Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government files detail investigation of paranormal activity in Utah

UM-Bot

27 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

And that civility begins by bashing skeptics before anyone has even made a skeptical comment?

This whole mess is probably my fault. Due to the first comment I made. Which was honest. Even the news anchor looked like he was holding back laughter.

Still, liked the music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Grey Area said:

So… Just to be clear, Bad skeptics raise questions on a discussion forum, are hostile because they challenge beliefs.

Yet here we are, not a SINGLE skeptical comment made, and the ‘believers’ are already getting the hostility flying!

Yall need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  If you don’t want to discuss, don’t post in a discussion forum.

No, that's not it.

The hostility.

Have you noticed it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

People want echo chambers instead of thinking. 

Bullseye.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

No, that's not it.

The hostility.

Have you noticed it?

Where at in this thread? The only hostility I've seen so far is against the skeptics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Unadan said:

Check - all the armchair debunkers ride in to throw cold water on essentially every single story that is posted here. Begging the question as to why they are here in the first place.

It's confusing when people suggest sceptics shouldn't participate in discussions about unexplained phenomena, as it implies they only want to hear from those who agree with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 5:47 PM, Unadan said:

Check - all the armchair debunkers ride in to throw cold water on essentially every single story that is posted here. Begging the question as to why they are here in the first place.

It didn't take you long to see which way the wind blows, eh? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Grey Area said:

And that civility begins by bashing skeptics before anyone has even made a skeptical comment?

we're warming up .

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

It's confusing when people suggest sceptics shouldn't participate in discussions about unexplained phenomena, as it implies they only want to hear from those who agree with them.

The real problem is, TashaMarie, skeptics come in here for years and never change. It's "Nyet" - followed by a bunch of debasing verbiage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The real problem is, TashaMarie, skeptics come in here for years and never change. It's "Nyet" - followed by a bunch of debasing verbiage.

What is it that you would like them to do?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 7:47 AM, Unadan said:

Some of us like to help the unknowledgable on topics like basic photography.  Was there something specific you found particularly unexplainable? Here, let me start:

First up, note that the first image:
news-hq-bridgewater.jpg
..isn't real.  Artist's impressions do not count as evidence.  If you need any help to understand how I came to the conclusion that image isn't real, just ask.  😆

Anyway, I then read the article and watched the video (yes, including the lamest ads ever, took one for the team, won't get that time back).  The video contains a few unrelated and long debunked images from the 1950's and 1960's, and he seemed to be not taking it seriously - sounded like he was talking about the Skinwalker Ranch (sigh) and here's a summary of the 'report':

The final report, which is about 70 pages, does go on to say that investigators didn't find anything of note and that they had investigated hundreds of anomolies {sic} across the country.

So.... back to you - can I help with something?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Not quite. When asked to support our view on a haunting, ghost picture, etc. We often supply links as needed. 

I have a thread that goes over possible explanations for ghost. 

Edit:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/339856-possible-reasons-for-ghost/#comments

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If the 'debasing' really happens, report the post.  Don't clutter the thread with non-specifics - quote and be specific.

I know this is an outlandish, ridiculous thought, but go on, give it a chance.  Contribute to the discussion by quoting and debating.  Quote the post/s where a debunker unfairly dismissed something.  Or, alternatively, why not try being ontopic and pointing out the specifics of whatever it was you found compelling about this topic.  I've already offered a few specifics, including that summary - here it is again:

The final report, which is about 70 pages, does go on to say that investigators didn't find anything of note and that they had investigated hundreds of anomolies {sic} across the country.

So, where to now?  You tell us.  What do you think skeptics need to accept?  Give your best example.

And maybe look up the term "hand-waving", before your arms really get tired...?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 9:45 PM, Grey Area said:

And that civility begins by bashing skeptics

Some people need bashing 😈👍🤣.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised the skeptics aren't all happy, seeing their beloved scientists and gov are investigating something open people take for granted and has been here forever. Must really hurt 😂.

13 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

What is it that you would like them to do?

Either contribute in here or get the heck out.

they build nothing, their story never changes. I know skeptics in here, like dejarma, that have never posted a link in here, and has been here 12 years. 
Also, they claim that they now believe that UAP's exist. Yet not one of them ever thought that any one of - Battle of LA 1942, Washington DC 1952, 
Roswell, and Phoenix Lights were actual UFO incidents. Uh huh

Have a nice one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Not quite. When asked to support our view on a haunting, ghost picture, etc. We often supply links as needed. 

I have a thread that goes over possible explanations for ghost. 

Edit:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/339856-possible-reasons-for-ghost/#comments

I was actually talking about UFO forum. I huessing that is not where we are lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

If the 'debasing' really happens, report the post.  Don't clutter the thread with non-specifics - quote and be specific.

I tried. The mods do not like it.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I was actually talking about UFO forum. I huessing that is not where we are lol

Don't worry. I rarely visit that section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I tried. The mods do not like it.

Gosh.   Really?  You mean you told them (just like you told us up above) but lemme guess - you were unable to actually quote something deserving of the term 'debasement'..  Am I right?   How apt - it seems exactly like what you did above.  And if I'm not right, that means the moderators left the allegedly terrible insults there, so ... why don't you point them out?

You obviously didn't look up that word I gave you.  I'll try again.  'Handwaving'.  It's kinda like when you post a vague claim, and then when asked for specifics..?  - nothing whatsoever.  Perhaps I should go over a few of the current threads and pick out a few 'debasing' insults...  Strangely, they mostly aren't from skeptics, they're from angry believers.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Either contribute in here or get the heck out.

they build nothing, their story never changes. I know skeptics in here, like dejarma, that have never posted a link in here, and has been here 12 years. 
Also, they claim that they now believe that UAP's exist. Yet not one of them ever thought that any one of - Battle of LA 1942, Washington DC 1952, 
Roswell, and Phoenix Lights were actual UFO incidents. Uh huh

Have a nice one

What are they supposed to be building? What links should I be providing if I'm stating that I do not see what the Op states is in the picture or I'm asking for clarification?  

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, openozy said:

I'm not surprised the skeptics aren't all happy, seeing their beloved scientists and gov are investigating something open people take for granted and has been here forever. Must really hurt 😂.

'beloved scientists and gov'?  Want to be more specific?  I didn't think so.

The truth is...Truth... actually is.  And Truth, real truth...is provably so.  Zero scientists are investigating paranormal activities in Utah or anywhere else.  That is the truth.  That's not what scientists do.  That's what Paranormal Believers do...who lie by calling themselves 'scientists'. 

Scientists...real scientists are not interested in proving truth...they are interested in 'discovering' truth by providing methods of observation that show a definitive result. 

Just to be clear...I am NOT a skeptic.  Skepticism implies a limited amount of belief that an unknown thing might be true.  I have zero belief.  It's either true or it is not...and if it is true...it is provable through scientific means.  That the US Government has a branch dedicated to Woo does not give any relevance to the Woo at all.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, openozy said:

Some people need bashing 😈👍🤣.

And that’s how it’s done, when the ‘proof’ doesn’t present itself, just shut down the opposing voices.

Who needs proof when everyone around you believes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Gosh.   Really?  You mean you told them (just like you told us up above) but lemme guess - you were unable to actually quote something deserving of the term 'debasement'..  Am I right? 

Please note: At this point, ChrLzs has left the thread theme to engage in one of his favorite forum activities, talking down on posters and is completely uncalled for.
In MY world, this sentence above represents unnecessary harassment that he hopes will start a nesty impasse (it won't). And ChrLzs is like this a lot with me and other posters in here. 

Hey ChrLzs, talking down on someone is a really rude, insulative thing to do, especially when your lecture to me has nothing to do with the thread or sub thread theme.

Stop using these forums to attack other people. You are one of the negative posters in here that has blown apart a lot of threads and it is time you got credit for it.

PS: I'd like to point out that I do not come on to this forum headhunting, looking to fight. ChrLZs' attack here completely uncalled for and
was purely the product of ChrLzs' mean spirit and nothing more.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

What are they supposed to be building? What links should I be providing if I'm stating that I do not see what the Op states is in the picture or I'm asking for clarification?  

Tasha, just keep coming in and talking about the thread topic. That's all.

You see, some people come in here to start arguments and fights, and I'm sure you won't be like that.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You see, some people come in here to start arguments and fights

That's my job.

• Haha 4

• The topic was locked