Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disc-shaped UFO is filmed by Ukrainian military in warzone


pellinore

Recommended Posts

A disc-shaped, completely silent UFO was caught on camera by Ukrainian troops in the war-torn country, in footage shared exclusively with DailyMail.com.

'What the f-[expletive] is this? Why isn't it moving?' the men with Ukraine's 406th Battalion can be heard debating as they witnessed the deadly calm UFO hovering over their warzone.

While the size, altitude, and shape of the object remain a mystery, the drone's own altitude indicates that the apparent object could be a large craft over 30 miles away.

The eerie footage was captured by the 406th Battalion this month via one of the over 300 'heat vision' quadcopter drones used by the Ukrainian Armed Forces (UAF) in their effort to defend the nation from a now two-years long invasion by Russia.

EXCLUSIVE: Disc-shaped UFO is filmed by Ukrainian military in warzone: 'What the **** is this... maybe ram it?' | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A large unknown craft in a war zone not picked up by either sides radar or seen by anyone on the ground..... 😉

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The footage doesn't look legit to me. Were they watching a replay on someone's office?  It appears that it is a video of a disc and then someone took that footage and slapped some "aircraft graphics" on top of it. Something just looks off. 

Anyway, why didn't they engage it? If it's not theirs and they're in a forward area it clearly would be the enemy. So why not fire on it? Why not dispatch aircraft assets to intercept? Why not take additional footage with other types of scopes (FLIR) if available. If it's not Russian, where is the corresponding Russian report of a UFO near the front lines but from their perspective? A lot of questions about this one.

@ChrLzs, you're way better at catching that kind of shenanigans.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pretty cool. I imagine with all the burning and explosions and whatnot rising in plumes up in the air this could be some sort of 'heavy metal'-ish 'clump' floating away before dispersing, somehow weirdly shaped before it dispersed?

or like they say in the article

Quote

A spokesperson for Mavic's manufacturer DJI told DailyMail.com that, while it could not help in explaining what is present in the UFO footage, an equipment error could have played a role. 

'We did notice that there's an error message in the footage that you shared,' the spokesperson wrote. 'It's the red bar in the upper left corner.' 

While the resolution of the red warning message, in this available version of the battalion's UFO video, is too low to provide certainty, the text appears to say 'manual control' ('Ручне керування'), perhaps related to the drone's then-current pilot setting. 

the drone equipment had an issue. But I'd say a 'dirty cloud' is most likely

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Trelane said:

Why not take additional footage with other types of scopes (FLIR) if available.

It is FLIR. It says at the top of the screen "Mode: -20 ~ 150" (degrees C). I think it's a live feed from a drone.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels a bit like an optical illusion of an island in ocean. We get it here all the time with oil tankers and boats floating in the sky. The best way of making it happen is to elevate yourself a few feet, which is what the drone is doing.
I guess the best way to rule it out is if the coordinates of the drone were known and checked to see if they were near open water or not. That would rule that out as a possible scenario.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also wanted to say that I think Ukranians should be put in charge of more UFO research. The whole "Is that a UFO? Ram it!" is the sort of thing Skinwalker or other TV shows need injecting into them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chaldon said:

It is FLIR. It says at the top of the screen "Mode: -20 ~ 150" (degrees C). I think it's a live feed from a drone.

Still looks janky to me. Unless something else comes out to validate or corroborate it, I'm binning this as a hoax.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Still looks janky to me. Unless something else comes out to validate or corroborate it, I'm binning this as a hoax.

wow that is funny. Tells me a lot about what mind frame you operate in. It can't be a natural phenomenon that just looks weird? Your personal Occam's Razor has as default setting 'hoax'?

Isn't it much more likely that there was a fire or explosion in the area and these are the remains of a dark plume? If you think about it? In a warzone?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

wow that is funny. Tells me a lot about what mind frame you operate in. It can't be a natural phenomenon that just looks weird? Your personal Occam's Razor has as default setting 'hoax'?

Isn't it much more likely that there was a fire or explosion in the area and these are the remains of a dark plume? If you think about it? In a warzone?

No, not quite. This specific video looks "off" to me. That's why I'm binning it. 

In the past, other items previously held my attention for a while until people far more knowledgeable were able to explain them.

If I may, how my explosions have you viewed in FLIR? I've seen a few in Iraq & Afghanistan and none, not one, looked like that. Could I be mistaken? Sure, absolutely. I never exclude my own possible error in perspective and judgement.  I also have no problem admitting I'm wrong , if I am in fact proven wrong.

In this specific case, the questionable footage, backstory and absolute lack of anything beyond this footage is what shapes my opinion.

What is funny is people not reading other's comments fully before clicking away furiously in response. Missus, you may want to take some time to read people's posts in previous threads to get a better shared understanding about their perspectives and not break out the broadest brush you can find  for your comments.

 

 

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didn't say it is an explosion. Why would it look like an explosion?

I said remaining air pollution, to be precise, from a previous fire or explosion. A clump of dirty ashes piled up by air currents or something, or still hanging around from a lack of wind probably more likely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Still looks janky to me. Unless something else comes out to validate or corroborate it, I'm binning this as a hoax.

I agree. Still it cannot be a Fata Morgana if it's FLIR. But then it's suspicious that someone behind the camera asks about if it's visible with a thermal camera and then stops abruptly (I'm not familiar with the military slang, but I guess "теплак" really means thermal camera).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrsGently said:

wow that is funny. Tells me a lot about what mind frame you operate in. It can't be a natural phenomenon that just looks weird? Your personal Occam's Razor has as default setting 'hoax'??

Lie, hoax.. or something mundane that was missidentified or still unidentified is a good place to start when it comes to investigating the paranormal. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Essan said:

A large unknown craft in a war zone not picked up by either sides radar or seen by anyone on the ground..... 😉

So what? It was picked-up on thermal. Not all military craft reflect enough of a radar signature to be auto-detected.

Dang. That's been known for years!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chaldon said:

It is FLIR. It says at the top of the screen "Mode: -20 ~ 150" (degrees C). I think it's a live feed from a drone.

You are correct. It is thermal imaging from a Ukrainian battlefield drone of the anomaly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Lie, hoax.. or something mundane...

A permanent response from a permanent skeptic. 😂

If it came straight from the Pentagon or the White House or Putin or the Pope you would say the same thing. Every...single...time.

"No, I just want evidence" Really? I seriously doubt it. Explorer's don't blind themselves before traveling.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

A permanent response from a permanent skeptic. 😂

If it came straight from the Pentagon or the White House or Putin or the Pope you would say the same thing. Every...single...time.

"No, I just want evidence" Really? I seriously doubt it. Explorer's don't blind themselves before traveling.

If you are going to quote me then do it right!

You forgot the ...is a good place to start when it comes to investigating the paranormal. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

If you are going to quote me then do it right!

You forgot the ...is a good place to start when it comes to investigating the paranormal. 

maybe your problem is that you have classified it as 'paranormal'? What do you think what it is? A ghost mosh pit? lol jk

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Trelane said:

.....or just simply a hoax.

sure because soldiers in a war fighting for the survival of their country have nothing more important to do than trolling you on the internet. Is that your line of thought?

get a grip people it is most likely a cloud.

'no I have to be right this is the centre of my existence, discrediting everything UFO related online is the main source of my self validation!' ... don't bother to answer. lol

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

If you are going to quote me then do it right!

You forgot the ...is a good place to start when it comes to investigating the paranormal. 

But you NEVER budge from a presented notion that all so-called paranormal phenom is "misinterpreted"

Not maybe. Not some. But ALL.

Here's my proof: I have not once read you conclude or concede or even remotely suggest that an anomaly being discussed is currently of unknown causation, even when government officials label it as such.

You always say that it's a lie, hoax, mundane or misinterpreted, and hide behind saying that it's how it should be approached.

Well, Duh! Of course cautionary approach is in order! The government has already done that (vetting) for you and conclude "currently unknown"--- not this case but the many the Pentagon has labeled "inconclusive" which we've all seen discussed here (Tic Tac, etc)

And yet the permanent skeptics STILL scream that it's a lie, hoax, mundane, misinterpreted-- refusing to their dying breath to rather say one simple word... unknown or inconclusive.

Enough about that.

For this vid I think the origin is authentic but having nothing to do with the paranormal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's their hobby for some reason.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

sure because soldiers in a war fighting for the survival of their country have nothing more important to do than trolling you on the internet. Is that your line of thought?

get a grip people it is most likely a cloud.

'no I have to be right this is the centre of my existence, discrediting everything UFO related online is the main source of my self validation!' ... don't bother to answer. lol

Do you know the actual origin of the footage and where it comes from? Do you know with certainty that it came from the front lines?

Have you ever served in a combat zone? Soldiers are prone to lots of joking around in war.

 

You do get really lathered up with my posts, interesting.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

But you NEVER budge from a presented notion that all so-called paranormal phenom is "misinterpreted"

Not maybe. Not some. But ALL.

Here's my proof: I have not once read you conclude or concede or even remotely suggest that an anomaly being discussed is currently of unknown causation, even when government officials label it as such.

You always say that it's a lie, hoax, mundane or misinterpreted, and hide behind saying that it's how it should be approached.

Well, Duh! Of course cautionary approach is in order! The government has already done that (vetting) for you and conclude "currently unknown"--- not this case but the many the Pentagon has labeled "inconclusive" which we've all seen discussed here (Tic Tac, etc)

And yet the permanent skeptics STILL scream that it's a lie, hoax, mundane, misinterpreted-- refusing to their dying breath to rather say one simple word... unknown or inconclusive.

Enough about that.

For this vid I think the origin is authentic but having nothing to do with the paranormal.

Im perfectly happy to change my mind, as soon as Im presented with something convincing...

Or at least something less laughable then we keep getting from... the usual suspects. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.