Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MPs to get taxpayer-funded bodyguards as they face threat of attacks by extremists

itsnotoutthere

MPs facing threats are set to get extra security as part of a multi-million pound package, the Home Office has announced.

The £31million fund will see MPs being provided with a dedicated police contact with speak to over safety issues while some could recieve bodyguards. Home Secretary James Cleverly will meet with police chiefs on Wednesday to discuss what more can be done to improve the safety of MPs. He said no MP should have to accept that threats or harassment is "part of the job".

There have been fears about MPs being targeted since the outbreak of the Israel-Gaza war. Tory MP Tobias Ellwood's home was targeted earlier this month by pro-Palestine protesters, with the police warning his family to "stay away" from the property as "arriving through that crowd would've antagonised the situation".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mps-to-get-taxpayer-funded-bodyguards-as-they-face-threat-of-attacks-by-extremists/ar-BB1j1wKb?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=d619d624c7264af6f50394b54bc252b5&ei=19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

MPs facing threats are set to get extra security as part of a multi-million pound package, the Home Office has announced.

The £31million fund will see MPs being provided with a dedicated police contact with speak to over safety issues while some could recieve bodyguards. Home Secretary James Cleverly will meet with police chiefs on Wednesday to discuss what more can be done to improve the safety of MPs. He said no MP should have to accept that threats or harassment is "part of the job".

There have been fears about MPs being targeted since the outbreak of the Israel-Gaza war. Tory MP Tobias Ellwood's home was targeted earlier this month by pro-Palestine protesters, with the police warning his family to "stay away" from the property as "arriving through that crowd would've antagonised the situation".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mps-to-get-taxpayer-funded-bodyguards-as-they-face-threat-of-attacks-by-extremists/ar-BB1j1wKb?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=d619d624c7264af6f50394b54bc252b5&ei=19

The woke brigade think they are entitled to stalk and abuse politicians they don`t agree with.

I think this conduct can be traced back to the lunatics gaining the message during Trumps first bout in office that they can behave however the hell they want to. That with the contamination spreading to our own country makes me think its time to censor what goes on in the USA, and in this specific case Israel.

• Like 1

I read the title and was almost excited, then realized it had nothing to do with Military Police (MPs).

• Like 1

"The Government will take every possible step to safeguard the people, processes and institutions upon which our democracy relies. 

Yet at the same time allow nearly unlimited influx of Islamic immigrants.  Uh huh...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, and-then said:

"The Government will take every possible step to safeguard the people, processes and institutions upon which our democracy relies. 

Yet at the same time allow nearly unlimited influx of Islamic immigrants.  Uh huh...

Not just allow, encourage. Like all established economies, we need immigrants for economic reasons (low birth rate, ageing workforce). The UK decided to stop fellow Europeans coming to the UK for seasonal or temporary work and now we recruit permanent immigrants from the Middle East and Far East. All legal, 1.5 million last year, 400k per year projected over the next decade, and the govt distracts the electorate with the 45k coming in small boats. The people raging about the small boats need to wake up! 

7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

If the likes of Lee Neanderthal, Priti Patel and Suella Braverman stopped stirring hatred, there would be less problems. I have always been a Tory supporter, but these rabble-rousers are not Tories. And the biggest joke is that the people they are stirring up don't realise they are being played for fools- Priti Patel told the Indian diaspora in 2015, that if they voted for Brexit, the UK doors would open to India!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pellinore said:

If the likes of Lee Neanderthal, Priti Patel and Suella Braverman stopped stirring hatred, there would be less problems. I have always been a Tory supporter, but these rabble-rousers are not Tories. And the biggest joke is that the people they are stirring up don't realise they are being played for fools- Priti Patel told the Indian diaspora in 2015, that if they voted for Brexit, the UK doors would open to India!

LMAO

If you`re a Tory supporter than I`m the Pope!!!

Do you accept there are nut jobs in society that would harass, stalk, threaten, and even murder left wing politicians? Well, all you need to do is flip it around because there are plenty of nut jobs that target right wing politicians too. Heck, some of the crazies even try to have a pop at Monarchs and those who are celebrities.

Take Jennifer Lawrence having to block all her windows because people keep entering onto her property and staring through them. Its weird, and creepy, and even worse someone released `her video` online. Probably an Ex. People can be crazy when it comes to those with high status. Those prone to obsessive thinking become infatuated with them, and if they need to control others to keep their minds together they go full on the Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

All public figures need better protections, and in the case of politics people should not be scared off entering into it because some lunatic might attack them. Its disgraceful. 

16 hours ago, pellinore said:

Not just allow, encourage. Like all established economies, we need immigrants for economic reasons (low birth rate, ageing workforce). The UK decided to stop fellow Europeans coming to the UK for seasonal or temporary work and now we recruit permanent immigrants from the Middle East and Far East. All legal, 1.5 million last year, 400k per year projected over the next decade, and the govt distracts the electorate with the 45k coming in small boats. The people raging about the small boats need to wake up! 

Rather than recruit from ME, ship them in from Mexico, Central South America. As Catholics wouldn’t they be less hostile towards Western culture?

21 hours ago, pellinore said:

The Economic Case for Mass Migration has Finally Collapsed

It was a delightful theory. Opening Britain’s borders would bring an influx of human capital that would leave the country richer, the tax burden lower, public services stronger and our culture enriched. And, as a theory, it had the great benefit of being all but impossible to falsify unless someone was daft enough to actually try it in practice. 

Unfortunately, thanks to the Conservatives, this has now happened. And the resulting confrontation with reality has demolished a truly beautiful idea. Report after report, dataset after dataset, is hammering home a simple message: mass migration is not making Britain better off. 

The latest entry in the list has taken a sledgehammer to the argument that immigration is desperately needed to prop up our crumbling public services. 

As the Institute for Fiscal Studies argues, the “fiscal headroom” generated by immigration is largely illusory. Rather than the result of carefully selecting for high income, low-cost arrivals, it has rather more to do with the way the Office for Budget Responsibility comes up with its figures – plugging in spending plans that don’t account for the greater demands of a larger population. Once this is factored in, the migration dividend dissipates.

This shouldn’t be surprising. Even before the Conservatives reshaped the immigration system to bring in huge numbers of care workers and “students”, study after study showed that non-EU migrants were a significant fiscal drain.

This is as much about the generosity of the British state as it is anything else; the average U.K. citizen receives more in public services than they pay in taxes. But it does mean that in order for migrants to pay their way, they need to earn very high wages or leave after their working years. Unsurprisingly, many don’t.

The problems don’t end there. Adding more people to an economy will almost always make it larger, but that doesn’t mean it makes the people already here better off. Britain has a serious shortage of housing, congested infrastructure, and increasing conflict between communities with radically different visions of what the country should be. Adding in large numbers of people from around the world does very little to improve any of this, and makes much of it actively worse. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/27/the-economic-case-for-mass-migration-has-finally-collapsed/

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/28/the-economic-case-for-mass-migration-has-finally-collapsed/

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 7:14 AM, pellinore said:

I find it comical that people cry out for honesty from politicians and accuse them of lying all the time and then you get some politicians come like the three you mention above that tell it like it actually is and low and behold lefties like you call them 'rabble-rousers'  rather than address the issues raised. Only to be expected though considering that they would rather be led by a bloke that thinks a woman can have a penis. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 3:24 PM, WVK said:

Rather than recruit from ME, ship them in from Mexico, Central South America. As Catholics wouldn’t they be less hostile towards Western culture?

On 2/28/2024 at 8:08 PM, and-then said:

On 2/29/2024 at 8:20 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Unfortunately, thanks to the Conservatives, this has now happened. And the resulting confrontation with reality has demolished a truly beautiful idea. Report after report, dataset after dataset, is hammering home a simple message: mass migration is not making Britain better off. 

When we were part of the Single Market, employers in the UK could get temporary and seasonal labour from Europe. It is our own continent, and we share cultural and historical ties with them. But because Brexiters don't like hearing foreign languages being spoken in public (Farage complained he heard Polish people at bus stops) we stopped that and now encourage permanent immigration from Asia, Africa, and India.

As a consequence, UK immigration has increased from 230,000 Europeans in 2019 to 1.5 million people from all over the world in 2023 (net 750,000 as we also had emigration)! Settling permanently, because "home" to them is thousands of miles away, not 20 miles away over the channel. And we still have 900,000 job vacancies (like all advanced economies we have an aging population and need young people to work and pay taxes to support the economy. If we don't have immigration, we will just have over-65 retirees in the country given another decade or two).

I'm not racist, but I do feel an attachment to my own continent, Europe, and just can't understand the Brexiters preference for immigration from all over the world rather than cooperation with Europe.  I think it all goes back to World War 2 (the over 65s support Brexit and they grew up in families who talked about the war and believe they 'beat the bally Hun once and can do it again', etc).

Edited by pellinore

Posted (edited)

From above :-

"I'm not racist, but I do feel an attachment to my own continent, Europe, and just can't understand the Brexiters preference for immigration from all over the world rather than cooperation with Europe.  I think it all goes back to World War 2 (the over 65s support Brexit and they grew up in families who talked about the war and believe they 'beat the bally Hun once and can do it again', etc). "

No, I don't think so. My theory is that older people grew up in an age when people took personal responsibility & self determination seriously, plus conservatives & right leaning people have always championed smaller government & minimal state intervention in their day to day lives whereas younger people & more so leftists have traditionally been in favor of big government & a reliance on government to 'come to the rescue' when things get a bit difficult. I think this has quite a big bearing on why people voted the way they did.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

17 hours ago, pellinore said:

I'm not racist, but I do feel an attachment to my own continent, Europe, and just can't understand the Brexiters preference for immigration from all over the world rather than cooperation with Europe.  I think it all goes back to World War 2 (the over 65s support Brexit and they grew up in families who talked about the war and believe they 'beat the bally Hun once and can do it again', etc).

My position is that immigration should never exceed 30,000 per annum unless there is a major refugee crises on our borders. Colour and race are not important (so long as they integrate properly), but being intellectually gifted or rich is.

I do not identify with Europe or being European, I`m British. In case you missed several centuries of history we have our own civilization and unique culture. The Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, Americans, and heck even the Irish are our own kind. Not Europe. Pah, bloody Europe with all the problems it has caused over the centuries.

How many times have we had to see off the Spanish, the French, and the Germans? You know now they are all tied together than when the next great leader comes along he will have a massive support base? 550 million of them, a larger combined GDP that the USA, and a larger combined military too.

The correct way to stop another major European war is not them all joining together. Its to break up its larger countries into smaller nations so when the great leader appears he has a tiny support base, and we can just roll in our military and get rid. As it is Britain will not be able to save the European peoples again, and neither will the USA have the power to depose him.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

No, I don't think so. My theory is that older people grew up in an age when people took personal responsibility & self determination seriously, plus conservatives & right leaning people have always championed smaller government & minimal state intervention in their day to day lives whereas younger people & more so leftists have traditionally been in favor of big government & a reliance on government to 'come to the rescue' when things get a bit difficult. I think this has quite a big bearing on why people voted the way they did.

People have had enough of austerity. Especially older people. They want the triple lock, and they want decent social care and a functioning NHS. All of this takes state intervention, and due to an aging demographic, we need immigrants to provide the workforce. We are short of about 900,000 workers at the moment. This is an old article; but South Korea is the prime example of where a low birth rate and an aging population is causing acute problems. They are trying to encourage immigration to keep their economy afloat: South Korea looks to foreign workers to solve demographic crisis - Nikkei Asia

Edited by pellinore

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, pellinore said:

People have had enough of austerity. Especially older people. They want the triple lock, and they want decent social care and a functioning NHS. All of this takes state intervention, and due to an aging demographic, we need immigrants to provide the workforce. We are short of about 900,000 workers at the moment. This is an old article; but South Korea is the prime example of where a low birth rate and an aging population is causing acute problems. They are trying to encourage immigration to keep their economy afloat: South Korea looks to foreign workers to solve demographic crisis - Nikkei Asia

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/27/the-economic-case-for-mass-migration-has-finally-collapsed/

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/28/the-economic-case-for-mass-migration-has-finally-collapsed/

GGZCkKDXkAABqK0.jpg.26ed557d48c35de2d39113480cdac1a0.jpg.7d994c04c8c0c99a91696f7fc6b8ed8f.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere

On 3/1/2024 at 7:08 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

I find it comical that people cry out for honesty from politicians and accuse them of lying all the time and then you get some politicians come like the three you mention above that tell it like it actually is and low and behold lefties like you call them 'rabble-rousers'  rather than address the issues raised. Only to be expected though considering that they would rather be led by a bloke that thinks a woman can have a penis. 

Business owners are exploitative and greedy psychopaths, politicians are self-interested power mad psychopaths, I didn`t do well at school not because I`m stupid but because I wasn`t privately educated, blah, blah, blah.

There is never any drive in them to setup their own businesses, get into politics, or to do the hard work needed to get decent skills and qualifications. Its just excuses, blame, and taring down others. All to protect ones fragile ego without engaging in any self-reflection. They also fail to understand that nobody is interested in them, the world does not revolve around them.

To summarise they are called socialists and communists. The lazy, the incompetent, the criminal, the self-centred, who are deeply angry at the world for their own failures.

15 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

We must import more Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Africans, Chinese, and a full range of other migrants because our businesses cannot find enough cheap labour. Funnily enough, it seems they don`t like low paid jobs either from employers hoping to keep their wage bills down through immigration lmao.

• Like 1