Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Absurd CNN lies

Duke Wellington

I thought I would share this for the humour value. In January 2024 CNN claimed it had reached the most viewers in cable news at 42.8 million viewers - CNN Ranks As Top 5 Network in All of Cable TV in January Yet no one else reports that.

Adweek had them at 605,000 - Here are the Cable News Ratings for January 2024 (adweek.com)

Deadline also had them at the same amount - Fox News Tops January Ratings, Sees Primetime Viewership Bump With MSNBC (deadline.com)

The New York Post laughed at CNN for lagging behind even the History Channel - CNN ratings lag behind History Channel, obscure Western network (nypost.com)

And Yahoo Finance congratulated Fox News as being the first to have 22 consecutive years now as number one - FOX News Channel Makes Cable News History as the First Network to Mark 22 Consecutive Years at Number One (yahoo.com)

CNN is so utterly phoney, so utterly corrupt, so utterly deluded. How anyone takes them seriously I don`t know.

• Like 3

Gee, a media player exaggerated their position?  Lock Them Up.

I mean, that's rather like Fux News .. only less harmful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I thought I would share this for the humour value. In January 2024 CNN claimed it had reached the most viewers in cable news at 42.8 million viewers - CNN Ranks As Top 5 Network in All of Cable TV in January Yet no one else reports that.

Adweek had them at 605,000 - Here are the Cable News Ratings for January 2024 (adweek.com)

Deadline also had them at the same amount - Fox News Tops January Ratings, Sees Primetime Viewership Bump With MSNBC (deadline.com)

The New York Post laughed at CNN for lagging behind even the History Channel - CNN ratings lag behind History Channel, obscure Western network (nypost.com)

And Yahoo Finance congratulated Fox News as being the first to have 22 consecutive years now as number one - FOX News Channel Makes Cable News History as the First Network to Mark 22 Consecutive Years at Number One (yahoo.com)

CNN is so utterly phoney, so utterly corrupt, so utterly deluded. How anyone takes them seriously I don`t know.

I will click on CNN from time to time to balance my viewing.  You need to watch some of CNN and FoxNews in order to educate yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, but watching videos on US politics makes me vomit.

About the only source I'll go to is looking at (higher) court outcomes - I figure that if your court system goes down from being as corrupt as the political one... then your country is far worse than just 'lost'.

So, the last few weeks have been rather interesting.  It all seems to be heading in a rather obvious direction, but let's wait on the 'appeals' (term used very loosely)...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

About the only source I'll go to is looking at (higher) court outcomes - I figure that if your court system goes down from being as corrupt as the political one... then your country is far worse than just 'lost'.

So, the last few weeks have been rather interesting.  It all seems to be heading in a rather obvious direction, but let's wait on the 'appeals' (term used very loosely)...

When I watched the Kyle Rittenhouse trial I had two questions.

The first is why when there is video evidence of him being attacked and defending himself is he on trial? And then after he was found not guilty why is President Biden giving a speech saying he needs to be imprisoned? Both set alarm bells off in my mind. The judge and jury have my respect for keeping politics out of determining guilt or innocence.

What I don`t like with Trump is there is no jury. There will be more than one judge on the appeals panel but does that really fully negate the risk? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Try Planet America.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is what they claim: In January, CNN continued to be a top destination for cable television viewers, ranking in the top five of all of cable among P2+ for the eighth consecutive month. Further, CNN reached the most viewers in cable news in January among both P2+ and P25-54 (P2+: CNN: 42.8m, Fox News: 42.1m, MSNBC: 32.9m; P25-54: CNN: 10.8m, Fox News: 10.2m, MSNBC: 8.0m).

I don't really see it as a lie as they cherry picked the time frame and scope of what they were #1 in.

It's a like a politican bragging about how great the economy is compared to his rival and then only cherry picking a timeframe where he was higher than his rival.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Try Planet America.

Yep, already do..  I think Oz's ABC (nothing to do with the US one) is one of the best news media overall.

• Like 3