Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The more Americans that take Ozempic, the faster the US economy will grow, Goldman Sachs says

WVK

On 2/24/2024 at 12:40 PM, WVK said:

The thinking behind Goldman's forecast is that poor health burdens economic growth because it can weigh heavily on the total labor supply and hours worked through elevated frequencies of "missed days" at work, early death, and informal caregiving that takes people out of the workforce.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ar-BB1iLVjT

Or, and hear me out here, people could eat healthier and exercise.   

• Like 5

I'm actually thinking of trying it.  I need to lose about 50lbs.  I'm also borderline diabetic.

I figure it may make exercising easier and more consistent as I'd start seeing results faster.  Most people stop exercise routines as it takes so long to see any real improvement so they get discouraged.

There as an article in WSJ last week that a lot of people have been gaining the weight back after they get off of it because their lifestyle doesn't change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

I'm actually thinking of trying it.  I need to lose about 50lbs.  I'm also borderline diabetic.

I figure it may make exercising easier and more consistent as I'd start seeing results faster.  Most people stop exercise routines as it takes so long to see any real improvement so they get discouraged.

There as an article in WSJ last week that a lot of people have been gaining the weight back after they get off of it because their lifestyle doesn't change.

IMO the only good way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle.  I did that myself about nine months ago and it was well worth it.  The thing I miss most is snacking.  The only snack food I  keep in the house now are cashews and almonds and unflavored Bubly. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

I hope you have tried other means first.   Depending on drugs will not work by itself.   Also the side effects could really hurt you.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

IMO the only good way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle.  I did that myself about nine months ago and it was well worth it.  The thing I miss most is snacking.  The only snack food I  keep in the house now are cashews and almonds and unflavored Bubly. 

I agree.  However, I think Ozempic could be a good aid or supplement to get faster results to keep motivated.  Definitely trying to make the lifestyle changes to where it becomes normal habit.  I am fairly healthy for a 50 year old.  A bit of a Dad bod from a sedentary office lifestyle.  Just want to drop the extra pounds.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:47 AM, Edumakated said:

I agree.  However, I think Ozempic could be a good aid or supplement to get faster results to keep motivated.  Definitely trying to make the lifestyle changes to where it becomes normal habit.  I am fairly healthy for a 50 year old.  A bit of a Dad bod from a sedentary office lifestyle.  Just want to drop the extra pounds.  

Carrying to much weight is something that some pro sportsmen have been accused of over the years.  Their defence is to say if they can perform then what does it matter?

Trt cgange the goals to be focused on performance and let the body shape be a by product.