Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tories divided over racism claims


pellinore

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Frank Hester, who has donated £10 million to the Tory Party over the last 2 years does not deny what he is quoted as saying, but says the remarks were made in a private meeting. In view of the govt's concerns over racial hatred over Gazza, and threats to MPs, Keir Starmer has demanded that Rishi Sunak return the donations.

The Tories are divided over their biggest ever donor saying the longest-serving Black MP Diane Abbott ‘should be shot’ and makes people ‘want to hate all black women’.

Work and Pensions Secretary Mel Stride refused to describe businessman Frank Hester’s comments as racist during an interview with Sky News.

He said: ‘I don’t think what he was saying was a gender-based or a race-based comment, but it was clearly inappropriate.

‘He has apologised, and I think we need to move on from that. ’Tories divided over biggest donor saying Diane Abbott ‘should be shot’ | UK News | Metro News

 

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Frank Hester, who has donated £10 million to the Tory Party over the last 2 years does not deny what he is quoted as saying, but says the remarks were made in a private meeting. In view of the govt's concerns over racial hatred over Gazza, and threats to MPs, Keir Starmer has demanded that Rishi Sunak return the donations.

The Tories are divided over their biggest ever donor saying the longest-serving Black MP Diane Abbott ‘should be shot’ and makes people ‘want to hate all black women’.

Work and Pensions Secretary Mel Stride refused to describe businessman Frank Hester’s comments as racist during an interview with Sky News.

He said: ‘I don’t think what he was saying was a gender-based or a race-based comment, but it was clearly inappropriate.

‘He has apologised, and I think we need to move on from that. ’Tories divided over biggest donor saying Diane Abbott ‘should be shot’ | UK News | Metro News

 

Perhaps she is a nightmare and it was driven by the guy being enraged lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duke Wellington said:

Perhaps she is a nightmare and it was driven by the guy being enraged lol.

I cannot stand her. I turn my car radio off if she is ever interviewed on anything. Though I think it strange that just now, when Gove is trying to introduce a bill to curb extremism and antisemitism, not only is most of it coming from his own party (Anderson- now Reform, Braverman, etc) half of the Tory MPs are unable to recognise racism even when it is spelled out to them- "shoot all black people". They suspect it is somehow wrong, but they don't think it is racist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

I cannot stand her. I turn my car radio off if she is ever interviewed on anything. Though I think it strange that just now, when Gove is trying to introduce a bill to curb extremism and antisemitism, not only is most of it coming from his own party (Anderson- now Reform, Braverman, etc) half of the Tory MPs are unable to recognise racism even when it is spelled out to them- "shoot all black people". They suspect it is somehow wrong, but they don't think it is racist.

There is an election coming.

This is the internal politics from those who didn`t get selected to stand worming their way in by eliminating those who got selected. Politiking haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Duke Wellington said:

There is an election coming.

This is the internal politics from those who didn`t get selected to stand worming their way in by eliminating those who got selected. Politiking haha.

Well, the reason why Frank Hester is being protected is because he gave the Tory party £10m ---as a reward for more than £400m of NHS and prison contracts in the last eight years. On top of that he received over £100m for PPE during Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Duke Wellington said:

Ah, counter politics, where`s my popcorn?

Or put another way 'it's ok when we do it' ...kinda thing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see labour ever being in a similar position, oh hang on. 

MULTI-MILLION POUND DONOR TO LABOUR SAYS HAMAS ARE “FREEDOM FIGHTERS”

"Long time Labour Party donor Dale Vince has given Starmer’s party at least £2.5 million to date, including a £1 million cheque late last year. He’s recently launched an initiative calling for the youth of Britain to vote Labour. 

If Labour thinks donors’ cash donations should be returned when they say extreme things, what do they make of Vince’s views? Late last year on Times Radio, after saying that Hamas should be able to defend itself, Vince stated that “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter“. When challenged on the fact that saying Hamas are freedom fighters isn’t the official Labour position, Vince said: “This is my view, this is how I feel“. When can we expect Starmer to announce that the £2.5 million will be returned?" 

https://order-order.com/2024/03/13/multi-million-pound-donor-to-labour-says-hamas-are-freedom-fighters/ 

Lets see who gives the money back first. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.