Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arizona prosecutor slams soft-on-crime DA Bragg, refuses to send suspect in Soho hotel murder back t

OverSword

An Arizona prosecutor says she won’t ship the suspect in a vicious Soho hotel slaying back to the Big Apple because she doesn’t trust Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to do the right thing, telling reporters on Wednesday, “I think it’s safer to keep him here.”

Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell said Raad Almansoori, who is sought in the beating death of a Queens mom at a Manhattan hotel earlier this month, will remain behind bars on her turf because of Bragg’s track record handling hardened criminals.

“I know there’s been discussion about New York wanting to extradite this individual,” Mitchell said during a press conference. “This is not aimed at the New York Police Department at all. I know they did a hard job and they did a good job. But we will not be agreeing to extradition.

Link

• Like 4

This is how our legal system is taken down, brick by brick.  First, you have privileged people and double standards.  Then government officials begin to take on that privilege, and after a while, there is a competition to see who can get to the bottom first.  Loss of trust leads to a loss of respect for the law itself, and then it all falls apart.  This country has always been about respecting the law and being willing to compromise.  Once those are gone, so is America.

• Like 2

So.... uh..... Is Arizona just going to keep him locked up without a trial or just let him go?

Ah, nevermind.  Looks like he was happily commiting multiple crimes in Arizona to keep him jailed for a bit of time.  He can be extradicted after he serves his sentences or just set free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

So.... uh..... Is Arizona just going to keep him locked up without a trial or just let him go?

Ah, nevermind.  Looks like he was happily commiting multiple crimes in Arizona to keep him jailed for a bit of time.  He can be extradicted after he serves his sentences or just set free.

I figure they will extradite him after his sentence, the idea being keep him locked up and away from people as long as possible knowing first degree murder in New York can have a sentence as short as 15 years and less if allowed parole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I figure they will extradite him after his sentence, the idea being keep him locked up and away from people as long as possible knowing first degree murder in New York can have a sentence as short as 15 years and less if allowed parole.

Yeah, I don't have problem with that.  I don't think it is uncommon to force criminals to serve their sentences before extradicting them to face their other crimes elsewhere.  

Follow up on this story:

“We have two very violent crimes here,” Mitchell told host Ainsley Earhardt. “We have two women that were stabbed, and he is facing a lengthy mandatory prison sentence here, and even though there was a homicide in New York, we can guarantee that he is going to stay in custody here.”

“I’m putting the victims first and making sure that he stays in custody,” Mitchell added.

Mitchell said that doesn’t mean Almansoori will dodge justice in the Big Apple — but said Bragg will have to wait until she’s sure he’ll stay behind bars.

“Let me be very clear: My heart goes out to the next of kin of the victim in New York,” she said.

“And I want to be very clear to the public, we’re not saying that he will never be prosecuted in New York for what he did, but we’re saying we’re going first. And that way, when we secure a prison sentence on him, that has to be honored when he is extradited to New York City.”

Link

What happens if Arizona wants to give him the death penalty?