Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fight or flight: Fearful Trump critics weigh the risk of retribution if he's re-elected

WVK

WASHINGTON — If Donald Trump stood no chance of becoming president again, the Vindman family would be planning a milestone birthday celebration right now.

Alexander Vindman’s wife, Rachel, turns 50 next month. But rather than spend money on a party, she wants to save it in case Trump returns to the White House and tries to retaliate against her husband for being a key witness in Trump’s first impeachment, Alexander Vindman said in an interview. The family might need the money in case they have to flee the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/donald-trump-retribution-fear-rcna139497

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So...  This is the level that US politics has fallen to thanks to Florida Man?  I mean, he's known to be a vindictive person.  He says he wants to form a dictatorship for one day, and that is an abnegation of his oath of office. It is a great surprise that Florida Man is still at large, frankly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

So...  This is the level that US politics has fallen to thanks to Florida Man?  I mean, he's known to be a vindictive person.  He says he wants to form a dictatorship for one day, and that is an abnegation of his oath of office. It is a great surprise that Florida Man is still at large, frankly.

Thanks to Florida Man?  It is obvious the piece is biased.  You can just tell from the phrasing.

Regardless, what it shows is Democrats are now afraid their own tactics will be used against them if they lose...  when Democrats do it, it is protecting Democracy.  It is resistance.  If Republicans do the same thing, it is now fascism, dictatorship, a vendetta, etc...

Democrats have spent almost 8 years trying to destroy Trump and anyone remotely connected to him.  Stretching laws and theories in unprecedented lawfare trying to bankrupt the man and all his associates.

You can't be serious...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

1 minute ago, Edumakated said:

Thanks to Florida Man?  It is obvious the piece is biased.  You can just tell from the phrasing.

Regardless, what it shows is Democrats are now afraid their own tactics will be used against them if they lose...  when Democrats do it, it is protecting Democracy.  It is resistance.  If Republicans do the same thing, it is now fascism, dictatorship, a vendetta, etc...

Democrats have spent almost 8 years trying to destroy Trump and anyone remotely connected to him.  Stretching laws and theories in unprecedented lawfare trying to bankrupt the man and all his associates.

You can't be serious...

I agree with both of you

36 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

This is all you need to know about NBC’s objectivity:

Ex-CIA Chief John Brennan Signs as MSNBC/NBC Contributor

Former CIA director John Brennan has become the latest member of the NBC News and MSNBC family, officially signing with the network as a contributor.

Brennan will serve as a senior national security and intelligence analyst for the networks, the company announced Thursday, adding that his first official appearance will come on this Sunday’s “Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WVK said:

Chuck Todd

:rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me if there was retribution of some sort.

• Like 1

biden-2024-doj-fbi-big-tech-ms-media-big

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Are they afraid or are they being asked targeted questions like “Are you afraid that El Trumpo will target you?” and “If Trump comes after you, what will you do?”. 

I laughed hard at this article didn't realise I needed the humour this morning. The Onion seems to have changed domain names,  wasn't aware they'd taken out a new domain on nbc too :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, susieice said:

He could start with the reptile who goes by thr name Adam Schiff,

• Haha 1

If Trump's opposition wasn't so cartoonishily corrupt, I'd probably criticize him more.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Like this?

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-2024-election/2024/02/23/id/1154783/

I can guarantee that should they be unable to stop him or throw the results into doubt, they will do whatever it takes to refuse him the office and their media and supporters will be shown to be hypocrites and most who hate Trump will say the end justifies the means.  What will also end will be our Republic.  Is destroying Trump really worth that?  REALLY?

15 hours ago, WVK said:

Alexander Vindman’s wife, Rachel, turns 50 next month. But rather than spend money on a party, she wants to save it in case Trump returns to the White House and tries to retaliate against her husband for being a key witness in Trump’s first impeachment,

Trump's not stupid enough to retaliate-- it would be bleeding obvious, wouldn't it?

Us in the UK need someone who's NOT a politician to be prime minister

15 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Florida Man repeatedly incriminated himself from his own mouth.  You just can't go around freely admitting to crimes in the USA without the forces of law and order noticing these days.  You can't claim "lawfare" when someone goes around literally and loudly bragging about all the crimes he has committed.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-just-incriminated-himself-truth-social-glenn-kirschner-1862310

https://news.yahoo.com/lawrence-trump-incriminated-himself-fox-031242955.html?guccounter=1

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/09/opinions/trump-damns-himself-with-his-own-words-cupp/index.html

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/donald-trump-speaks-of-new-nword-compares-himself-to-al-capone-in-offscript-moment-at-rally-in-wake-of-legal-woes/news-story/fade633999f592c40463afefc30b9052

• Confused 1