Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you got ghosts in your house or in your apartment

dream jo

10 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I was raised by a mother who strongly believed in the paranormal and would share stories with my siblings and me about her psychic grandmother, who could predict the future. She also claimed that our house was haunted, as were other homes she had lived in. As a child, I was fascinated by her stories. I now realise that she can be liberal with the truth.

I relate, my grandmother raised me and she wanted everything to be paranormal ( not that she believed everything was )and when it wasn't the case I was a bit deflated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I relate, my grandmother raised me and she wanted everything to be paranormal ( not that she believed everything was )and when it wasn't the case I was a bit deflated.

My mother believed that her taking a bath at a different time than her usual one was the cause of my brother's accident and death.  Now I understand at the time the grief was still very raw but she is very good at convincing herself of anything she wants to believe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I spent the first 27 years of my life believing in the paranormal. I had experienced many strange events and even defended the likes of Derek Acorah. However, as I watched more paranormal investigations and read about other people's accounts, I realised that 90% of what I had experienced had mundane and boring explanations. The more I investigate, the less I believe in the paranormal.  

I thought something like that and I understand your position because I go through that myself. Every time I convince myself that it's all in the mind, something really profound happens and throws me back in. You have to be skeptical about it but if you convince yourself fully it is total BS you have closed the door and for most people this is their comfort zone. Something wants me to stay on the path and I can handle it now and it makes my life more interesting. I think you are right that about 90% is explainable and mundane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:
12 hours ago, openozy said:

I agree but your mind is also closed if you exhaust all mundane answers and still dismiss the possibility of the unknown just because you can't make sense of it.

You've countless times and not always so kindly said the same of me. For example you incorrectly say I dismiss the possibility of unknown or the explanation being paranormal which I never have done, many things are unknown, unknown isn't a jump to, "since i dont know it must be paranormal" ,  I ask for evidence and it's always lacking and then true believers get upset and blame me for the failures, and flip side, you will not ever consider the possibility your alleged experiences we're all in your head

I'm sorry for coming across so strongly bats but you can too, lol. The last bit of your post is totally not true because I always look at mundane answers first.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

I'm sorry for coming across so strongly bats but you can too, lol. The last bit of your post is totally not true because I always look at mundane answers first.

Seems we have both changed in the year I've been away,

While my door really isn't closed nothing opens it, well it dd but I debunked it, lol

I do think the mind the human being is far more complex and mysterious than anything paranormal stories can muster.

I read a while back frank zappa said to the effect he had no issues with people who drank or used drugs he only had issues with it when it effected others like a drunk driver kills a person, in that as example , I have issues when hopeless true believers like drop bear tell a person who needs medical attention not to get it because their issue is paranormal, that mindset can hurt or kill people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I do think the mind the human being is far more complex and mysterious than anything paranormal stories can muster.

I do too, I think as we evolve, more parts of the brain will be used and the sky is the limit. Because I had a brain injury when young, different parts are used more now and I believe that's why I pick up on the unbelievable paranormal. Nothing like an hallucination because I've had these when driving tired. I always liked you bats even when we were evil at each other, I think you're a decent bloke 👍.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, openozy said:

I do too, I think as we evolve, more parts of the brain will be used and the sky is the limit. Because I had a brain injury when young, different parts are used more now and I believe that's why I pick up on the unbelievable paranormal. Nothing like an hallucination because I've had these when driving tired. I always liked you bats even when we were evil at each other, I think you're a decent bloke 👍.

I was young a TV show called that's incredible came on once they had this young man who was of average or perhaps above average intelligence but he was missing almost all his brain,

My wife has lectures at university classes on how the brain repairs itself and reassigns functions, now if that can case some to pick up paranormal or it's just mind laying tricks that's stuff we don't know but one day it might be proven

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That is a great point Al, so very true!!!!!:tu:

Especially old houses built in remote rural windswept areas, on open or uneven ground, and atop underground streams.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Especially old houses built in remote rural windswept areas, on open or uneven ground, and atop underground streams.

Never and I repeat never buy house that has running water under it. Because if you do, you will have terrible dreams, every night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:00 PM, dream jo said:

Do you have ghosts in your house or in your apartment where you live I know I live everybody has got ghost because we live in Victorian houses

No, but I have spirits in my refrigerator....

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2024 at 11:36 AM, Antigonos said:

No. You don’t.  You often accept outright frauds as legitimate when even the most rudimentary examination of the facts behind them should at least give you some pause for doubt. You don’t err on the side of caution ever. You always set aside a small percentage of your “papameter readings” for hoaxes or mistaken identity to project the illusion that you’ve considered other solutions when I think privately you believe the paranormal is 100% the answer every time.

Balanced consideration is not coming to the conclusion that the paranormal is always the likeliest answer. It’s setting aside your personal belief system to objectively analyze facts. 

You also have a bad habit of tarring anyone who doesn’t automatically accept paranormal explanations for every single instance with the same brush. The dogmatic defense of the paranormal under any circumstances which you constantly engage in belies your claims of being a critical thinker in these matters. 

As for your last sentence, whataboutism and projection are more of your default strategies. You obviously have never read nor paid attention to anything I’ve said about this subject to you or anyone else because if you had you wouldn’t have made such a stupid comment. But it’s hardly surprising at this point. 

Let’s talk about who’s the biased one here. Have you ever even familiarized yourself with the most classic cases of hauntings, for instance? How much of paranormal history have you actually taken the time to learn about through the years? Or are you just a fanboy using it to role play a personal anti science belief system? I have noticed that whenever I have brought up well known cases or authors, books or personalities in this subject in order to stimulate discussion with you, you often don’t acknowledge any of it and resort to vague musings instead. Could that be because you aren’t really as familiar with this subject as you like to project that you are? It seems to me that you’re more about faith than in acquiring actual knowledge. Which explains your general contempt for science and your inability to recognize obvious frauds.

So let’s discuss well known cases of hauntings shall we? I can tell you which ones I think may be genuine and which ones not, and I can explain in detail why and how I came to my conclusions in each instance. (I don’t even need to break out the “Antigometer”).

Are you even familiar with any? I can go all the way back to ancient Egypt and classical Greece and move down the centuries from there.  Can you? 

Biased my a$$.

Still waiting @papageorge1

4 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Still waiting @papageorge1

Respond to that lengthy run-on mess? How?

Give me one precise question or challenge right here and your wait will be over.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Give me one precise question or challenge right here and your wait will be over.

So you’re going to pretend my post was incomprehensible in order to justify you running and hiding for days?  I’m sorry if multiple paragraphs at a time are too much for you to process and understand. That doesn’t reflect well on your self professed alleged abilities to read and understand scientific papers.

I DID just challenge you. Several days ago, after you implied I was biased, I noticed you had no response, you simply slunk away and hid after insulting me.

Since by your own admission you are apparently unable to comprehend answers made up of too many paragraphs, I will amend my original response to make it a more manageable level for you.

Let me actually lay it out for you YET AGAIN 

FAFFD173-96E3-4AD6-BE47-13E2578461AE.jpegSounds like a specific challenge to me.

Edited by Antigonos

I will comment on your last quoted part.

I've not a lot of interest in historical hauntings from ancient Greece or wherever. There is enough evidence from today from myself, experiencers and investigators for me to believe it is genuine phenomena beyond reasonable doubt. My real interest then becomes what does this tell us about reality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Okay I will challenge you, park your huge fragile ego and don't make any lame excuses if you can't give me what I ask for smly admit you have zero, zip , zlitch,

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

There is enough evidence from today from myself, experiencers and investigators for me to believe it is genuine phenomena beyond reasonable doubt. My real interest then becomes what does this tell us about reality.

Show us you very best piece of actual evidence to support your belief claims, stories do not count as evidence do not use them, copping out is just that and admitting you have nothing,

Show your best piece of evidence

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Show us you very best piece of actual evidence to support your belief claims

I too would appreciate it if you could back up your claims.  As a self-proclaimed collector of anything paranormal, you obviously have mustered a huge amount of information on these 'cases'.  So which one stands out, which is the best one in terms of evidence..?  Surely that should spring to your mind immediately, so just point to "The One".  Let's look at it in terms that would stand up to scientific, or even legal, scrutiny.  I'm sure we are all ears.  And eyes.  And nose, but so far it smells .. somewhat less than pleasant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Okay I will challenge you, park your huge fragile ego and don't make any lame excuses if you can't give me what I ask for smly admit you have zero, zip , zlitch,

Show us you very best piece of actual evidence to support your belief claims, stories do not count as evidence do not use them, copping out is just that and admitting you have nothing,

Show your best piece of evidence

I’ve explained this before. The most convincing thing to me is the accumulated weight of millions of experiences considered for quantity, quality and consistency.know an individual case can be argued into infinity. No point in doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’ve explained this before. The most convincing thing to me is the accumulated weight of millions of experiences considered for quantity, quality and consistency.know an individual case can be argued into infinity. No point in doing that. 

You worded it carefully but I take it as an open admission that you have no one case / evidence that stands out, in other words you have nothing and I accept that.

However, No way you have personally studied one million cases, you might have seen stats where someone claimed they did but no, oh, dear I'm knee jerking please list that one million cases you have studied at least you can prove that claim.

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You worded it carefully but I take it as an open admission that you have no one case / evidence that stands out, in other words you have nothing and I accept that.

However, No way you have personally studied one million cases, you might have seen stats where someone claimed they did but no, oh, dear I'm knee jerking please list that one million cases you have studied at least you can prove that claim.

‘Million’ is a figurative term for ‘ a lot. I’ve heard enough and from that I rationally extrapolate on how many there must be. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

‘Million’ is a figurative term for ‘ a lot. I’ve heard enough and from that I rationally extrapolate on how many there must be. 

You've heard enough, have you?  Then why don't you just pick out the best example?

Here, let me tell you why.  You know that even the 'best' case you have is just a story.  NO EVIDENCE.

What is especially disappointing is that you can't even admit that to yourself, it seems.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So not one to be accused of misrepresented figures it's not a million what's a more accurate honest guess?

18 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

You've heard enough, have you?  Then why don't you just pick out the best example?

Here, let me tell you why.  You know that even the 'best' case you have is just a story.  NO EVIDENCE.

What is especially disappointing is that you can't even admit that to yourself, it seems.

Witness testimony is evidence for consideration in the deliberations of court decisions in every civilized nation on earth. It can be used in judgments of likeliness of the paranormal in a particular case.

For me, the strongest case is an event that happened to me. But I would never be able to prove it after the fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, the13bats said:

So not one to be accused of misrepresented figures it's not a million what's a more accurate honest guess?

Hundreds for me, billions extrapolated for all humanity. I've been at this decades.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Hundreds for me, billions extrapolated for all humanity. I've been at this decades.

100s hum, I'm 59 I believe it's safe to say I've heard over 1000 very sincere stories saying the easter bunny is real, heck I've seen it in the mall etc, dog goneit I didn't get a picture but tons of great pics out there

Sincerely is not the gauge or judge of fact neither is Volume quantity of the same wrong tale repeated doesn't make it fact,

Your belief is yours in your head not part of the real world, believing it's real just doesn't make it so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

100s hum, I'm 59 I believe it's safe to say I've heard over 1000 very sincere stories saying the easter bunny is real, heck I've seen it in the mall etc, dog goneit I didn't get a picture but tons of great pics out there

Sincerely is not the gauge or judge of fact neither is Volume quantity of the same wrong tale repeated doesn't make it fact,

Your belief is yours in your head not part of the real world, believing it's real just doesn't make it so.

Curious how you rated the quality of those easter bunny stories for paranormality. 

I consider quantity, quality and consistency as I mentioned myself.

• Like 2