Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Google News’ Bias Moved Further Left?: 2022 and 2023 Compared

WVK

The latest AllSides Google News bias analysis found 63% of articles that appeared on the news aggregator over a 2-week period were from media outlets on the left. This is a larger share than in 2022, when 61% of articles on Google News  were from liberal outlets. In 2023, 6% of articles were from sources on the right; in 2022, just 3%. 

In the days leading up to the 2022 midterm elections, AllSides found the search term “election” returned no Google News results from Center-, Lean Right- or Right-rated media outlets. (View the AllSides 2022 Google 

https://www.allsides.com/blog/has-google-news-bias-moved-further-left-2022-and-2023-compared#:~:text=The latest AllSides Google News,News were from liberal outlets.

• Like 2

It appears that Google News has indeed moved to the left.

I have noticed this same trend in a number of different areas and think it is a reaction to the never-ending drama from Trump and the right-wing.  America is getting tired of the clown show and I think this will be remembered in November.

What will MSNBC do once Trump is convicted and safely sitting in jail?  They will actually have to come up with some real programming.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

It appears that Google News has indeed moved to the left.

I have noticed this same trend in a number of different areas and think it is a reaction to the never-ending drama from Trump and the right-wing.  America is getting tired of the clown show and I think this will be remembered in November.

What will MSNBC do once Trump is convicted and safely sitting in jail?  They will actually have to come up with some real programming.

Doug

Or maybe there is a propaganda campaign from the left and their sycophants in mainstream media...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Or maybe there is a propaganda campaign from the left and their sycophants in mainstream media...

I think both sides can be fairly charged with propaganda campaigns.  That's what politics is.

Doug

Well, considering their AI has eliminated white people all together, yeah. Left as ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About the only thing not moving more left are the citizens as far as I can tell.  Among my friends and coworkers there is a definite shift right in attidtudes.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

I use Google News and seems about right to me. I get a lot of CNN, MSNBC and Al-Jazeera.

It comes with the territory, I'd say. Like talking to the uber-Left crowd in the Cafe at work. You know what to expect, and take it for what it is.

How many right wing sources are there, and more importantly are any reliable? 

I've seen links worse than Breitbart from some posters and let's be honest. No self respecting organisation would regurgitate Breitbart or Rebel News vomit. It's pure garbage.

Individuals with an axe to grind are the only people who keeps those toilet rags afloat. It's not real news. 

If one wants the latest right wing garbage, Facebook or X seems as good a place as any to get a load in. 

• Like 1