Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taylor Swift's father Scott Swift accused of assaulting photographer

Still Waters

Australian police are investigating an allegation by a paparazzo that he was assaulted by Taylor Swift's father.

Ben McDonald, 51, accused Scott Swift, 71, of striking his face on a Sydney wharf. He did not need medical help.

The confrontation happened on Tuesday after Mr Swift and the pop megastar disembarked from a yacht.

A spokesperson for the singer did not address the assault claim but said two people had behaved aggressively towards them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68410241

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh brother!   Anything to get her name in the news?   AGAIN!!!!!!and AGAIN!!!!!and AGAIN!!!!     can’t blame her and her handlers for cashing in on her rapidly aging cash cow (Taylor Swift) while they can I guess.    Hype sells.

Given how some paparazzi behave I’m not surprised someone lashed out. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Given how some paparazzi behave I’m not surprised someone lashed out. 

Well, good point Sir,   I suppose it could have actually happened as being portrayed ..  I guess I’m just suspect and skeptical of any thing  Taylor Swift  related.    **pose**. .  ‘hey! I know dad!*.   .. just smack some photographer or reporter  …. HEADLINE!!’ 🤩

Edited by lightly

• 1 month later...

Taylor's Swift's father will not be charged over accusations he assaulted a paparazzo in Australia.

Ben McDonald, 51, told police Scott Swift, 72, struck him in the face on a Sydney wharf on 27 February. He did not need medical help.

A spokesperson for Swift at the time said two people had been behaving aggressively towards the megastar.

After a month-long investigation, New South Wales police on Tuesday said no further action would be taken.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68622831

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good for him!  The paparazzi doesn't have the right to threaten or stalk someone.  Someone crossed the line in a way that angered Papa Swift.  He reacted the way most father's would.  Violently.