Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Survey: 55% of Latino Protestants support Christian nationalism

OverSword

Hispanic Protestants are among the biggest supporters of Christian nationalism despite the belief system's anti-immigrant and anti-diversity stances, according to a new survey.

Why it matters: Around two-thirds of Americans surveyed said they reject or are skeptical about Christian nationalism, but its prominence in the GOP is helping shape its educational, health care and immigration policies.

Zoom in: New data from the nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute's American Values Atlas released Wednesday showed 55% of Hispanic Protestants, most of whom identify as evangelical, hold Christian nationalist beliefs.

• About 66% of white evangelicals hold such views  — the biggest share of any group surveyed.
  • Among Latino Catholics, 72% said they rejected or were skeptical of Christian nationalism.

Link

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So, basically, they are saying they want to have a crusade?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So, what you are saying is, of the 20 Latinos who identify as Protestants presently living in the USA, 11 are Christian Nationalists? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Per the ops article.

"including 2,742 Latinos, living in all 50 states and the District of Columbia who are part of Ipsos.

Much ado about nothing. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Per the ops article.

"including 2,742 Latinos, living in all 50 states and the District of Columbia who are part of Ipsos.

Much ado about nothing. 

I think that means2,742 Latinos identified as protestant in the survey, not 2,742 protestant Latinos in the whole country

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think that means2,742 Latinos identified as protestant in the survey, not 2,742 protestant Latinos in the whole country

i think any smart people know that there are thousands upon thousands of Latinos living in the US who are Christians.  A small city in Indiana (LaGrange) has a small Catholic church which  caters to Latinos by ways of new services and priests for the Spanish speaking people of the congregation. 

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

i think any smart people know that there are thousands upon thousands of Latinos living in the US who are Christians.  A small city in Indiana (LaGrange) has a small Catholic church which  caters to Latinos by ways of new services and priests for the Spanish speaking people of the congregation. 

This is specifying protestants 

• Like 2

Protestants are just pizzed they don’t have their own country like the Catholics do. 
Serves you right for splitting from the True Church then doesn’t it 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

This is specifying protestants 

I could only comment on what I had seen.  My parent were Catholic and I would go to mass with them when I visited.  I'm sure it is similar with all religions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I could only comment on what I had seen.  My parent were Catholic and I would go to mass with them when I visited.  I'm sure it is similar with all religions.

At a guess I would say most Latinos are Catholic

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

It seems as of 2022 approximately 43% of Latinos are Catholic, approximately 21% are protestant (15% evangelical protestant and 6% non-evangelical protestant), 4% other religious affiliation, and approximately 30% have no religious affiliation.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2023/04/13/among-u-s-latinos-catholicism-continues-to-decline-but-is-still-the-largest-faith/#:~:text=Most U.S. Latinos (65%),some other religion (3%).

It seems from quick searches that Catholism in Latinos is dropping and Latinos becoming protestant or no religious affiliation are the two fastest growing groups.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Most... more like 99%. From Mexico down to the southern tip of South America,,, every country is catholic.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1