Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another balloon intercepted today over Utah

susieice

Sounds like a hobby club balloon to me also. 

• Like 2

Makes you wonder why the traitors in DC aren't conducting military tribunals and executing all the hobby balloonists. The current regime HATES this country and are an EMBARRASSMENT. 

• Haha 4

On 2/24/2024 at 11:54 AM, Hawken said:

Shoot it down with a $500k missile instead of cheaper 20mm cannon shells. :w00t:

You're memory doesn't work very well does it 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/runaway-weather-balloon-fighter-jets-history-2023-2%3famp

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 4:01 AM, Tatetopa said:

I guess there are other balloons in the air besides those launched by the Chinese.

Of course not. Don't be silly 

It simply must be an enemy incursion and Biden is behind it!!!!!

There's no other options! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/25/2024 at 3:50 PM, Katniss said:

I think it would have been funny if they reported seeing a license plate on this balloon that said something like FLOATER 1 ?

:D

Like the Chinese one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3dXvw0o2JiKIPbMPXm69

• Haha 3

On 2/23/2024 at 5:39 PM, and-then said:

No threat?  They either have no clue what it does or they understand and don't want to be embarrassed.  DC is filled with TRAITORS to this nation and those who support the current regime are just as bad...

I used to be involved in an ozone monitoring project.  We launched weather balloons equipped with GPS and ozone monitors.  They were not maneuverable, either.

Each balloon had a "sniffer" that took in air samples and measured the ozone content and radioed the info back to base.  They made a sniffing sound.  They were supported by string and duck tape attached to the balloon.  A $2000 instrument held up by string!  There was a note in each sniffer that offered a $50 reward for the return of the sniffer.

One of our balloons landed in a parking lot in a Texas mall.  The local police thought it looked suspicious and brought in a bomb to blow it up.  After that, they decided to call the number on the box and discovered the reward.  Great investigators.

Most of our units landed out in the woods and have never been seen again.  About half of those that were recovered didn't work anymore, anyway.

Fortunately, the Air Force wasn't hunting weather balloons in those days.

Doug

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:58 AM, Gromdor said:

Something that we don't know where it is from, what it is about, or how it got here?  KEEEELLLLLLL IT!   

The FAA requires advance notice of balloon launches so they can close the air space around it to prevent accidents.  All anybody has to do is call the FAA and ask.

Doug

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:58 AM, Gromdor said:

Something that we don't know where it is from, what it is about, or how it got here?  KEEEELLLLLLL IT!   

It could and maybe should have been shot down.  They did not file a flight plan. 

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

It could and maybe should have been shot down.  They did not file a flight plan. 

Balloons don't file flight plans.  They typically are class G, D or E.

They typically go where the wind takes them so flight plans are useless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Balloons don't file flight plans.  They typically are class G, D or E.

They typically go where the wind takes them so flight plans are useless.

I was going off of Doug's comment - "The FAA requires advance notice of balloon launches so they can close the air space around it to prevent accidents".   If they did not follow the guidelines they deserve what they get, I guess.