Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government files detail investigation of paranormal activity in Utah

UM-Bot

34 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Please either point at a couple of examples (after all, you are saying that it happens on most threads...)  If you can't/won't do that, then over the next few weeks, how about pointing it out when it happens?

If you do neither of those things, I think you have just proved something ..  by it's absence...how positively unscientific..

Victimhood… one of the classic fallbacks for people who have no argument.

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Please either point at a couple of examples (after all, you are saying that it happens on most threads...)  If you can't/won't do that, then over the next few weeks, how about pointing it out when it happens?

If you do neither of those things, I think you have just proved something ..  by it's absence...how positively unscientific..

I think you already know damn well what I’m talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

No, I dam well don't.  I don't spend my life here.  I don't take thousands of notes, or waste my memory on remembering specific tales of woe and who did what to whom..  And I don't take it too seriously, nor get my knickers all twisted up when people disagree, or even when they get pulled up on ridiculous tales.

YOU, however just made a very serious complaint about behavior on this forum AND you said people were laughed at and ridiculed and that it happened "in damn near every thread".  I'm calling you out on that, so post a link to "what you're talking about".  I want to see what thread that was, and we'll go back through it to see if it matches your claim.  You did say it was very frequent, and here I am being kind just asking you to post the worst case - I should be asking for at least a few...

And yep, if you think this is some kind of 'trap', you might be right.  I'd be careful about choosing an example, if I were you, as you know what might happen next.

It's up to you - post evidence to support your claim, or else we, the audience might judge your credibility and not take future claims as being worthy of any response.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on an explanation - why don't you report these heinous crimes to the moderators?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

No, I dam well don't.  I don't spend my life here.  I don't take thousands of notes, or waste my memory on remembering specific tales of woe and who did what to whom..  And I don't take it too seriously, nor get my knickers all twisted up when people disagree, or even when they get pulled up on ridiculous tales.

YOU, however just made a very serious complaint about behavior on this forum AND you said people were laughed at and ridiculed and that it happened "in damn near every thread".  I'm calling you out on that, so post a link to "what you're talking about".  I want to see what thread that was, and we'll go back through it to see if it matches your claim.  You did say it was very frequent, and here I am being kind just asking you to post the worst case - I should be asking for at least a few...

And yep, if you think this is some kind of 'trap', you might be right.  I'd be careful about choosing an example, if I were you, as you know what might happen next.

It's up to you - post evidence to support your claim, or else we, the audience might judge your credibility and not take future claims as being worthy of any response.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on an explanation - why don't you report these heinous crimes to the moderators?

Yeah I’m not going to go back and read through threads to find examples for you. I have way better things to do. 

Heinous crimes?? I never said all that. I used to report them all the time. Aside from removing posts, or closing threads, nothing was ever done about it. 

The audience has already judged. The people most guilty are the one who say it doesn’t happen. The people who witness it, and even have it happen to them say it does. Nothing is gonna change that. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 12:28 AM, preacherman76 said:

Yeah I’m not going to go back and read through threads to find examples for you. I have way better things to do.

I am shocked... :D I never would have thought pm would back down from citing something. :D :D 

Just a couple of questions, pm.  When us debunkers point something out but don't explain or support their claims with evidence, do you get annoyed?

When us debunkers make a claim, and then refuse to offer any evidence, do you get annoyed?

When they do that, if they say they have better things to do, do you believe them get annoyed?

By the way, when was the last time you saw a debunker like me, do any of those things?

If I did any of those things, I'd have to accept that any name calling would be fully justified.  And I would then probably have to admit that I was gunna post an example, but when I re-read the thread I found that I had misremembered it.  It was actually NOT the debunker side that started any unpleasantness....

Heinous crimes?? I never said all that.

No, that's why I didn't put it into quotes...  But here you are, still whingeing and complaining (hence my clearly sarcastic remark about the heinous crimes - honestly, that wasn't obvious to you?).  And yet, suddenly, when asked to point out an actual example of the said behaviour, it's just too much trouble.  Yes, of course that's the reason.  (I'm being sarcastic again..)

I used to report them all the time. Aside from removing posts, or closing threads, nothing was ever done about it.

I'll be interested to hear Saru's take on that.  I've reported this post - let's hear the other side.  Are you ready with an example?

The audience has already judged. The people most guilty are the one who say it doesn’t happen. The people who witness it, and even have it happen to them say it does. Nothing is gonna change that. 

I have a different view.  And your refusal to back this up is extremely telling...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 3

On 5/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, preacherman76 said:

Ettervthings to do like posting in threads replies that have nothing to do with the threads topic but rather just to scold a member for making a post that you didn't like and or agree with because I've seen you do that a lot.

I used to report them all the time. Aside from removing posts, or closing threads, nothing was ever done about it. 

"All the time" reporting threads you didn't like, sounds like you are easily upset from others opinions and points of view on an open public discussion forum.
Removing posts and closing threads is doing something about it,  so also sounds like you are hard to please.

Well, that's true, Ive experienced how believers will get upset over nothing more than being asked for evidence anything to support their wild outlandish tales and go off on ad hominem meltdowns, then deny they do that some true it around and play victim, but I don't run to hit the report button, I admit I do have a long ignore list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

I admit I do have a long ignore list.

Yes you to tend to ignore things you can't fathom, it's called head in sand. 

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

When us debunkers point something out but don't explain or support their claims with evidence, do you get annoyed?

I can't think of anything paranormal any of you have debunked so don't kid yourself.😄

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 5:22 PM, preacherman76 said:

He doesn't know anything much except photography and being a snob. Hey Preacherman, are you a working bulldog man or did you just like the pic? That Preacherman bulldog is in a lot of great working lines. Sorry, off topic.

This thread seems to have degenerated into a mess of bickering and arguing.

What I will say is obviously, if you feel someone is acting inappropriately, use the 'report' button or contact me via PM, but don't complain on the forum about it - whatever we do or don't do we're not going to please everyone and we can't be everywhere all of the time, so a little courtesy and patience is always appreciated.

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Thanks 3

• The topic was locked