Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The more Americans that take Ozempic, the faster the US economy will grow, Goldman Sachs says

WVK

I see it replacing one problem with another.

Ozempic side effects

Common Ozempic side effects

• low blood sugar (in people with type 2 diabetes);

• upset stomach, heartburn, burping, gas, bloating;

• nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite;

• diarrhea, constipation;

• runny nose or sore throat;

• stomach flu symptoms; or

• headache, dizziness, tiredness.

Serious Ozempic side effects.

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives, itching; dizziness, fast heartbeats; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have:

• vision changes;

• unusual mood changes, thoughts about hurting yourself;

• pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;

• a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;

• signs of a thyroid tumor--swelling or a lump in your neck, trouble swallowing, a hoarse voice, feeling short of breath;

• symptoms of pancreatitis--severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea with or without vomiting, fast heart rate;

• gallbladder problems--upper stomach pain, fever, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

• low blood sugar--headache, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, irritability, dizziness, fast heart rate, or feeling jittery;

• kidney problems--swelling, urinating less, blood in urine, feeling tired or short of breath

• stomach flu symptoms--stomach cramps, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea (may be watery or bloody)

• symptoms of ileus (stomach paralysis)--bloating, stomach cramps or pain, nausea or vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, loss of appetite.
  • Like 5

Watching those drug commercials on tv. Half of the ad is naming all the side effects. While playing pleasant music :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It works wonders for people who have diabetes … and as a side effect people lose weight. 
Enter stage left a culture obsessed with looks and the easy fix. 
What happens? The poster children for vacuous looks and obsession with money and appearance latch onto it and turn it into someone everyone EXCEPT the people the medication is designed for can access. 
**** You Kim Kardashian and your ilk, you are literally endangering my mother’s life because withdrawn from Ozempic can be dangerous and my mother was proscribed Ozempic back when it was only a diabetes medication. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

Ozempic side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives, itching; dizziness, fast heartbeats; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

• vision changes;

• signs of a thyroid tumor--swelling or a lump in your neck, trouble swallowing, a hoarse voice, feeling short of breath;

• symptoms of pancreatitis--severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea with or without vomiting, fast heart rate;

• gallbladder problems--upper stomach pain, fever, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

• low blood sugar--headache, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, irritability, dizziness, fast heart rate, or feeling jittery;

• kidney problems--swelling, urinating less, blood in urine, feeling tired or short of breath

• stomach flu symptoms--stomach cramps, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea (may be watery or bloody)

• symptoms of ileus (stomach paralysis)--bloating, stomach cramps or pain, nausea or vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, loss of appetite.

I am diabetic and this is why I stopped taking Trulicity and refused to ever take it again. It took a while but I got hit with every stomach issue listed here. 4 stays in the hospital to correct it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

57 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Watching those drug commercials on tv. Half of the ad is naming all the side effects. While playing pleasant music :wacko:

And notice that nearly every ad on network and cable news networks is for a drug.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, susieice said:

I am diabetic and this is why I stopped taking Trulicity and refused to ever take it again. It took a while but I got hit with every stomach issue listed here. 4 stays in the hospital to correct it. 

I am also diabetic.  Have been for 25 years or so.  I was never obese and it doesn't run in my family.   I take insulin.  I have a pump.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Myles said:

I am also diabetic.  Have been for 25 years or so.  I was never obese and it doesn't run in my family.   I take insulin.  I have a pump.

Did you take a hit on the head? I've seen that happen and the guy was thin and stayed thin.

• Confused 1

Just now, Myles said:

I was diagnosed about 9 years ago. I did very well on metformin and amaryl until the pandemic when my sugars started to go up. I had retired before that so I already wasn't as active as I had been. My doctor at the time put me on Trulicity. It took a little over a year and an increase in dosage but I started presenting the side effects, badly. I went back to my regular medical doctor and he gave me Lantus, so I take a shot every night. I've had no problems since. I'm not obese either but I didn't lose weight taking these drugs. I did when I was first diagnosed but I credit that more to a stricter low-carbohydrate diet than any diabetes medications.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WVK said:

The thinking behind Goldman's forecast is that poor health burdens economic growth because it can weigh heavily on the total labor supply and hours worked through elevated frequencies of "missed days" at work, early death, and informal caregiving that takes people out of the workforce.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ar-BB1iLVjT

treat workers better, pay more money etc.... people wouldn't feel the need to throw a sicky so much.

companies should share profits with the work force.. something that should be enforced by government.

the 'sums it up' joke:

a CEO takes a young starter to the car park & points at his Ferrari.

the CEO says: 'there ya go son, you work hard enough i'll be able to buy another one next year' !

• Like 2

Yeah. The vibe is almost like... ransom demands.

Dystopian.

The magic pill. The 'cure you need everyday'

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

:( Susieice I don't blame you. All of that happening must of have been very stressful for you. If you don't mind if I ask, was it a referred doctor that prescribed Trulicity for you or your regular doctor?

5 hours ago, susieice said:

I was diagnosed about 9 years ago. I did very well on metformin and amaryl until the pandemic when my sugars started to go up. I had retired before that so I already wasn't as active as I had been. My doctor at the time put me on Trulicity. It took a little over a year and an increase in dosage but I started presenting the side effects, badly. I went back to my regular medical doctor and he gave me Lantus, so I take a shot every night. I've had no problems since. I'm not obese either but I didn't lose weight taking these drugs. I did when I was first diagnosed but I credit that more to a stricter low-carbohydrate diet than any diabetes medications.

I'm glad he found a medication that works for you with no problems now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Katniss said:

:( Susieice I don't blame you. All of that happening must of have been very stressful for you. If you don't mind if I ask, was it a referred doctor that prescribed Trulicity for you or your regular doctor?

I'm glad he found a medication that works for you with no problems now.

Thanks Katniss. I don't mind at all. Information is important here.

I had retired maybe a year before the pandemic hit. I had had surgeries on both of my legs and my doctors signed me out on disability. That caused a change in my insurance that my regular doctor didn't accept so I had to go to another one. He decided to put me on Trulicity and it worked for a time but then he increased the dosage. Within a few months I was in the hospital a few times with horrible stomach issues. Around that time, I got a different insurance company that my old doctor took and I went right back to him. I was starting to have cholesterol issues too and as soon as he put me back on my old medication the problems stopped. He told me a change in insurance and a switch in doctors can do a lot to you. It sure can. I had a nephew that was also taking Trulicity and he told me he stopped because it made him so sick. A woman in my building told me she was taking Ozempic and she stopped because it made her sick. My doctor told me that you can take a medication for a long time and all of a sudden develop a side effect. He also cut my metformin down a lot as it too can cause the gastric issues that I was having. Since I'm back with him, my blood sugars and cholesterol numbers are really good. 

I really like my doctor. He sits down and talks to me. Tells me what he wants me to take, how he wants me to take it, and why he wants me to take it like that. I won't give him up again without a fight.

A lot of my sugar issues started coming on when the pandemic hit. I live in a +55 senior housing apartment and we aren't far from New York City, the hardest hit place in the country. We had people here that commuted to New York for work and when it hit here it hit hard. My area was in that big red spot that indicated New York and the worse part of the country to be in. No one went out for almost half a year until after the vaccine had been released and we were fully vaccinated. I'm sure I didn't eat properly and got little exercise other than housework. Now my doctor has me right where I need to be. 

Didn't mean to write a book but I thought an explanation of what happened would be good. I do worry about people who take these drugs only for weight loss as I know diabetics, myself included, have had issues with them. I also worry that they'll drop their sugars too low. Keep a close eye on yourself and open a good line of communication with your doctor. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Myles said:

Since your confused diabetes insipidus can be caused by even a mild brain injury which sometimes causes a hormonal imbalance. 

If it's neither genetic or weight related that's what it sometimes is. 

Your find articles about it all over with a Google.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Since your confused diabetes insipidus can be caused by even a mild brain injury which sometimes causes a hormonal imbalance. 

If it's neither genetic or weight related that's what it sometimes is. 

Your find articles about it all over with a Google.

I think it was due to the excessive carbs I consumed.    Mashed potatoes, chicken and noodles and stuff like that was eaten in abundance by younger me.  you could eat like that as a teenager without gaining weight.  but I'll never know why I had become diabetic.  

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think it was due to the excessive carbs I consumed.    Mashed potatoes, chicken and noodles and stuff like that was eaten in abundance by younger me.  you could eat like that as a teenager without gaining weight.  but I'll never know why I had become diabetic.  

If you were a active teen and didn't gain weight it's "insipidus" and hormonal. Not a teenage diet. That's a shame though because there is no pre-test. It just hits you. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Myles said:

Ozempic side effects

• vision changes;

Does Goldman Sacks have a financial interest in the success of Ozempic I wonder. It’s a lifetime commitment because the weight will be regained if the drug is discontinued:

https://www.health.com/what-happens-stop-taking-ozempic-8406764

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WVK said:

Does Goldman Sacks have a financial interest in the success of Ozempic I wonder. It’s a lifetime commitment because the weight will be regained if the drug is discontinued:

https://www.health.com/what-happens-stop-taking-ozempic-8406764

Trying to exert social pressure to force people to have a medication.

The easiest way to loose weight is to adopt a 1 meat and 2 veg approach to each meal. Home cooked. Dump the bread, pasta, rice, breakfast cereals, sweets, chocolate, puddings, potatoes, and sugary drinks. You can have bread only for a couple of sandwiches at work or some noodles with cooking not being practical there.

The greatest fallacy of the modern diet is that eating fat makes you fat. Well, there is no mechanism for human fat cells to absorb fat. They absorb sugar in response to elevated insulin levels. Look at the diet meals, replacing fat with sugar/carbs and trying to convince people they are healthy because the carbs are complex or they added fibre. Its BS. Get off the fake diet meals and go fatty meat with two veg.

Fat does not cause heart disease, inflammation does. The inflammation takes fat to produce bad cholesterol. Cut inflammation and eat the fat not the sugar/carbs. You cut inflammation by doing weights for exercise instead of cardio (yes cardio rockets inflammation as it causes a lot of tissue damage). You cut it by giving up smoking, or at least getting onto vaping. You cut it by being sensible with the number of alcoholic drinks you have.

Stop listening to all the BS about plant polyphenols and the like. While its true if they are put into a petri dish with cells it reduces the rate of aging and poor health factors. The fact remains the human digestive system knocks most of them out. They don`t make it past your stomach acid, you are not mice, you are humans. Unless you are consuming them rectally the vast majority of them are doing nothing for you beyond vitamins, minerals, and calories.

Dump the farmed fish. Do you know a large glass of full fat cows milk has just as much Omega-3 as a portion of fish? And thats regular milk, not grass fed cows. That cows milk has literally 50 types of fat in it most of which have never been researched. Its natures food.

• Like 1

“One spillover effect would be an increase in productivity. Hatzius cited academic studies that show obese individuals are both less likely to work and less productive when they do work.”

Expecting an increase in productivity may be wishful thinking. Obesity is often tied to a lifestyle that’s lacking in physical activity and functional fitness. I’m not being judgmental: I get it that many people find exercise to be absolutely boring, to the point of being torturous. But anyone who decides to stop using Ozempic after reaching their target weight will soon discover that an essential part of weight management is physical activity. The sedentary lifestyle that obesity often leads to will have to be replaced with an active lifestyle, or the creeping weight gain will continue.

1 hour ago, Electric Scooter said:

Trying to exert social pressure to force people to have a medication.

The easiest way to loose weight is to adopt a 1 meat and 2 veg approach to each meal. Home cooked. Dump the bread, pasta, rice, breakfast cereals, sweets, chocolate, puddings, potatoes, and sugary drinks. You can have bread only for a couple of sandwiches at work or some noodles with cooking not being practical there.

The greatest fallacy of the modern diet is that eating fat makes you fat. Well, there is no mechanism for human fat cells to absorb fat. They absorb sugar in response to elevated insulin levels. Look at the diet meals, replacing fat with sugar/carbs and trying to convince people they are healthy because the carbs are complex or they added fibre. Its BS. Get off the fake diet meals and go fatty meat with two veg.

Fat does not cause heart disease, inflammation does. The inflammation takes fat to produce bad cholesterol. Cut inflammation and eat the fat not the sugar/carbs. You cut inflammation by doing weights for exercise instead of cardio (yes cardio rockets inflammation as it causes a lot of tissue damage). You cut it by giving up smoking, or at least getting onto vaping. You cut it by being sensible with the number of alcoholic drinks you have.

Stop listening to all the BS about plant polyphenols and the like. While its true if they are put into a petri dish with cells it reduces the rate of aging and poor health factors. The fact remains the human digestive system knocks most of them out. They don`t make it past your stomach acid, you are not mice, you are humans. Unless you are consuming them rectally the vast majority of them are doing nothing for you beyond vitamins, minerals, and calories.

Dump the farmed fish. Do you know a large glass of full fat cows milk has just as much Omega-3 as a portion of fish? And thats regular milk, not grass fed cows. That cows milk has literally 50 types of fat in it most of which have never been researched. Its natures food.

I've never had an issue losing weight if I needed to lose a few pounds.   It is simple if you get down to the nitty gritty.   Burn more calories than you consume.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

If you were a active teen and didn't gain weight it's "insipidus" and hormonal. Not a teenage diet. That's a shame though because there is no pre-test. It just hits you. 

I was an active teen.   I got diabetes when I was 25 years old.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've never had an issue losing weight if I needed to lose a few pounds.   It is simple if you get down to the nitty gritty.   Burn more calories than you consume.   

Weight gain only happens by eating sugar/carbs.

Excess protein at a level which would be unusual, and two fats which can be converted to sugar that exist in food in very small quantities, could technically cause it but would require extreme eating situations. Its the sugar/carbs.

We have evolved to get the sugar in spring from fruit, not all year round. Its the fatten us up food after a cold winter of starvation. Not the staple source of calories. Yet it is in most peoples present day diets and why so many are fat and obese.

9 hours ago, susieice said:

Thanks Katniss. I don't mind at all. Information is important here.

I had retired maybe a year before the pandemic hit. I had had surgeries on both of my legs and my doctors signed me out on disability. That caused a change in my insurance that my regular doctor didn't accept so I had to go to another one. He decided to put me on Trulicity and it worked for a time but then he increased the dosage. Within a few months I was in the hospital a few times with horrible stomach issues. Around that time, I got a different insurance company that my old doctor took and I went right back to him. I was starting to have cholesterol issues too and as soon as he put me back on my old medication the problems stopped. He told me a change in insurance and a switch in doctors can do a lot to you. It sure can. I had a nephew that was also taking Trulicity and he told me he stopped because it made him so sick. A woman in my building told me she was taking Ozempic and she stopped because it made her sick. My doctor told me that you can take a medication for a long time and all of a sudden develop a side effect. He also cut my metformin down a lot as it too can cause the gastric issues that I was having. Since I'm back with him, my blood sugars and cholesterol numbers are really good. 

I really like my doctor. He sits down and talks to me. Tells me what he wants me to take, how he wants me to take it, and why he wants me to take it like that. I won't give him up again without a fight.

A lot of my sugar issues started coming on when the pandemic hit. I live in a +55 senior housing apartment and we aren't far from New York City, the hardest hit place in the country. We had people here that commuted to New York for work and when it hit here it hit hard. My area was in that big red spot that indicated New York and the worse part of the country to be in. No one went out for almost half a year until after the vaccine had been released and we were fully vaccinated. I'm sure I didn't eat properly and got little exercise other than housework. Now my doctor has me right where I need to be. 

Didn't mean to write a book but I thought an explanation of what happened would be good. I do worry about people who take these drugs only for weight loss as I know diabetics, myself included, have had issues with them. I also worry that they'll drop their sugars too low. Keep a close eye on yourself and open a good line of communication with your doctor. 

Oh wow! I understand now how it all happened and thank you for clarifying. Yes, insurance can be such a pain much of the time. And I agree, people should be cautious when taking these medications for weight loss only. I think it's better for those that don't have diabetes to not take them at all for weight loss. Actually it wasn't a book you wrote, but a very interesting post. :D Thanks, Susieice.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

but I'll never know why I had become diabetic.  

Myles, sometimes it can be partly genetic inherited. This ADA link has good information about that.

Genetics of Diabetes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the assumption is that everyone in the U.S. is a type 2 diabetic?   This looks more like an advertisement than news.  What a stupid way to advertise a prescription drug!

• Like 4