Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supreme Court rules states can’t remove Trump from presidential election ballot


WVK

Recommended Posts

The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously reversed the Colorado court ruling that barred Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s Republican presidential primary ballot because of a provision in the U.S. Constitution related to people who engage in insurrection.

The Supreme Court’s ruling means that no other state can bar Trump, or any other candidate, from a presidential ballot by invoking the insurrection clause in the Constitution’s 14th Amendment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/04/supreme-court-rules-in-trump-colorado-ballot-case.html

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was accused of many things for merely agreeing with all of the supreme court justices. if you disagree with this decision, i urge you to re-think more than just this decision. re-think everything you are so sure of. maybe you are the unreasonable one. but you don't have to remain that way.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

In a 9-0 decision the SCOTUS rules Trump can stay on the ballot in Colorado. This shouldn't have surprised anyone except the die-hard left.

May this signal an end to the egregious use of lawfare.

 

Edited by Doug1066
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Told you

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DayoOlabisi said:

i was accused of many things for merely agreeing with all of the supreme court justices. if you disagree with this decision, i urge you to re-think more than just this decision. re-think everything you are so sure of. maybe you are the unreasonable one. but you don't have to remain that way.

 

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Told you

We all knew they'd find a way to keep Trump on the ballot.

Doug

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Doug1066 said:

We all knew they'd find a way to keep Trump on the ballot.

Doug

Unanimous Doug.  Unanimous.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

If the Constitution doesn't mean what it says, then it cannot serve as a guide to what is legal and what isn't - one cannot rely on it.

Doug

there it is, folks.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Unanimous Doug.  Unanimous.

I wish I could be confident that this is an honest and proper decision, not just some political hacks abusing their authority.  If I'm wrong, I'd like to know it.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

What I wish I could be confident that this is an honest and proper decision, not just some political hacks abusing their authority.

Doug

three of those political hacks could've dissented completely and still not affected the decision. that really should tell you something, doug. it does tell you something. you're just not listening.

Edited by DayoOlabisi
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biden won by 7 million votes in 2020. I wonder why he's afraid of a rematch? :huh:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Supreme Court also sided with Ted Cruz on campaign financial donations lol..

they're as paid off and biased as every other politican left and right. They will only serve the ruling class.

lol at the people who think this is some sort of win for upholding law/constitution.

 

Welcome to the downfall.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have read the decision before sounding off.

The court has ruled that Congress must make the declaration to keep someone off the ballot.

Congress has to pass enabling legislation to activate a huge number of other provisions in the Constitution, so at least, this ruling is consistent.

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Biden won by 7 million votes in 2020. I wonder why he's afraid of a rematch? :huh:

Listen to what Trump is saying.  Any American who wants to live in a democracy should be very afraid.

Aside from that, we all know it's going to be Biden vs. Trump in November.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's another straw to grasp at:

Senators and House members will be seated first, about two weeks before the inauguration of the President.  During that time, Congress could pass a bill denying Trump the Presidency.  That of course, depends on Dems holding both the House and the Senate.  Dems are almost certain to regain the House, but may lose the Senate.

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Listen to what Trump is saying.  Any American who wants to live in a democracy should be very afraid.

Aside from that, we all know it's going to be Biden vs. Trump in November.

Doug

I didn't feel afraid when Trump was in office. I rather enjoyed $2 gas, $1 eggs and a growing retirement. Doesn't sound like a dictator to me.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Here's another straw to grasp at:

Senators and House members will be seated first, about two weeks before the inauguration of the President.  During that time, Congress could pass a bill denying Trump the Presidency.  That of course, depends on Dems holding both the House and the Senate.  Dems are almost certain to regain the House, but may lose the Senate.

Doug

Your TDS is flaring up bad...

This ruling was obvious to those us who can look at things objectively.  States cannot remove a candidate from the ballot for insurrection if that person has not been charged and convicted of insurrection.  That charge has to come from the feds which they have not done.  Individual states cannot just claim someone is guilty of a federal crime.

The 9-0 ruling is clear this was dumb from the start.  Even the most liberal judges who probably hate Trump can't sign off on that legal nonsense.

Just because you lefties can't stop screaming Jan. 6th does not make it an insurrection, nor does it make Trump guilty of insurrection.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Unanimous Doug.  Unanimous.

Even THAT, won't matter to those who think he's evil incarnate.  It's a mental issue at this point.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They ruled how I thought they would, by punting it off to Congress.  

Which goes back to what some of the Democrats are already talking about doing- refusing to certify him by claiming he is ineligible because of the 14th amendment and then forcing the vote per the amendment or getting it stuck in litigation for another 4 years, assuming he even wins the election.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I didn't feel afraid when Trump was in office. I rather enjoyed $2 gas, $1 eggs and a growing retirement. Doesn't sound like a dictator to me.

Trump was incompetent.  He had lots of malicious ideas, but didn't know how to do them.  That's what protected us.

I fear he has found people who know how to do evil things.  He has already said he would fire most Federal employees and substitute his lackeys - who don't have a clue about how to run the government.

Doug

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Your TDS is flaring up bad...

This ruling was obvious to those us who can look at things objectively.  States cannot remove a candidate from the ballot for insurrection if that person has not been charged and convicted of insurrection.  That charge has to come from the feds which they have not done.  Individual states cannot just claim someone is guilty of a federal crime.

The 9-0 ruling is clear this was dumb from the start.  Even the most liberal judges who probably hate Trump can't sign off on that legal nonsense.

Just because you lefties can't stop screaming Jan. 6th does not make it an insurrection, nor does it make Trump guilty of insurrection.  

Yes, there are 3 justices that are democrat. And it was unanimous decision. They went by the law despite their dislike for Trump.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Trump was incompetent.  He had lots of malicious ideas, but didn't know how to do them.  That's what protected us.

I fear he has found people who know how to do evil things.  He has already said he would fire most Federal employees and substitute his lackeys - who don't have a clue about how to run the government.

Doug

You really need medical attention.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Trump was incompetent.  He had lots of malicious ideas, but didn't know how to do them.  That's what protected us.

I fear he has found people who know how to do evil things.  He has already said he would fire most Federal employees and substitute his lackeys - who don't have a clue about how to run the government.

Doug

Literally, Orange Tyrannosaurus Rex Hitler Pol Pot!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.