Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you got ghosts in your house or in your apartment

dream jo

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'll probably die before you so if it's all real i'll come to you when you're asleep with a few chains & apologies saying you were right while trying to scare the fek out of ya!! 😁

You never know, I'm pretty old, lol. I believe ghosts are just replays of the past so I don't think I'll see you in spirit form but if I do you won't scare me and I'll send you to your final destination. A warning, you may return as a toad or something, depending on your belief and deeds done while here 🐸😎.

• Haha 1

Ookiness in the home?

Not anymore. 

Apparently, you can affect whatever that is with banishment techniques. 

Now it's only the occasional phantom spider if I don't get enough sleep. 

Incidentally, Xenofish says it all disperses the moment a cam is set up, too. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Incidentally, Xenofish says it all disperses the moment a cam is set up, too. 

Pretty much. Since the advent of modern technology with cameras set up everywhere the number of classic style phenomena supposedly witnessed for centuries has pretty much disappeared from popular culture.

Now it’s all new stuff that’s recently emerged out of nowhere (post 1980s) and coincidentally things these days that can be faked by digital technology like shadow people and black eyed children and other popular modern day tropes. You’ll notice no Victorian style phenomena is ever being discussed or photographed anymore , like “physical mediums” vomiting ectoplasm or moving objects.  Because we have cameras now, and because on a sociological level that view of psychical phenomena isn’t part of the current popular paranormal zeitgeist anymore. 

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Pretty much. Since the advent of modern technology with cameras set up everywhere the number of classic style phenomena supposedly witnessed for centuries has pretty much disappeared from popular culture.

Now it’s all new stuff that’s recently emerged out of nowhere (post 1980s) and coincidentally things these days that can be faked by digital technology like shadow people and black eyed children and other popular modern day tropes. You’ll notice no Victorian style phenomena is ever being discussed or photographed, like “mediums” vomiting exctoplasm. Because we have cameras now and because on a sociological level that view of paranormal phenomena isn’t part of the current zeitgeist anymore.

I wonder about people who identify as mediums. 

Sure, most are scam artists, but we do know people can be in that liminal state between wakefulness and sleep and see stuff. A lot of people see the same things.

What if some of these "medium types" had some anomaly that caused them to be in that liminal state more often? 

That would be interesting. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

I wonder about people who identify as mediums. 

Sure, most are scam artists, but we do know people can be in that liminal state between wakefulness and sleep and see stuff. A lot of people see the same things.

What if some of these "medium types" had some anomaly that caused them to be in that liminal state more often? 

That would be interesting. 

Hey Glitter, thanks for the response. I’m about to start work so I can’t reply at the moment with the kind of thoughtful post yours deserves but I’ll respond when I can. This has been a subject I’ve been interested in since I was a teenager. Looking forward to discussing it further 👍

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

The genuine ones use a different part of the brain I'm sure. I only started picking up on things paranormal about a year after a stroke at 14. I'm a bit dubious about mediums, I think the majority are fake but I've heard some can be very accurate, I'll never know because I don't trust their motives $.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 1:27 PM, Antigonos said:

Now it’s all new stuff that’s recently emerged out of nowhere (post 1980s) and coincidentally things these days that can be faked by digital technology like shadow people and black eyed children and other popular modern day tropes. You’ll notice no Victorian style phenomena is ever being discussed or photographed anymore , like “physical mediums” vomiting ectoplasm or moving objects.  Because we have cameras now, and because on a sociological level that view of psychical phenomena isn’t part of the current popular paranormal zeitgeist anymore. 

In the era of a lot of that stuff people didn't get news daily more like weekly if lucky, I also think people were far more credious so of course some charlatan spewing up ectoplasm was taken at face value, today its an epic fail, and utterly ridiculous when they are asked to show their special power on some TV show.

Perhaps someone can name one but I can't think of even one medium etc who doesn't use said special powers to turn a profit and as far as people thinking some reader had a gift, I have no gift yet a lady left me last week convinced I do.

For well over forty years I've presented a rather easy test for anyone claiming special gift, simply tell me my grandmother's name, they could read my mind, summon help from their friends or my grandmother on the other side but all have failed , my fav excuse, it doesn't work like that.

Sure I get the dander up on true believers that are empty handed when it comes to evidence seems to me their beliefs should be enough to keep them comfortable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

simply tell me my grandmother's name

Rumpelstiltskin?

• Haha 3

On 5/3/2024 at 12:47 PM, Ell said:

Rumpelstiltskin?

Yet another epic fail

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:44 PM, the13bats said:

Sure I get the dander up on true believers that are empty handed when it comes to evidence seems to me their beliefs should be enough to keep them comfortable.

It has nothing to do with belief for most people, it's experiences, either visual or other and you getting angry doesn't make one shred of difference. There are too many examples for the paranormal to be disregarded.

21 minutes ago, openozy said:

There are too many examples for the paranormal to be disregarded.

How many should there be?  Is it per captita?  Doesn't culture variations have an effect?  Can you show your work?  Otherwise, your arms must be getting very tired from that sort of vigorous handwaving.

And why is every believer seemingly afraid to nominate the single BEST ONE.  You know, the one that contains indisputable evidence.  Now's your chance to be brave and nominate.

Could it be that..

There are no examples of the paranormal that are unexplainable using normal science or psychology, so.. it can be disregarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

How many should there be?  Is it per captita?  Doesn't culture variations have an effect?  Can you show your work?  Otherwise, your arms must be getting very tired from that sort of vigorous handwaving.

And why is every believer seemingly afraid to nominate the single BEST ONE.  You know, the one that contains indisputable evidence.  Now's your chance to be brave and nominate.

Could it be that..

There are no examples of the paranormal that are unexplainable using normal science or psychology, so.. it can be disregarded.

I see several here,  dear true believers use that amount of stories somehow make it more real when it simply doesn't.

With any topic a call out for best case will still be supported by anecdotal and nothing more quick to debunk and I that the best case game over.

Most paranormal claims can be explained with things true believers simply can't subscribe to and even the rare cases that are unexplained are no way a jump from , I don't know, so it must be paranormal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

There are no examples of the paranormal that are unexplainable using normal science or psychology

That is laughable and maybe your most stupid post ever, congratulations 🏆.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, openozy said:

That is laughable and maybe your most stupid post ever, congratulations 🏆.

Oh look, OO seems to have missed my question - what's the BEST example you've seen that doesn't have an explanation, and is evidenced.  Because, as you well know, people make stuff up.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

what's the BEST example you've seen that doesn't have an explanation

Personally I have four that were witnessed by other people, which is proof, that I've already written about on here, one was what I'd call the most profound. Maybe if you stopped talking down to people you may get a better response, it's called manners and that equates to class. Best of all, it's free :tu:.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Oh look, OO seems to have missed my question - what's the BEST example you've seen that doesn't have an explanation, and is evidenced.  Because, as you well know, people make stuff up.

I bet you something pretty all you will get is a run around and excuses and a bit of ancdotal maybe some extra claims of other witnesses who of course aren't here so here say ancdotal push it and get threatened.

In a lot of my research on paranormal I was a bit amazed how sometimes a believer can convince someone to back up their tale, idk if they fear the believer or want to humor them maybe they wanna believe and get caught up in the idea, I've seen it happen but in the end nothing but more unsupported stories.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2024 at 4:41 PM, openozy said:

.. which is proof, that I've already written about on here, one was what I'd call the most profound. Maybe if you stopped talking down to people you may get a better response, it's called manners and that equates to class.

So you've already supplied proof, but somehow, inexplicably, can't quite remember the post, and it is up to everyone else to go find it.. Yep, sometimes I do talk down to people who act like that.

Maybe if you cited your claims in the first place, people might stop talking down to you.  Yes, you may get a better response.  Citing your work is called manners and that equates to class, don't you know...

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So you've already supplied proof, but somehow, inexplicably, can't quite remember the post, and it is up to everyone else to go find it.. Yep, sometimes I do talk down to people who act like that.

Maybe if you cited your claims in the first place, people might stop talking down to you.  Yes, you may get a better response.  Citing your work is called manners and that equates to class, don't you know...

Didn't know that was classed as manners. I think it would be more polite of you to look back yourself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pretty please would you cite that 'most profound' case, Openozy?

I'd be most grateful, and don't forget, you did make the claim on a  public forum.

Am I being polite enough for you?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I'd be most grateful, and don't forget, you did make the claim on a  public forum.

Buy my book when I've finished it, I'll even sign it for you. :tu:. Much better manners by the way but still the attitude 😊.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

lurk5.gif.e6eada915f79f7fddf95b10bdc9ab1a3.gif

18 hours ago, openozy said:

Buy my book when I've finished it, I'll even sign it for you. :tu:. Much better manners by the way but still the attitude 😊.

So, I guess that's a "No, I will not respond to polite requests to cite my claims".  That's not a very good look, OO.  In fact some might say it's much, much worse than 'talking down' to someone...  Maybe you should think about not responding to your perception of the 'tone' someone uses and just answer the question/s.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So, I guess that's a "No, I will not respond to polite requests to cite my claims".  That's not a very good look, OO.  In fact some might say it's much, much worse than 'talking down' to someone...  Maybe you should think about not responding to your perception of the 'tone' someone uses and just answer the question/s.

Not the first or last time someone makes up paranormal stories with zero evidence to profit and get attention, the Warrens one example out of ciuntless, made a great life long living claiming almost everything was haunted and demons are everywhere, they never once proved any of their claims.

But they sure thought they were..... "Special"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Maybe you should think about not responding to your perception of the 'tone' someone uses and just answer the question/s.

How about no, you aren't worth conversing with on this subject because of your one eyed attitude, also don't bark orders at people 👍.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Not the first or last time someone makes up paranormal stories with zero evidence to profit and get attention, the Warrens one example out of ciuntless, made a great life long living claiming almost everything was haunted and demons are everywhere, they never once proved any of their claims.

But they sure thought they were..... "Special"

The Warrens were predatory scumbags who deliberately targeted and took advantage of people’s grief and fragile emotional states for their own benefit.

Yeah, everything was demons with them.

• Thanks 1