Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

things I am supposed to 'believe' that really bother me

MrsGently

The Bohr Model of atoms isn't true. And we know that for sure. But we keep teaching it at our schools. Why? As far as I understand (I always sucked at chemistry) it kind of works because it makes 'parcels' out of what is in reality not a 'moving dot' but really the wave as in the energy at that distance from the core summed up in a way that allows us to approximate the distribution. But there are no x electrons spinning around anywhere.

It's kind of like Newton's gravity. It kind of works but we know for sure it ain't right. How many of you knew that?

Another thing is Lamda, the expansion rate variable of the universe. It's a mathmatical trash bin. Einstein wasn't good at maths. Almost all of that part of his work was done by more or less 'ghost writers', but Einstein knew it was a cheap trick and really unhappy about it 'my biggest blunder' he said or sthg like that.

The Big Bang Theory is something where I am not sure, but what I really don't like about it is how deeply 'Christian Thinking' it is to assume that is how it *has to* work. It is the Biblical Creation Myth rewritten in maths with questionable physics. Nobody has ever seen a singularity. They're not like Black Holes we can see the effects they have on their surroundings and some rays like Hawkins said. Singularity is total and utter fiction. Not a trace of it anywhere, ever, not even artificial. The one time freak event where God got bored and rolled the dice put in a scientific dress. That's all it is. Fellow who came up with it was even a priest... imagine that. Because there are other possibilities to explain the expansion, where we have figured out now almost with the cosmic background noise map that it isn't a uniformal thing. meh

Another thing I am not sure if I should talk about it as there's always that one clown who sees it as justification for having prejudices but the out of Africa theory is bullocks too. We know now of at least 9 kind of simultaneous existing pre-modern-human human species. Chinese researchers have kind of established that the Chinese for sure didn't come out of Africa. But let's not talk about it, because we technically know it is an invention by the U.N. to make you my dear sheeple less racist. I'd say that didn't work. So what is the ****ing point to keep on pretending that has anything to do with reality?

Controversial stuff I know.

5 hours ago, MrsGently said:

The Bohr Model of atoms isn't true. And we know that for sure. But we keep teaching it at our schools. Why? As far as I understand (I always sucked at chemistry) it kind of works because it makes 'parcels' out of what is in reality not a 'moving dot' but really the wave as in the energy at that distance from the core summed up in a way that allows us to approximate the distribution. But there are no x electrons spinning around anywhere.

It's kind of like Newton's gravity. It kind of works but we know for sure it ain't right. How many of you knew that?

Another thing is Lamda, the expansion rate variable of the universe. It's a mathmatical trash bin. Einstein wasn't good at maths. Almost all of that part of his work was done by more or less 'ghost writers', but Einstein knew it was a cheap trick and really unhappy about it 'my biggest blunder' he said or sthg like that.

The Big Bang Theory is something where I am not sure, but what I really don't like about it is how deeply 'Christian Thinking' it is to assume that is how it *has to* work. It is the Biblical Creation Myth rewritten in maths with questionable physics. Nobody has ever seen a singularity. They're not like Black Holes we can see the effects they have on their surroundings and some rays like Hawkins said. Singularity is total and utter fiction. Not a trace of it anywhere, ever, not even artificial. The one time freak event where God got bored and rolled the dice put in a scientific dress. That's all it is. Fellow who came up with it was even a priest... imagine that. Because there are other possibilities to explain the expansion, where we have figured out now almost with the cosmic background noise map that it isn't a uniformal thing. meh

Another thing I am not sure if I should talk about it as there's always that one clown who sees it as justification for having prejudices but the out of Africa theory is bullocks too. We know now of at least 9 kind of simultaneous existing pre-modern-human human species. Chinese researchers have kind of established that the Chinese for sure didn't come out of Africa. But let's not talk about it, because we technically know it is an invention by the U.N. to make you my dear sheeple less racist. I'd say that didn't work. So what is the ****ing point to keep on pretending that has anything to do with reality?

Controversial stuff I know.

When it comes to most subjects, there are levels of knowledge.  When you are a toddler and you ask how planes fly, your parents don't sit you down and tell you how to calculate lift coefficients, they give you an answer that isn't wrong, but doesn't tell you the whole story.  Over the course of your life, you will repeatedly hear increasingly complex answers that aren't wrong but aren't the complete story.  Bohr isn't wrong, in fact it works quite well for answering many questions about how atoms work, but he did his work in the 1913, before WW1, and over 100 years ago now.  Similarly Newton covered enough physics to get Humanity to the Moon.  

All descriptions are imperfect.  All descriptions will be superseded in time as fresh information comes to light.  

As for the Bible, that is something that a kid can understand.  Adults need better answers.

• Like 1

@Alchopwn lol very diplomatic.

yes for the first two examples most not college educated people are not aware of that others are. The other two are the real meant of this thread though...

• Thanks 1