Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you got ghosts in your house or in your apartment

dream jo

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Not sure I would agree that you are open minded.

why not? to what am I closed minded?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

why not?

I believe that you are mistaking being open-minded with having an unshakable belief in the paranormal. In actuality, it is quite close-minded to directly accept paranormal claims without objectively examining the evidence. From my perspective, you often seem biased and lacking in critical thinking skills.  Apologies if that seems harsh or rude but that is my honest opinion.

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I believe that you are mistaking being open-minded with having an unshakable belief in the paranormal. In actuality, it is quite close-minded to directly accept paranormal claims without objectively examining the evidence. From my perspective, you often seem biased and lacking in critical thinking skills.  Apologies if that seems harsh or rude but that is my honest opinion.

My opinion is that I do not have an unshakeable opinion in the paranormal but require evidence and then follow the evidence and apply critical thinking. 

My critical thinking has led me also to the belief that many have an irrational resistance to claims of the paranormal. 

We are not going to settle that one here I'm sure.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My opinion is that I do not have an unshakeable opinion in the paranormal but require evidence and then follow the evidence and apply critical thinking. 

My critical thinking has led me also to the belief that many have an irrational resistance to claims of the paranormal. 

If only that was true. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I disagree with your first two sentences. However, I am fully aware that the chances of us coming to any agreement on the subject are non-existent, so I will leave it be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

I disagree with your first two sentences. However, I am fully aware that the chances of us coming to any agreement on the subject are non-existent, so I will leave it be.

Next time do not start the attack conversation without any substance maybe. Anyway……

• Like 1

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh come on. Be honest. Nothing in any of your posts has ever suggested that is your mindset. In fact it’s exactly the opposite. You always default to the paranormal right out of the gate, as your own papameter has proven every time you’ve posted it.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Antigonos said:

Oh come on. Be honest. Nothing in any of your posts has ever suggested that is your mindset. In fact it’s exactly the opposite. You always default to the paranormal right out of the gate, as your own papameter has proven every time you’ve posted it.

Only following the evidence and fairly considering both sides......

What is your sense of balanced consideration based on? Could you be the biased one?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What is your sense of balanced consideration based on? Could you be the biased one?

Look at what side has more real support rather than vague spirituality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Look at what side has more real support rather than vague spirituality.

I look at both sides fairly. And not in a biased way like one who throws out terms like 'vague spirituality' instead of 'the paranormal'. The paranormal has overwhelming collective evidence in my fair appraisal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I look at both sides fairly. And not in a biased way like one who throws out terms like 'vague spirituality' instead of 'the paranormal'. The paranormal has overwhelming collective evidence in my fair appraisal.

The problem is that 'collective proof' is mostly anecdotal. Plus much of the video, audio, and other phenomena have realistic explanations. Along with poorly done experiments. 

It is extremely rare for the papameter to go less than 50% paranormal. Your opinion is highly biased. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Only following the evidence and fairly considering both sides......

No. You don’t.  You often accept outright frauds as legitimate when even the most rudimentary examination of the facts behind them should at least give you some pause for doubt. You don’t err on the side of caution ever. You always set aside a small percentage of your “papameter readings” for hoaxes or mistaken identity to project the illusion that you’ve considered other solutions when I think privately you believe the paranormal is 100% the answer every time.

Balanced consideration is not coming to the conclusion that the paranormal is always the likeliest answer. It’s setting aside your personal belief system to objectively analyze facts. 

You also have a bad habit of tarring anyone who doesn’t automatically accept paranormal explanations for every single instance with the same brush. The dogmatic defense of the paranormal under any circumstances which you constantly engage in belies your claims of being a critical thinker in these matters. 

As for your last sentence, whataboutism and projection are more of your default strategies. You obviously have never read nor paid attention to anything I’ve said about this subject to you or anyone else because if you had you wouldn’t have made such a stupid comment. But it’s hardly surprising at this point. 

Let’s talk about who’s the biased one here. Have you ever even familiarized yourself with the most classic cases of hauntings, for instance? How much of paranormal history have you actually taken the time to learn about through the years? Or are you just a fanboy using it to role play a personal anti science belief system? I have noticed that whenever I have brought up well known cases or authors, books or personalities in this subject in order to stimulate discussion with you, you often don’t acknowledge any of it and resort to vague musings instead. Could that be because you aren’t really as familiar with this subject as you like to project that you are? It seems to me that you’re more about faith than in acquiring actual knowledge. Which explains your general contempt for science and your inability to recognize obvious frauds.

So let’s discuss well known cases of hauntings shall we? I can tell you which ones I think may be genuine and which ones not, and I can explain in detail why and how I came to my conclusions in each instance. (I don’t even need to break out the “Antigometer”).

Are you even familiar with any? I can go all the way back to ancient Egypt and classical Greece and move down the centuries from there.  Can you? 

Biased my a$$.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Thanks 4

Has everybody living in old houses actually had a building inspector thru?  You will find "cold spots" and randomly opening doors are not ghosts but wind and poor door hanging.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Antigonos said:

No. You don’t.  You often accept outright frauds as legitimate when even the most rudimentary examination of the facts behind them should at least give you some pause for doubt. You don’t err on the side of caution ever. You always set aside a small percentage of your “papameter readings” for hoaxes or mistaken identity to project the illusion that you’ve considered other solutions when I think privately you believe the paranormal is 100% the answer every time.

Balanced consideration is not coming to the conclusion that the paranormal is always the likeliest answer. It’s setting aside your personal belief system to objectively analyze facts. 

You also have a bad habit of tarring anyone who doesn’t automatically accept paranormal explanations for every single instance with the same brush. The dogmatic defense of the paranormal under any circumstances which you constantly engage in belies your claims of being a critical thinker in these matters. 

As for your last sentence, whataboutism and projection are more of your default strategies. You obviously have never read nor paid attention to anything I’ve said about this subject to you or anyone else because if you had you wouldn’t have made such a stupid comment. But it’s hardly surprising at this point. 

Let’s talk about who’s the biased one here. Have you ever even familiarized yourself with the most classic cases of hauntings, for instance? How much of paranormal history have you actually taken the time to learn about through the years? Or are you just a fanboy using it to role play a personal anti science belief system? I have noticed that whenever I have brought up well known cases or authors, books or personalities in this subject in order to stimulate discussion with you, you often don’t acknowledge any of it and resort to vague musings instead. Could that be because you aren’t really as familiar with this subject as you like to project that you are? It seems to me that you’re more about faith than in acquiring actual knowledge. Which explains your general contempt for science and your inability to recognize obvious frauds.

So let’s discuss well known cases of hauntings shall we? I can tell you which ones I think may be genuine and which ones not, and I can explain in detail why and how I came to my conclusions in each instance. (I don’t even need to break out the “Antigometer”).

Are you even familiar with any? I can go all the way back to ancient Egypt and classical Greece and move down the centuries from there.  Can you? 

Biased my a$$.

A long time back a fellow posted pix that looked like a laser pointer with a story that of course made that unlikely , drop bear believed it paranormal, I found way too many holes in the story after calling out the poster for more info he disappeared but I was bored I took my own pix that location aside matched his pix 99.9% even drop bear at first admitted I nailed it then back peddled suggested my pix were also perhaps paranormal here is example...

20190820_115158-400x336.jpg.8bae400fa65c39282afb4956fd4f9e46.jpg

I assure you it's a laser pointer, my cat agrees.

But worse when charlatan Jamie mussan faked those alien mummies getting in hot water for messing with both sacred burial sites and human remains to this day bear supports it was real aliens, ask him about flintstones.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 2:44 AM, TashaMarie said:

In actuality, it is quite close-minded to directly accept paranormal claims without objectively examining the evidence.

I agree but your mind is also closed if you exhaust all mundane answers and still dismiss the possibility of the unknown just because you can't make sense of it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, openozy said:

I agree but your mind is also closed if you exhaust all mundane answers and still dismiss the possibility of the unknown just because you can't make sense of it.

When have I done that?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

When have I done that?

I don't think you have, just saying in general 🙂. I don't know what you make of the paranormal but I don't feel you are closed minded to possibilities. I may be wrong though, lol.

Actually you are quite unlike everyone else on here 👍.

8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Has everybody living in old houses actually had a building inspector thru?  You will find "cold spots" and randomly opening doors are not ghosts but wind and poor door hanging.

That is a great point Al, so very true!!!!!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, openozy said:

I don't think you have, just saying in general 🙂. I don't know what you make of the paranormal but I don't feel you are closed minded to possibilities. I may be wrong though, lol.

I spent the first 27 years of my life believing in the paranormal. I had experienced many strange events and even defended the likes of Derek Acorah. However, as I watched more paranormal investigations and read about other people's accounts, I realised that 90% of what I had experienced had mundane and boring explanations. The more I investigate, the less I believe in the paranormal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/6/2024 at 9:01 PM, XenoFish said:

Smoke has a problem with soaking into wood. When that wood heats up even slightly it releases the trapped smell. 

But does that smoke smell travel from room to room like someone carrying it?  It stayed for short periods of time in different locations, or longer as if someone was sitting with it at chair location, then moved on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ziggilu said:

But does that smoke smell travel from room to room like someone carrying it?  It stayed for short periods of time in different locations, or longer as if someone was sitting with it at chair location, then moved on. 

That's how air flow works. Variations in ambient temperature move air.

11 hours ago, openozy said:

You've countless times and not always so kindly said the same of me. For example you incorrectly say I dismiss the possibility of unknown or the explanation being paranormal which I never have done, many things are unknown, unknown isn't a jump to, "since i dont know it must be paranormal" ,  I ask for evidence and it's always lacking and then true believers get upset and blame me for the failures, and flip side, you will not ever consider the possibility your alleged experiences we're all in your head.

3 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I spent the first 27 years of my life believing in the paranormal. I had experienced many strange events and even defended the likes of Derek Acorah. However, as I watched more paranormal investigations and read about other people's accounts, I realised that 90% of what I had experienced had mundane and boring explanations. The more I investigate, the less I believe in the paranormal.  

I don't think I can say I ever "believed" i gave it a big chance i wanted more from the universe, I did my research I hung at cassidaga and can cold read i worked at a sanitaria shop and can cast spells, I did countless other things and like with this claimed haunted house I live in what the true believer listed as haunts i debunked all of it  as mundane but perhaps in my case not always boring.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I don't think I can say I ever "believed" i gave it a big chance i wanted more from the universe, I did my research I hung at cassidaga and can cold read i worked at a sanitaria shop and can cast spells, I did countless other things and like with this claimed haunted house I live in what the true believer listed as haunts i debunked all of it  as mundane but perhaps in my case not always boring.

I was raised by a mother who strongly believed in the paranormal and would share stories with my siblings and me about her psychic grandmother, who could predict the future. She also claimed that our house was haunted, as were other homes she had lived in. As a child, I was fascinated by her stories. I now realise that she can be liberal with the truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ziggilu said:

Yeah, my joint if you count the basement and attic is four story and over hundred years old lots of old wood and one of countless claims of haunted from seller are classic phantom smells, being I'm into making my own perfumes and incense aromas is right up my alley.

When we moved in and I started debunking claims sometimes cedar would loft thru the air I like cedar my wife joked ghost of old lady but i wasnt good with not knowing why it happened at what seemed odd times

Well the seller left a small cedar box in an upstairs window sill and heat from sun either direct or reflected did as xeno was saying and the smell would end up who knows where from weird air currents in an old house,

This was wild when late each night I smelled cigarettes we were sleeping upstairs at that time I would walk around inside never could find source and I hate cigarettes smell,

It lasted on and off about three weeks and then I cracked the case, seems a homeless person would go on the side of the wrap around porch and use the outlet to charge their phone and have a smoke, they unplugged a timer light which I had noticed was going off timing but I checked it in the day they also stole stuff from the porch, so I was taught a lesson there but it sure was weird where the smell of that cigarette would go from porch to inside house.

Heat and time of day play huge part in smells lofting about.

• Like 2