Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stem cell breakthrough brings de-extinction one step closer


UM-Bot

Recommended Posts

  • The title was changed to Stem cell breakthrough brings de-extinction one step closer
 

Sounds delicious.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh dear. 

No.

Just no, thank you.

Why not? We helped them go extinct we can correct that mistake. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then watch it die minutes after birth from complications as was the case for the ibex back in the early 2000s.

Waste of money and effort that can be used to already endangered animals needing our help.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MysteryMike said:

Then watch it die minutes after birth from complications as was the case for the ibex back in the early 2000s.

Waste of money and effort that can be used to already endangered animals needing our help.

Considering it could be eventually used to save the endangered animals you are referring to, it's not a waste of time or money in the least.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Why not? We helped them go extinct we can correct that mistake. 

We made mammoths extinct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, moonman said:

Considering it could be eventually used to save the endangered animals you are referring to, it's not a waste of time or money in the least.

It is because they're gonna successfully bring one back only for it to die from birth defects minutes later making all that money totally wasted.

What happened with that ibex back in the 2000s.

Edited by MysteryMike
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Considering it could be eventually used to save the endangered animals you are referring to, it's not a waste of time or money in the least.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with this at all. May need to refine it as issues come-up but that's expected.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MysteryMike said:

It is because they're gonna successfully bring one back only for it to die from birth defects minutes later making all that money totally wasted.

What happened with that ibex back in the 2000s.

Just what are you babbling about?

Advances are like that. Oh wait, the first human organ transplants resulted in agonizing complications and death, so it was a waste to even develop them, right?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

We made mammoths extinct? 

Well, there is an on-going debate as to whether we ate them to death. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

Just what are you babbling about?

Advances are like that. Oh wait, the first human organ transplants resulted in agonizing complications and death, so it was a waste to even develop them, right?

 

 

Like it'll matter anyways. They won't even be actual mammoths but just modified hairy elephants.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

A mammoth would be cool, but I’d much rather have a T-Rex.  🤔

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could have sworn I saw a movie about this... it didn't end well.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, simplybill said:

A mammoth would be cool, but I’d much rather have a T-Rex.  🤔

Yes! I know it's virtually impossible (yet) to revive a T-Rex, but yeah... I would pay to see it!

------------------

And listen, MysteryMeat, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again?

 

 

Edited by pallidin
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

It is because they're gonna successfully bring one back only for it to die from birth defects minutes later making all that money totally wasted.

What happened with that ibex back in the 2000s.

Yep, let's give up on advancing anything since it failed a long time ago. Cool story bro.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pallidin said:

And listen, MysteryMeat, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again?

No I did not, also its MysteryMike.

Fact remains, it won't be mammoths they'll bring back assuming they don't keep dying from birth defects but as said modified hairy elephants. True mammoths are gone forever.

Edited by MysteryMike
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

No I did not, also its MysteryMike.

Fact remains, it won't be mammoths they'll bring back assuming they don't keep dying from birth defects but as said modified hairy elephants. True mammoths are gone forever.

That degree you have in genetic engineering is really paying off, huh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the other thing too.

Poachers would just make them extinct again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

Here's the other thing too.

Poachers would just make them extinct again.

That's what I was thinking. Some rich dude will want a head mount for his ginormous fireplace.

 

15.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2024 at 8:16 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

We made mammoths extinct? 

No, it were the Neanderthals.... I think.

Well, let's resurrect a Neanderthal too, put them both in a big cage, and see what happens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 10:28 AM, MysteryMike said:

Here's the other thing too.

Poachers would just make them extinct again.

On 3/9/2024 at 2:48 AM, Hankenhunter said:

That's what I was thinking. Some rich dude will want a head mount for his ginormous fireplace.

 

The big thing in that mammouth resurrection, is them being patented bioengineered animals. They will fall outside poaching rules, ivory trade ban, hunting ban, etc. They will be able to do whatever they like with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.