Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a ghost?


MissGem

Recommended Posts

I was taking a picture of what looked like a polar bear in the sun rays when i pulled into my driveway but what appeared in the picture was anything but that...Is it just my imagination or was there something else there?

IMG_1801.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I can't tell what you mean? I see a sunray 'smear' a street sign but no ghost?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing I believe ghosts can't be filmed, no.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you often get polar bears in your driveway? You sound as if it's a regular thing!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, openozy said:

Seeing I believe ghosts can't be filmed, no.

People have been faking ghost pictures since the very invention of photography in the mid 19th century. “Ghost photography” has been plagued by fraud since the very beginning. 
 

Even if it were a real phenomenon, in today’s world with everyone having access to digital technology literally in their back pockets and methods of fraud easier than ever, the evidential value of any potential authentic photos is zero.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's near your driveway?  Then why not shoot another picture of the same scene from the same location when the sun is a little higher and post that..?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might have caught something paranormal there. How sure are you that you saw something weird with your naked eyes?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t tell what this photo is showing but I don’t see a ghost or a street sign.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You might have caught something paranormal there. How sure are you that you saw something weird with your naked eyes?

What makes you think there’s something paranormal captured here?  What do you see in the photo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What makes you think there’s something paranormal captured here?  What do you see in the photo?

A possible humanoid shaped figure in a pinkish gown with a distorted face. I don't expect ghosts to be clear. And the surreal look of things and I wonder if the blurriness is natural. And the fact that she saw something unusual with her naked eyes.

I give pareidolia a solid chance too.

Edited by papageorge1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A possible humanoid shaped figure in a pinkish gown with a distorted face. I don't expect ghosts to be clear. And the surreal look of things and I wonder if the blurriness is natural. And the fact that she saw something unusual with her naked eyes.

I give pareidolia a solid chance too.

I’m seeing what looks like refracted light from the setting sun.  It literally looks like sun rays to me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I’m seeing what looks like refracted light from the setting sun.  It literally looks like sun rays to me.

I'm not ruling that out but it is suspicious enough especially in conjunction with a naked eye sighting. Hope OP tells us more but it's been over a week.

Edited by papageorge1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm not ruling that out but it is suspicious enough especially in conjunction with a naked eye sighting. Hope OP tells us more.

She said she saw what looked like a polar bear at first.  I’m thinking this is a natural trick of light.  One thing that could be done is to check the time stamp on the original photo, then go back out to the driveway at the same time of day, and observe.  If the same type of thing happens again at the same exact time, it’s prolly just the setting sun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

She said she saw what looked like a polar bear at first.  I’m thinking this is a natural trick of light.  One thing that could be done is to check the time stamp on the original photo, then go back out to the driveway at the same time of day, and observe.  If the same type of thing happens again at the same exact time, it’s prolly just the setting sun.

Possible, but in my whole life I never saw something I would call a polar bear from sunlight that would motivate me enough to take a picture. A little squinting and such would have settled the case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like the photo was taken through glass and this is an internal reflection.

 

IMG_1801.jpeg.e87740962d367b24e14ba9f16fd3b864.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Possible, but in my whole life I never saw something I would call a polar bear from sunlight that would motivate me enough to take a picture. A little squinting and such would have settled the case.

Couldda been the neighbors oversized Alaskan Malamute?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 5:55 AM, MissGem said:

I was taking a picture of what looked like a polar bear in the sun rays when i pulled into my driveway but what appeared in the picture was anything but that...Is it just my imagination or was there something else there?

IMG_1801.jpeg

There's nothing there:

IMG_1801.thumb.jpeg.2f7566b06faf7bab5833c864c74bbe27.jpg.8a0440123513a503764af68488600587.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2024 at 1:35 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

It looks like the photo was taken through glass and this is an internal reflection.

 

IMG_1801.jpeg.e87740962d367b24e14ba9f16fd3b864.jpg

I think for now you nailed it,

Even some believers in ghosts do not believe they can be photographed, which since they don't exist of course they can't if they existed and could be photographed then with millions of cameras taking billions of pictures we would have whole galleries devoted to it and we don't because such pictures do not exist except in the minds of true believers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you been drinking again

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Have you been drinking again

Looks like they have spilled beer all over those photos..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2024 at 5:32 AM, MissJatti said:

Have you been drinking again

 

Me? I don't drink... Alcohol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.