Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon releases new report denying UFO and alien cover-up claims

In general, instead of denying, they could at least agree that the aforementioned 'proliferation' is caused by the elitism crisis and the natural public distrust caused by it. Nowadays the society and the elites, which include governments, transnational capitalists and, to a degree, the scientific community, are so gravely divided when it comes to life priorities and the outlook on future like if they are living on different planets.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

In general, instead of denying, they could at least agree that the aforementioned 'proliferation' is caused by the elitism crisis and the natural public distrust caused by it. Nowadays the society and the elites, which include governments, transnational capitalists and, to a degree, the scientific community, are so gravely divided when it comes to life priorities and the outlook on future like if they are living on different planets.

DoD officials are not going to make socio-political statements to explain or dismiss the UFO/UAP matter. Contrary to popular belief, we have far more real and pressing matters to attend to.

• Like 5

Deniers gonna deny!

• Like 1

No matter what the gov (US gov) says the believers will not accept it unless it is what they want to hear. 

That is a faith as strong as religious extremists. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

Deniers gonna deny!

And idiots will be waiting for disclosure until they push up daisies 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, esoteric_toad said:

No matter what the gov (US gov) says the believers will not accept it unless it is what they want to hear. 

Yep. There are to many examples to count where the believers love to throw in the military as a credible source...

...and in the next post claim its a cover-up and that they cant be trusted.

#thecherrypickingisreal

• Like 6

Just now, Hazzard said:

Yep. There are to many examples to count where the believers love to throw in the military as a credible source...

...and in the next post claim its a cover-up and that they cant be trusted.

#thecherrypickingisreal

I honestly don’t know how to explain it myself in any other terms. It’s akin to religious belief 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Antigonos said:

And idiots will be waiting for disclosure until they push up daisies 

And credules will continually be gulled.

It's what they do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Trelane said:

DoD officials are not going to make socio-political statements to explain or dismiss the UFO/UAP matter. Contrary to popular belief, we have far more real and pressing matters to attend to.

Who’s we? The pentagon has lost a lot of credibility over not making this statement earlier instead of trying to ride the wave of damage control. Wars, procurement contracts and general public relations aren’t exactly what the pentagon does right or honestly 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess UM might as well toss this tab in the garbage, eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phantom309 said:

Love it - AARO and our dear gov't are so full of classic obfuscation BS it's gotta be coming out of their ears:

https://www.liberationtimes.com/home/end-game-the-pentagon-establishes-path-to-disaster-following-release-of-ufo-report

Gee, it's almost as if they aren't trustworthy. Yet the skeptics here trust them implicitly. Hmmm. Investigating themselves, and found nothing. Hmmmm, again. Who else investigates themselves, and isn't deemed trustworthy? Oh yeah, Cops. Do the skeptics trust cops implicitly? No? Hmmmm, once again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/9/2024 at 12:32 PM, esoteric_toad said:

toady, talk about a pile of ... ahhhh, biscuits, cow biscuits. 

• Like 2

When one tells a lie, they have to be constantly double checking what the say ever after that for contradictions. 

From today's link:
The report goes on to say that the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) was granted full access to and has reviewed all official files concerning the topic dating back as far as 1945.

Can you recall about 3 years ago, US Congress gave all intel offices until June of that year to declassify all UFO files and pass them on to the designated central office?

After the files were all collected, they said that all incidents occurred after 2003.

and there is no  getting around it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

When one tells a lie, they have to be constantly double checking what the say ever after that for contradictions. 

From today's link:
The report goes on to say that the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) was granted full access to and has reviewed all official files concerning the topic dating back as far as 1945.

Uh huh, sure, sure. 

It was a weather balloon, in the middle of some swamp gas, lit up by the planet Venus. 

Nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heard this suggested on a Podcast: "UFologists now have to refer the themselves as UApologists.

Just so.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Phantom309 said:

Uh huh, sure, sure. 

It was a weather balloon, in the middle of some swamp gas, lit up by the planet Venus. 

Nothing to see here.

You seem to have missed where i quoted you previously. So @Phantom309 I'll ask again.

How exactly is the government obfuscating as you put it? How specifically are they doing this? What proof do you have of this?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Resume said:

Just heard this suggested on a Podcast: "UFologists now have to refer the themselves as UApologists.

Just so.

more unnecessary snark. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

You seem to have missed where i quoted you previously. So @Phantom309 I'll ask again.

How exactly is the government obfuscating as you put it? How specifically are they doing this? What proof do you have of this?

Gee, it's almost as if they aren't trustworthy. Yet the skeptics here trust them implicitly. Hmmm. Investigating themselves, and found nothing. Hmmmm, again. Who else investigates themselves, and isn't deemed trustworthy? Oh yeah, Cops. Do the skeptics trust cops implicitly? No? Hmmmm, once again. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Gee, it's almost as if they aren't trustworthy. Yet the skeptics here trust them implicitly. Hmmm. Investigating themselves, and found nothing. Hmmmm, again. Who else investigates themselves, and isn't deemed trustworthy? Oh yeah, Cops. Do the skeptics trust cops implicitly? No? Hmmmm, once again. 

Since @Phantom309has ghosted from this thread I'll ask you since you've taken the baton for him

How exactly is the government obfuscating or hiding anything? How specifically are they doing this? What proof do you have of this? I'll wait.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 9:56 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Gee, it's almost as if they aren't trustworthy. Yet the skeptics here trust them implicitly. Hmmm. Investigating themselves, and found nothing. Hmmmm, again. Who else investigates themselves, and isn't deemed trustworthy? Oh yeah, Cops. Do the skeptics trust cops implicitly? No? Hmmmm, once again. 

I don’t trust anyone implicitly. It’s a matter of common sense and critical thinking.

With the millions of amateur astronomers and skywatchers all over the world, why would anyone even think that we would need to depend on government or governments to disclose anything? This isn’t the 1950s anymore. Are other multiple governments involved in this cover up to hide knowledge of alien craft from their citizens as well? How exactly would that work? Countries can’t come together on earthbound matters, but somehow this is the issue that unites them?

What is the logic here? Is it just the US government that has this secret information? Why not other governments? Do aliens have a special US air space only non disclosure  agreement with our leaders? Have they not decided to reveal themselves to other nations? After traveling untold distances through the vast gulfs of cosmic space, why would they not reveal themselves openly to the creatures of a world they have discovered teeming with life? Especially intelligent life, a possible kindred race itself looking for answers as to the question of other life in the universe. Why come all this way just to hide? Why expect them to hide from one country but not another? Why expect them at all to respect or even acknowledge the artificial borders humans have carved the planet up into? Borders that would be completely meaningless to them and their own agenda?

How is it they can successfully fly through and negotiate all the dangers of space travel (avoiding asteroids, meteors, comets, rogue planets, nebulae) yet get all clumsy and crashy as soon as they get here? How would other governments hide their knowledge of this reality from all their peoples too? Even if they were successful, how would they hide evidence from people accessing satellite information from either here or those belonging to other countries? 

Why is it after all this time the only unambiguous evidence the public has seen has been from frauds put out by grifters looking to make money?

I think you’ll find that most “skeptics” here are open to, indeed fascinated by, the possibilities for the existence of extraterrestrial life. This isn’t an “us vs them, skeptic vs believer” thing, at least it isn’t for me.  I myself am absolutely convinced that it extraterrestrial life exists. I’ve been studying the possibility and the history of the scientific search for it since I was a teenager. I love reading about the development of radio astronomy, I collect old SETI literature written by its founders from the late 1960s to early 1970s, two of my favorite books on the topic are We Are Not Alone: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life on Other Worlds by Walter Sullivan and Intelligent Life in the Universe by Carl Sagan and Iosef Shklovskii. The latter book is recommended reading for anyone interested in this topic. 

I know you and UT are capable of critical  thinking, Hank. I’ve read and liked many of both your posts in other threads. They come off intelligent and well thought out. Do you get where I’m coming from here, do you understand this point of view?

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2024 at 8:42 AM, Antigonos said:

I don’t trust anyone implicitly. It’s a matter of common sense and critical thinking.

With the millions of amateur astronomers and skywatchers all over the world, why would anyone even think that we would need to depend on government or governments to disclose anything? This isn’t the 1950s anymore. Are other multiple governments involved in this cover up to hide knowledge of alien craft from their citizens as well? How exactly would that work? Countries can’t come together on earthbound matters, but somehow this is the issue that unites them?

What is the logic here? Is it just the US government that has this secret information? Why not other governments? Do aliens have a special US air space only non disclosure  agreement with our leaders? Have they not decided to reveal themselves to other nations? After traveling untold distances through the vast gulfs of cosmic space, why would they not reveal themselves openly to the creatures of a world they have discovered teeming with life? Especially intelligent life, a possible kindred race itself looking for answers as to the question of other life in the universe. Why come all this way just to hide? Why expect them to hide from one country but not another? Why expect them at all to respect or even acknowledge the artificial borders humans have carved the planet up into? Borders that would be completely meaningless to them and their own agenda?

How is it they can successfully fly through and negotiate all the dangers of space travel (avoiding asteroids, meteors, comets, rogue planets, nebulae) yet get all clumsy and crashy as soon as they get here? How would other governments hide their knowledge of this reality from all their peoples too? Even if they were successful, how would they hide evidence from people accessing satellite information from either here or those belonging to other countries? 

Why is it after all this time the only unambiguous evidence the public has seen has been from frauds put out by grifters looking to make money?

I think you’ll find that most “skeptics” here are open to, indeed fascinated by, the possibilities for the existence of extraterrestrial life. This isn’t an “us vs them, skeptic vs believer” thing, at least it isn’t for me.  I myself am absolutely convinced that it extraterrestrial life exists. I’ve been studying the possibility and the history of the scientific search for it since I was a teenager. I love reading about the development of radio astronomy, I collect old SETI literature written by its founders from the late 1960s to early 1970s, two of my favorite books on the topic are We Are Not Alone: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life on Other Worlds by Walter Sullivan and Intelligent Life in the Universe by Carl Sagan and Iosef Shklovskii. The latter book is recommended reading for anyone interested in this topic. 

I know you and UT are capable of critical  thinking, Hank. I’ve read and liked many of both your posts in other threads. They come off intelligent and well thought out. Do you get where I’m coming from here, do you understand this point of view?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

To answer your questions honestly, I don't know. I do know that when I suggested possibilities, I was met with derision. I have a whole bunch of possibilities floating around in my noggin, but that's all they are, possible explanations. That not what you want. You want direct proof which I can't supply. But to me, the preponderance of anecdotal evidence over the years, decades, and centuries suggests there's something to it. That, and the US govt's actions suggest they know a lot more than they're letting on.

I thought Sky's thread would be a good place to exchange ideas without harrasment, but I was wrong. It would be nice to have a place to discuss possibilities without being judged. I fully expect to get raked for this post, (not you) and the cycle will start all over again. It always boils down to neither side can prove the other wrong. There lies the dilemma. The need to be right instead of discussing the possibilities. 

I appreciate your post to me. It was well thought out without rancor. Like you, I'm still looking for answers. I truly hope we find them together.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2024 at 4:35 PM, Phantom309 said:

Uh huh, sure, sure. 

Nothing to see here.

I ve got a better explanation! 

It was the lighthouse!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1