Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ocasio-Cortez Confronted by Protesters at a Theater

OverSword

AOC1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Your steering of the conversation was too little too late, and it was only to support your claim that the people harassing AOC were lefties.

They are

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This one is not true, but it is funny.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Sounds like a bunch of protesters stealing from the "Maxine Waters Playbook".

She's objectively a ghoul, but what does that say about her supporters?

Posted (edited)

:whistle:

Edited by OverSword

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

They are

Fine then, for the sake of argument, let's say they are. So why not focus this discussion on the divisions within the Democratic Party on the Gaza issue? Why encourage insults and name calling? This thread has devolved into a free-for all insult-fest, not just against AOC but also what you and others here call 'unhinged' lefties. Fair criticism is one thing, but much of what's now being posted is petty and childish.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

AOC Supports Protesters Making Everyone ‘Uncomfortable’ Except for AOC

Typical. Like all fascist leftists, AOC believes everyone but her should be forced to live under her policies, agenda, and ideas. Can you blame her when her policies, agenda, and ideas lead only to misery, poverty, and early death?

In December 2020, at the height of the George Floyd Riots that ravaged countless Democrat-run downtowns and working-class cities, AOC jumped on Twitter to proclaim from her velvet bubble:

“The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable,” she tweeted in defense of Black Lives Matter protesters confronting politicians. “Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.”

She then closed with this beauty: “To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable… that’s the point.”

The key to returning any kind of sanity to the Democrat Party is to force Democrats to live in the world they want for the rest of us. Once they live with the ravaged consequences of their own policies, maybe then we can have school choice, a robust police force, and all the meat we can eat.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/05/nolte-aoc-supports-protesters-making-everyone-uncomfortable-except-for-aoc/

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Fine then, for the sake of argument, let's say they are. So why not focus this discussion on the divisions within the Democratic Party on the Gaza issue? Why encourage insults and name calling? This thread has devolved into a free-for all insult-fest, not just against AOC but also what you and others here call 'unhinged' lefties. Fair criticism is one thing, but much of what's now being posted is petty and childish.

Go back and read the first couple of pages where it is mainly me and one other poster.  I think you will find I was not the one name calling.  Someone questioned how I could possibly believe AOC's harassment came from leftists and through a series of posts I explained my reasoning.   It's very safe to say it wasn't a bunch of right wing lunatics complaining that AOC's stance against Israel and for Gaza is not hard enough, don't you think?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hawken said:

AOC1.jpg

Fo8Iim8aEAEVw9P.jpg:large

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Go back and read the first couple of pages where it is mainly me and one other poster.  I think you will find I was not the one name calling.  Someone questioned how I could possibly believe AOC's harassment came from leftists and through a series of posts I explained my reasoning.   It's very safe to say it wasn't a bunch of right wing lunatics complaining that AOC's stance against Israel and for Gaza is not hard enough, don't you think?

I've read that section and will admit I enjoyed watching you get better than you gave. :lol: Your reasoning by the way was also along the lines of the lefties being the ones who are 'unhinged'. It's just sad that it always comes down to insults, not just against the lefties but also against others within the political spectrum. Very difficult to have a civil discourse with all that hate obscuring the issue.

Anyway, that was the point I wanted to make. Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I've read that section and will admit I enjoyed watching you get better than you gave. :lol: Your reasoning by the way was also along the lines of the lefties being the ones who are 'unhinged'. It's just sad that it always comes down to insults, not just against the lefties but also against others within the political spectrum. Very difficult to have a civil discourse with all that hate obscuring the issue.

Anyway, that was the point I wanted to make. Carry on. 

You are hallucinating.  At which point did my reasons and explanations of my position of the political spectrum of the people harassing AOC get beat by her wrong assumptions about me and her name calling?  She even went so far as to make me swear and threatened punishment from God essentially :rolleyes:.  I can easily admit that the far right is unhinged as well but where I live there is no far right and I am constantly exposed to the far left so I may have a bias.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You are hallucinating.  At which point did my reasons and explanations of my position of the political spectrum of the people harassing AOC get beat by her wrong assumptions about me and her name calling?  She even went so far as to make me swear and threatened punishment from God essentially :rolleyes:

Oh you poor thing. So when are the two of you getting together?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Oh you poor thing. So when are the two of you getting together?

She ghosted me 😭

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, MrsGently said:

prove it.

The right tends to not support Palestine and demand that Israel be called “genocidal” ….

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The right tends to not support Palestine and demand that Israel be called “genocidal” ….

still: the point was that he has to prove that these people have ever voted in their life or could if they wanted to vote.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MrsGently said:

still: the point was that he has to prove that these people have ever voted in their life or could if they wanted to vote.

No I don't.  It's essentially unprovable so one must resort to assumptions based on generalities.  Generalities being named such because in GENERAL they are true.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No I don't.  It's essentially unprovable so one must resort to assumptions based on generalities.  Generalities being named such because in GENERAL they are true.

No. Since we are at war it is to me much more likely these are 'bad actors' and their only goal is to destabilize society. They might be Americans, or not. They might be criminals, or not. They might be paid foreign agents, or not.

The only valid General Assumption in this thread is that you spread propaganda.

Also: it is totally provable you just need the identity of these people.

You know to ridicule like your haha emoji on my post is a sign of desperation, right?

Edited by MrsGently
haha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Speaking as a completely independent and neutral Brit; and having read the whole thread in one sitting; and not being paid or sponsored by any party involved in this discussion (although I remain cheerfully optimistic and open to bribery); and not being an historically conspicuous supporter of any protagonist; and having not the slightest interest in the subject under discussion, just the manner in which said discussion is being conducted; I hereby declare the results of the first 50ish entries in this debate:

@OverSword is winning about 25-nil.

@MrsGently started reasonably, but quickly degenerated into illogical nonsense and ad hominem attacks.  Further contributions built on those initial fallacies, rendering all later contributions virtually meritless.

@Gromdor correctly pointed out that taking sides in the Israel-Hamas conflict is not a purely 100% left-right issue.  True; but - on balance?  Statistically these people attacking AOC are more likely to be left-wing Democrat voters who all-but-certainly voted for her.  And why is that even a contentious notion?  I'm happy to mock and scorn our politicians here of all persuasions, but come election day I'll have to vote for one of the useless ****s.

So: nothing further to see here.  Thread's over, @OverSword won. XxX

Edited by Saru
Edited for profanity
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Speaking as a completely independent and neutral Brit; and having read the whole thread in one sitting; and not being paid or sponsored by any party involved in this discussion (although I remain cheerfully optimistic and open to bribery); and not being an historically conspicuous supporter of any protagonist; and having not the slightest interest in the subject under discussion, just the manner in which said discussion is being conducted; I hereby declare the results of the first 50ish entries in this debate:

@OverSword is winning about 25-nil.

@MrsGently started reasonably, but quickly degenerated into illogical nonsense and ad hominem attacks.  Further contributions built on those initial fallacies, rendering all later contributions virtually meritless.

@Gromdor correctly pointed out that taking sides in the Israel-Hamas conflict is not a purely 100% left-right issue.  True; but - on balance?  Statistically these people attacking AOC are more likely to be left-wing Democrat voters who all-but-certainly voted for her.  And why is that even a contentious notion?  I'm happy to mock and scorn our politicians here, but cone election day I'll have to vote for one of the useless ****s.

So: nothing further to see here.  Thread's over, @OverSword won. XxX

If only anybody would care what your opinion is. You don't get to declare winners if you obviously don't even know what game is being played here.

I am the Queen of the Milky Way and as Royalty from Space I hereby declare that you have no referee status whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

No. Since we are at war it is to me much more likely these are 'bad actors' and their only goal is to destabilize society. They might be Americans, or not. They might be criminals, or not. They might be paid foreign agents, or not.

The only valid General Assumption in this thread is that you spread propaganda.

Also: it is totally provable you just need the identity of these people.

You think people telling a politician that they don't like the job she's doing is an effort to destabilize society?  :rolleyes:   You're stubborn but you're wrong in this case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You think people telling a politician that they don't like the job she's doing is an effort to destabilize society?

Your question wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to answer it regardless.

AOC is a major critic of Israel. Less than a month after the October 7th massacre, she voted against a Congressional resolution affirming that the US stands with Israel and supports its right to defend itself from Hamas. She also accused AIPAC (a large pro-Jewish lobbying group) of being extremist and racist, She is in no way pro-Israel.

So not satisfied with all that, pro-Palestinians are demanding she take her anti-Israeli stance one step further. During the confrontation with protesters, she seemingly admits to having called the conflict 'genocide' but it's not clear when and if she has indeed actually said as much.

What these protesters want is not a destabilization of society; they want yet another reason to further demonize Israelis.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Grammatical correction.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Your question wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to answer it regardless.

AOC is a major critic of Israel. Less than a month after the October 7th massacre, she voted against a Congressional resolution affirming that the US stands with Israel and supports its right to defend itself from Hamas. She also accused AIPAC (a large pro-Jewish lobbying group) of being extremist and racist, She is in no way pro-Israel.

So not satisfied with all that, pro-Palestinians are demanding she take her anti-Israeli stance one step further. During the confrontation with protesters, she seemingly admits to having called the conflict 'genocide' but it's not clear when and if she has indeed actually say as much.

What these protesters want is not a destabilization of society, but yet another reason to further demonize Israelis.

No other reason is needed to demonize the IDF. Israeli's in general don't deserve to demonized any more than the Palestinians in general do. What the IDF is doing at the moment is not "defending itself" and the more people who come out against it the better off humanity is as a whole. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

If only anybody would care what your opinion is. You don't get to declare winners when you obviously don't even know what game is being played here.

I am the Queen of the Milky Way and as Royalty from Space I hereby declare that you have no referee status whatsoever.

26-0.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

No other reason is needed to demonize the IDF. Israeli's in general don't deserve to demonized any more than the Palestinians in general do. What the IDF is doing at the moment is not "defending itself" and the more people who come out against it the better off humanity is as a whole. 

Of course the IDF is not protecting 'itself'. It's protecting Israel.

There are, by the way, several topic threads for such a debate. This isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1