Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ocasio-Cortez Confronted by Protesters at a Theater

OverSword

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Deep State, formerly known as Shadow Government predates the trump administration by multiple decades, first mentioned I believe by Eisenhauer in his speech warning about the military industrial complex and unelected officials wielding immense power that can't  easily be removed from their positions.

Professional civil servants are not elected.  Government employees, once secure in their positions are difficult to dislodge, barring misbehavior.

The critical issue is whether there exists a secret cabal of government employees dedicated to control.  I don't believe there is such a thing.  There are many people who think in similar ways and cooperate with each other, mostly to the benefit of us all, but a secret group bent on control is a mth.

Doug

29 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Professional civil servants are not elected.  Government employees, once secure in their positions are difficult to dislodge, barring misbehavior.

The critical issue is whether there exists a secret cabal of government employees dedicated to control.  I don't believe there is such a thing.  There are many people who think in similar ways and cooperate with each other, mostly to the benefit of us all, but a secret group bent on control is a mth.

Doug

Doug I don't think you or those in similar positions qualify as deep state or shadow government. 

LOL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

To quote “Yes, Minister” the opposition to the government is the other party, they’re the government in exile. The opposition to the government is the civil service. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

To quote “Yes, Minister” the opposition to the government is the other party, they’re the government in exile. The opposition to the government is the civil service. 

Are think the elected swill know better than the public service? 

Edited by Golden Duck

17 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

I totally agree.  It is the Government Employees, secure in their positions, who know the ins and outs of how to actually do the 'job' of making government work.  That they are not elected is precisely why government works as well as it does.  It is also the reason why government is so difficult to change.  And that's all a good thing.

There is a Secret Group who are bent on control.  But they are not within the Government Employees membership.  And what they seek is to control the Economy of Governments and Populations. 

21 hours ago, OverSword said:

Doug I don't think you or those in similar positions qualify as deep state or shadow government. 

Thanks, but I was just a peon.  The term seems to be applied to upper management.

Doug

23 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Thanks, but I was just a peon.  The term seems to be applied to upper management.

Doug

No. Think of the smoking man in the X-files. In the show he was the one that shot Kennedy and plotted with other people from around the globe to control the world. That is a fictional exaggeration of what is meant by deep state or shadow government. People and organizations that are effectively rogue operators who don’t answer to the people through any normal channels of governance. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OverSword said:

No. Think of the smoking man in the X-files. In the show he was the one that shot Kennedy and plotted with other people from around the globe to control the world. That is a fictional exaggeration of what is meant by deep state or shadow government. People and organizations that are effectively rogue operators who don’t answer to the people through any normal channels of governance. 

I doubt such people are having much effect.  Powerful people in powerful places nearly always get the laws changed so they don't have to worry about getting caught.

Doug

1 hour ago, WVK said:

NYC neighborhood in AOC’s district blasted as ‘third world’ conditions with illegal vendors, prostitution on streets

https://nypost.com/2024/03/17/us-news/nyc-neighborhood-in-aocs-district-blasted-as-third-world-overcrowded-with-prostitution-and-migrants/

To be fair AOC is a federal politician and not directly responsible for the conditions of her district.

• Like 1

LOL.

• Like 2

This is probably what she should be wearing in daily life.

• Like 1