Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clive Palmer refloats Titanic II plans 10 years after first announcement

Still Waters

The billionaire mining magnate Clive Palmer has vowed to build a vessel “far, far superior than the original” as he unveiled designs for his Titanic II project – again.

Palmer hired a room at Sydney Opera House on Wednesday to let the world know his vision of building a to-scale replica of the doomed ocean liner would finally come to be.

Yet after distributing a press release to journalists in which he promised his company Blue Star Line would construct “the ship of love and the ultimate in style and luxury”, Palmer acknowledged he hadn’t yet secured a shipyard.

It was almost 10 years to the day since Palmer held a very similar press conference at London’s Ritz Hotel to “launch” his Titanic II dream.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/mar/13/clive-palmer-titanic-ii-relaunch-plans-sydney-opera-house

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"It's a lot more fun to do the Titanic than it is to sit at home and count my money."

There are many, many, many better (and not even purely altruistic) uses for the money.  Clown.

• Thanks 2

0F3B78C0-3845-46B6-866E-3A5526A937C7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

GInglvhWkAARV3X?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/13/2024 at 8:27 PM, Cho Jinn said:

"It's a lot more fun to do the Titanic than it is to sit at home and count my money."

There are many, many, many better (and not even purely altruistic) uses for the money.  Clown.

I applaud him for doing this.   It'll put allot of people to work and he will have a finished product.  I'm sure added safety features will be part of it.  

Let's hope he springs for the actual Playstation controllers and not some knockoffs
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, sludgehammer said:

Let's hope he springs for the actual Playstation controllers and not some knockoffs

Hey now, $2.59 on Wish.com!

• 1 month later...
Can’t wait for Titanic III!

On 3/14/2024 at 10:27 AM, Cho Jinn said:

Go easy on poor old Chive Parmigiana.

He's a hard working politician.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Rh6GTHN-cWjK54vdIX2

• Haha 4

On 3/16/2024 at 1:18 PM, Myles said:

I applaud him for doing this.   It'll put allot of people to work and he will have a finished product.  I'm sure added safety features will be part of it.  

Another sizzlers of the sea, only for the rich

3 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Another sizzlers of the sea, only for the rich

While I agree, at least he is spending his money.

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

While I agree, at least he is spending his money.

He promised he would build it 10 years ago. Now he is promising again. I think Clive Palmer is into promoting himself only. Let’s see

• Like 3