Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you got ghosts in your house or in your apartment

dream jo

32 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Curious how you rated the quality of those easter bunny stories for paranormality. 

I consider quantity, quality and consistency as I mentioned myself.

I don't pigeon hole trying as you do to force fit anything and everything into some completely and totally unproven category label for outlandish tales, of course if real a humanoid rabbit giving gifts would fit in there but it doesn't exist.

Did you ever at some point have that epiphany moment or does your belief hinge on hearing enough tall tales makes the story real for you

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Witness testimony is evidence for consideration in the deliberations of court decisions in every civilized nation on earth. It can be used in judgments of likeliness of the paranormal in a particular case.

Oh, really?  Then point to any single good example of testimony being accepted as proof of the paranormal.

Testimony is the lowest ranked form of legal evidence, and in Science it is not accepted as any type of evidence unless it is fully supported by *other* evidence.  And in legal terms there is always a crime and evidence of that crime, eg a body for murder, or a burnt down business for arson.  Your argument is founded on a fundamental lack of understanding of law and science.  The question still stands, why do you keep avoiding nominating the best case with actual evidence?  And why is it that as cameras and surveillance get better and better, the claims are going down, and the lack of just one good capture becomes increasingly damning for your belief?

And before you whinge... original video footage and image files CAN be verified by forensic science, so if it's shown to be real.. you win.  Surely that would be worth it...  :D 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

You know that even the 'best' case you have is just a story.  NO EVIDENCE

Sort of like the belief of millions or billions in God, many of whom are extremely intelligent people, yet not one shred of provable evidence. Doctors, judges and even scientists have a good % of followers of God, same as the paranormal but people actually see and hear this stuff all the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Witness testimony is evidence for consideration in the deliberations of court decisions in every civilized nation on earth. It can be used in judgments of likeliness of the paranormal in a particular case.

For me, the strongest case is an event that happened to me. But I would never be able to prove it after the fact.

I recall a good forensics show I used to watch , seems these guys were fishing caught a shark pulled it on the boat and it promptly regurgitated an arm, the arm had a tattoo and soon authorities made arrests and seeking conviction for murder.

Now you will deny it but pretty much everyone knows you would see that as 99% on your old meter, thankfully the judge was both wiser and less credious than you and explained a person can be alive missing an arm no proof the arms previous owner wasn't walking around missing one arm.

You have yet to submit a ghosts arm, but maybe one day you will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Sort of like the belief of millions or billions in God, many of whom are extremely intelligent people, yet not one shred of provable evidence. Doctors, judges and even scientists have a good % of followers of God, same as the paranormal but people actually see and hear this stuff all the time.

I don't wanna start any blasphemous rumors,

I envy the comfort I see belief in religion gives some, some think by wishing, calling it "prayer" this omnipowful supreme being will change the universe to grant their wish why would one wish be denied and the next granted? Well that's God's way,

Sure I'm snide, Jaded, all that good negative **** but it doesn't change these people's beliefs, and sure in some cases I think people have seen God, a ghost, paranormal whatever and I know they can't prove it to me,

Some things in this world our lives will never offer proof, some will believe and some won't, it's human I guess.

• Like 1

The point I'm trying to get at here is most people accept other people's belief in a religion or God but few accept the belief some have in the paranormal. So much so they laugh and scoff at the mention of it. So Chriz how about going down to a mosque in Lakemba and laugh and belittle and tell the Muslim followers how stupid they are. I'm sure you will receive a warm welcome :gun:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The point I'm trying to get at here is most people accept other people's belief in a religion or God but few accept the belief some have in the paranormal. So much so they laugh and scoff at the mention of it. So Chriz how about going down to a mosque in Lakemba and laugh and belittle and tell the Muslim followers how stupid they are. I'm sure you will receive a warm welcome :gun:.

Your have a point a can't argue and have you noticed for the most part I don't visit religious sections, also good point that some people will kill people have died over not agreeing on religion in fact it might be the cause of more human conflict and death that anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

I recall a good forensics show I used to watch , seems these guys were fishing caught a shark pulled it on the boat and it promptly regurgitated an arm, the arm had a tattoo and soon authorities made arrests and seeking conviction for murder.

I remember that incident. If it’s the same one I’m thinking of it was a really long time ago, it was in a book on sharks I had as a teenager.

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

people have died over not agreeing on religion in fact it might be the cause of more human conflict and death that anything else.

The paranormal is like religion to me so remember this post next time you pick on and question the paranormal realm my man 🤣. Joking but questioning people's belief could be dangerous in certain circles.👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, openozy said:

So Chriz how about going down to a mosque in Lakemba and laugh and belittle and tell the Muslim followers how stupid they are. I

So, you accuse me of belittling and laughing insultingly at paranormal believers?  And then take that to racism?

You will now QUOTE where I belittled or laughed or insulted paranormal fans.  And also tell us why you didn't report it rather than turning it into a petty drama on thread.  If you can't come up with any suitable evidence (how ironic) be a grown up and apologise.

BTW, I see you did the same thing to TashaMarie earlier in the thread - are ad hominems getting out of control with you?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, openozy said:

i'll belittle it all!!!! it's all BS! this is what i believe! do you feel a need to attack my belief? do you feel you have the right to? now what?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So, you accuse me of belittling and laughing insultingly at paranormal believers?  And then take that to racism?

You will now QUOTE where I belittled or laughed or insulted paranormal fans.  And also tell us why you didn't report it rather than turning it into a petty drama on thread.  If you can't come up with any suitable evidence (how ironic) be a grown up and apologise.

BTW, I see you did the same thing to TashaMarie earlier in the thread - are ad hominems getting out of control with you?

19 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'll belittle it all!!!! it's all BS! this is what i believe! do you feel a need to attack my belief? do you feel you have the right to? now what?

Sounds like the pair of you have an attack of the guilts, lol. Chriz does nothing but insult anything paranormal, which he knows nothing about and DJ talks tripe and dismisses people constantly. You both need to pull your heads out of your backsides and see the real picture 👍😁.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

You both need to pull your heads out of your backsides and see the real picture

and what real picture is that then? Would you be referring to the picture that has been around since the appearance of sentient intelligent man on this planet that STILL hasn't been proven to be a real thing yet? Or has it, have I missed something?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, openozy said:

Chriz does nothing but insult anything paranormal,

do you feel people like your good self should be left alone?

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Don't like it when you get a taste of your own medicine, eh? Lol

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

do you feel people like your good self should be left alone?

No. Treated with respect? Yes. But you're incapable of respect, so why should you expect it? This is just a hobby to you. A sick one, but a hobby none the less.

"i'll belittle it all!!!! it's all BS! this is what i believe!"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

But you're incapable of respect, so why should you expect it?

i'll repeat:

yeah i think it's all BS== prove me wrong.. what the fek has respect got to do with it?

how can a human being respect something they honestly feel is utter BS!? how do i do that?

you do not respect the fact that i feel it's all BS because it hasn't been proved otherwise to me, do you? don't seem like it-- now what?

Edited by Dejarma

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'll repeat:

yeah i think it's all BS== prove me wrong.. what the fek has respect got to do with it?

how can a human being respect something they honestly feel is utter BS!? how do i do that?

you do not respect the fact that i feel it's all BS because it hasn't been proved otherwise to me, do you? don't seem like it-- now what?

Thanks for proving my point. Bravo!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thanks for proving my point. Bravo!

what point's that then? explain

i'm willing to have an adult rational debate with you about it if you are= seriously.

say something that will make me think twice & question my stance

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what point's that then? explain

i'm willing to have an adult rational debate with you about it if you are= seriously.

say something that will make me think twice & question my stance

Lol, no. A self serving bully deserves nothing but contempt. Frame my response anyway you like, I couldn't care less about your "opinions". As for a rational debate, you've proven over, and over again that you're incapable of such. Have a great weekend.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Lol, no. A self serving bully deserves nothing but contempt. Frame my response anyway you like, I couldn't care less about your "opinions". As for a rational debate, you've proven over, and over again that your incapable of such. Have a great weekend.

you couldn't care less about my "opinions" & yet you replied to tell me this... i feel your reaction is because deep down you know i'll make you look stupid in public- you can try to prove me wrong if you want but i don't think you're clever enough-- oh please try:clap:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

and what real picture is that then? Would you be referring to the picture that has been around since the appearance of sentient intelligent man on this planet that STILL hasn't been proven to be a real thing yet? Or has it, have I missed something?

I'm referring to the paranormal realm that has been around at least as long as man. Yes you missed that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

I'm referring to the paranormal realm that has been around at least as long as man. Yes you missed that.

you have your reasons for believing the paranormal is real... i have no reason to believe it's real. So now what happens? leave it at that? what do you think?

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you have your reasons for believing the paranormal is real... i have no reason to believe it's real. So now what happens? leave it at that? what do you think?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so everyone will keep giving their personal explanations on future posts. We will continue to disagree forever most likely, lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so everyone will keep giving their personal explanations on future posts. We will continue to disagree forever most likely, lol.

i'll probably die before you so if it's all real i'll come to you when you're asleep with a few chains & apologies saying you were right while trying to scare the fek out of ya!! 😁

• Haha 1