Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Cayce Earthquake Activity Increases

docyabut2

Along with the pole shift, earthquake activity will also increase. Cayce was specific about certain U.S. regions that will see such an increase in earthquakes. In his January 1936 reading 270-35, he stated when Vesuvius or Pelee volcanoes erupt, then within the following three months, the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada can expect an inundation of earthquakes. He also stated that the earthquake activity will be much stronger in the Southern Hemisphere than in the Northern Hemisphere.

https://www.lovetoknow.com/life/lifestyle/edgar-cayce-maps-his-prophecies-earth-explained

272px-Ville_de_Saint-Pierre.jpg

272px-Vesuvio_visto_dal_lungomare.jpg

Just wondering  if his predictions will happen :(

Edited by docyabut2

Any decent documentaries on this guy? 

I've heard about him, even had my grandmother talk about him in the 90s, when I was growing up but I mostly just hear negative talk around him, these days. And not much else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joseraul said:

I've heard about him, even had my grandmother talk about him in the 90s, when I was growing up but I mostly just hear negative talk around him, these days. And not much else.

Back in the 40`s my Dad was a member of the  ARE and was sent a book on Edgar Cayce documentaries and had a women friend that had a reading by Edgar Cayce. when I was growing up a lot of people believed that when the  Vesuvius or Pelee volcanoes erupted a big earthquake will hit California.

https://edgarcayce.org/

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Edgar Cayce???!!!

FFS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Just wondering  if his predictions will happen :(

No.   Because he made it all up.  

Though to be fair, neither he nor his audience knew about tectonic processes, so they weren't to know just what impossible gibberish it really was,

• Like 7

2 hours ago, susieice said:

California has been having a rough winter. A lot of heavy storms and flooding. Landslides are happening also. This is due to an active El Nino, not Cayce.

California faces flooding, mudslides as rain storm inundates state (msn.com)

Wouldn't the active El Nino,warm up the volcanos under beneath the volcanos causes the volcanos to blow up ?

Mount Pele

Mount Pelee is located on the French Caribbean Island of Martinique. Mt. Pelee last erupted in 1932 and is an active volcano that is closely watched for any signs of eruption.

Could Mount Vesuvius  blow up again ?

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Wouldn't the active El Nino,warm up the volcanos under beneath the volcanos causes the volcanos to blow up ?

Mount Pele

Mount Pelee is located on the French Caribbean Island of Martinique. Mt. Pelee last erupted in 1932 and is an active volcano that is closely watched for any signs of eruption.

Could Mount Vesuvius  blow up again ?

Mount Pele and Mount Vesuvius are both active volcanoes that could and probably will erupt again. There's a few active volcanoes on the US west coast, but I don't think El Nino would affect them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, susieice said:

Mount Pele and Mount Vesuvius are both active volcanoes that could and probably will erupt again. There's a few active volcanoes on the US west coast, but I don't think El Nino would affect them. 

Study reveals how volcanic eruptions affect El Niño

https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/soestwp/announce/news/study-reveals-how-volcanic-eruptions-affect-el-nino/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I could see this happening with all the ash and debris released into the atmosphere. The article says an eruption can cause a shift in the winds that could bring on an El Nino or El Nina, but El Nino won't cause an eruption.

• Thanks 2

On 2/22/2024 at 7:49 PM, joseraul said:

Well, who the **** are the "Red Race" and if they came from Atlantis why am I genetically related to Koreans and Manchus.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:11 PM, docyabut2 said:

Along with the pole shift, earthquake activity will also increase. Cayce was specific about certain U.S. regions that will see such an increase in earthquakes. In his January 1936 reading 270-35, he stated when Vesuvius or Pelee volcanoes erupt, then within the following three months, the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada can expect an inundation of earthquakes. He also stated that the earthquake activity will be much stronger in the Southern Hemisphere than in the Northern Hemisphere.

https://www.lovetoknow.com/life/lifestyle/edgar-cayce-maps-his-prophecies-earth-explained

272px-Ville_de_Saint-Pierre.jpg

272px-Vesuvio_visto_dal_lungomare.jpg

He also said California will fall off the continent when it's pushing in and up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:00 PM, docyabut2 said:

NO!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, who the **** are the "Red Race" and if they came from Atlantis why am I genetically related to Koreans and Manchus.

He also said California will fall off the continent when it's pushing in and up.

A lot to unpack here.

1 minute ago, joseraul said:

A lot to unpack here.

I can go on. His "medical practices" were actually dangerous and his Atlantis garbage was ripped directly from Ignatius Donnelly, a bigger idiot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I can go on. His "medical practices" were actually dangerous and his Atlantis garbage was ripped directly from Ignatius Donnelly, a bigger idiot. 

Sheesh. A lot of people took him seriously/still believe him.. has anything been correct?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, susieice said:

I could see this happening with all the ash and debris released into the atmosphere. The article says an eruption can cause a shift in the winds that could bring on an El Nino or El Nina, but El Nino won't cause an eruption.

I don `nt really believe in the  Edgar Cayce stuff but that one is scary my mom went  to California when there was a big earthquake that hit California in 1971

https://www.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/earthquakes/san-fernando#:~:text=On February 9%2C 1971 at,depth of about seven miles.

Refer to the figure caption.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Earthquakes are terribly scary. I'm glad your mom was alright.

I was in two smaller ones when I was in California and they were scary enough for me. I'm not accustomed to them like Californians are. Earthquakes have been happening there for as long as only God and Native Americans know. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, joseraul said:

Sheesh. A lot of people took him seriously/still believe him.. has anything been correct?

No, they just move the goalposts and change his predictions. I have books from the 60s of his original grift.

Christ! He said China would become a Christian Nation by the 60s, then said LA and San Fran will be destroyed by 1998 and the Second Coming would happen in 2000.

• Like 5

Do Scientists Think an Earthquake Could Sink Western California?

This often comes up when when people talk about earthquake activity along the Pacific coast of the United States. Seismologists have predicted that a massive scale (8.0 or higher on the Richter Scale) earthquake will shake the region sometime within the next 30 years or so. This is the so-called "Big One" that makes many Californians understandably nervous and inspires a variety of apocalyptic disaster speculations.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/question567.htm#:~:text=But while the Big One,cause earthquakes in the region.

• Like 1

The earthquake experts don't know what can happen to California.  but if the when Vesuvius or Pelee volcanoes eruptions happen ,could be a three month warning:( 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, docyabut2 said:

No.

Volcanoes erupt because a large amount of magma builds up in a magma chamber miles below the surface (FAR too distant to feel any weather effects, and the temperature there is actually HOTTER than the surface of the Earth) https://www.amnh.org/explore/ology/earth/power-of-plate-tectonics/volcanoes#:~:text=The melted rock%2C or magma,erupts%2C often causing volcanic eruptions.

When it forces its way to the surface you get several different types of eruptions.

There are three main classes of eruptions (https://www.nps.gov/subjects/volcanoes/eruption-classifications.htm and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_volcanic_eruptions) and 7 styles based on the height and shape of the volcanic column of ash.

The two volcanoes you mention erupt in different ways -- so they're actually considered very different.

• Thanks 1