Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for serious help from a psychic

josey1996

We have had problems with an infrasound in our apartment for a long time now and nobody is able to find the source. The janitors do not have any equipment that can detect infrasound so we cant locate the source. This is a very big problem, one bedroom cannot even be used anymore. There are vibrations in the floor. I am wondering if a psychic can locate the source of the infrasound ?

• Like 2

Hi josey :st. Welcome to UM.

I'm not a psychic and so can only offer a practical suggestion: would your local council be able to carry out the test you want?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi josey :st. Welcome to UM.

I'm not a psychic and so can only offer a practical suggestion: would your local council be able to carry out the test you want?

They already have been here, we rent the apartment so they have sent out janitors but they do not have the right equipment. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How do you know it's infrasound?

We think it most likely is that because only one of us can hear it while others feel it more as vibrations which is how low frequency tends to feel. We also get pressure in the ears. One of the janitors can also hear it clearly and he says he is able to hear low frequency sounds, but he cant tell where it's coming from.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ell said:

Maybe use a dog to locate the source?

Sadly we have no dog. Can we use a cat? 😅 And how?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, josey1996 said:

Sadly we have no dog. Can we use a cat? 😅 And how?

If you cannot find a dog within one hundred kilometres, then go to a nearby farmer and ask if you may borrow one of his infrasound sensitive cows.

The source of the infrasound may be a long distance away, though. Even thousands of kilometres away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, josey1996 said:

We think it most likely is that because only one of us can hear it while others feel it more as vibrations which is how low frequency tends to feel. We also get pressure in the ears. One of the janitors can also hear it clearly and he says he is able to hear low frequency sounds, but he cant tell where it's coming from.

Sure it's not a low level electrical hum.

• Like 1

Would that create vibrations in floor and walls? It sounds like an engine running constantly... The vibrations we feel in the floors mostly but also in the walls. We have tried turning off the electricity to check if the sound went away but it made no difference, however since we live in an apartment building we cant turn off the electricity in the entire house. The power has gone out a few times. A couple years ago a wire broke in the apartment and caused a big power outing, sparks flying. Not sure if that could've caused some damage to wires in the wall? But the noise and vibrations are in the entire apartment though. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, josey1996 said:

We have had problems with an infrasound in our apartment for a long time now and nobody is able to find the source. The janitors do not have any equipment that can detect infrasound so we cant locate the source. This is a very big problem, one bedroom cannot even be used anymore. There are vibrations in the floor. I am wondering if a psychic can locate the source of the infrasound ?

What floor are you on and if you are above the 1st floor, who lives below you?   

16 minutes ago, josey1996 said:

Would that create vibrations in floor and walls? It sounds like an engine running constantly... The vibrations we feel in the floors mostly but also in the walls. We have tried turning off the electricity to check if the sound went away but it made no difference, however since we live in an apartment building we cant turn off the electricity in the entire house. The power has gone out a few times. A couple years ago a wire broke in the apartment and caused a big power outing, sparks flying. Not sure if that could've caused some damage to wires in the wall? But the noise and vibrations are in the entire apartment though. 

Do you know of any heavy equipment in the basement or the HVAC system might be loose?  If enough electrical current is running through wires they tend to hum. 

The vibrations could possible a water issue. How's the ventilation in your apartment? Any Co2 issues? One final thought. Is there a subway system nearby? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, josey1996 said:

Hi Josey

Many years ago I worked in a building that I could hear something that some others couldn't and it turned out to be the alarm system when it was turned off. maybe you have an electronic device that is making the signal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Josey

Many years ago I worked in a building that I could hear something that some others couldn't and it turned out to be the alarm system when it was turned off. maybe you have an electronic device that is making the signal

We have no alarm system in our apartment. We have lights out in the stairwell that turn on by themselves when they sense movement, they are very sensitive it seems as if we just walk through the hallway towards the frontdoor the lights turn on out there... (we see it through the peephole in the frontdoor). Those automatic lights are pretty new, dont remember exactly when they installed that system but a few years ago and this issue we're having started in autumn of 2022. Maybe they could have cause some kind of noise no idea but it's the only thing I can think of that's new in the building anyway. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do you know of any heavy equipment in the basement or the HVAC system might be loose?  If enough electrical current is running through wires they tend to hum. 

The vibrations could possible a water issue. How's the ventilation in your apartment? Any Co2 issues? One final thought. Is there a subway system nearby? 

We just had the ventilation system in our apartment fixed, so that was not the issue. We have neighbours below us (we live on the second floor) so not sure if it could be something in the basement, more likely the neighbours in that case...

We have considered water pipes being the issue as well. The visible water pipes in the bathroom are very rusty, and we have noticed the vibrations worsening a bit if we run a lot of water or if the neighbours do. Not sure about Co2 or what could cause such an issue in the apartment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, josey1996 said:

We just had the ventilation system in our apartment fixed, so that was not the issue. We have neighbours below us (we live on the second floor) so not sure if it could be something in the basement, more likely the neighbours in that case...

We have considered water pipes being the issue as well. The visible water pipes in the bathroom are very rusty, and we have noticed the vibrations worsening a bit if we run a lot of water or if the neighbours do. Not sure about Co2 or what could cause such an issue in the apartment. 

Thank you for answering my questions. I'm all out of ideas, but I do hope this issue can be resolved.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, josey1996 said:

We have no alarm system in our apartment. We have lights out in the stairwell that turn on by themselves when they sense movement, they are very sensitive it seems as if we just walk through the hallway towards the frontdoor the lights turn on out there... (we see it through the peephole in the frontdoor). Those automatic lights are pretty new, dont remember exactly when they installed that system but a few years ago and this issue we're having started in autumn of 2022. Maybe they could have cause some kind of noise no idea but it's the only thing I can think of that's new in the building anyway. 

Hi Josey

Okay thanks for the response and might suggest checking the light outside to see if it has 2 adjustments on the light for sensitivity and one for time on. that may help with the walking near the door thing but not for the issue at hand. You may have several electronic devices that do not shut completely down that may be experiencing wear like one of those Alexa speakers or remotes and giving a hum which you should be able to walk around the room and pinpoint 

. The vibration that others feel rather than hear likely isn't vibrating the walls or floors and is at a frequency they can feel like a dog whistle, mind you the vibes from bass woofers at low volume might give the same effect, I never have mine turned down low really except after 9 pm Sun-Thurs and 11 on the weekend do turn it down so that  my whole room doesn't vibrate and I can feel and hear it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, josey1996 said:

If only one of you can hear it ...how can any of you 'feel' it.  And who is the 'one' who can hear this 'infra'sound?  Infrasounds are by definition inaudible to the human ear.

I would suggest having the one who claims to hear an 'infrasound' examined by doctors.  First, an ENT doctor (ear, nose and throat) and secondly perhaps a psychiatrist.

28 minutes ago, joc said:

If only one of you can hear it ...how can any of you 'feel' it.  And who is the 'one' who can hear this 'infra'sound?  Infrasounds are by definition inaudible to the human ear.

Despite the general understanding that infrasound is inaudible, humans, apparently, can perceive it, if the level is sufficiently high.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15273023/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

I would suggest having the one who claims to hear an 'infrasound' examined by doctors.  First, an ENT doctor (ear, nose and throat) and secondly perhaps a psychiatrist.

Some people can hear certain frrequencies that are supposed to be inaudible to the human ear.   I think it is that some people don't ignore information that most do.    I heard an earthquake before I felt it (a low rumble).   My daughter did not hear it.   I also used to be able to hear dog whistles when I was young.  We all loose some of our hearing as we get older.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Some people can hear certain frrequencies that are supposed to be inaudible to the human ear.   I think it is that some people don't ignore information that most do.    I heard an earthquake before I felt it (a low rumble).   My daughter did not hear it.   I also used to be able to hear dog whistles when I was young.  We all loose some of our hearing as we get older.

But...if one person hears it, but no one else does...But...they can 'feel' the vibrations?  Please!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Despite the general understanding that infrasound is inaudible, humans, apparently, can perceive it, if the level is sufficiently high.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15273023/

From your link:

Some investigations give evidence of persons with an extraordinary sensitivity in the low and infrasonic frequency range, but further research is needed in order to confirm and explain this phenomenon.

but then there is this:

The ear is the primary organ for sensing infrasound, but at levels somewhat above the hearing threshold it is possible to feel vibrations in various parts of the body. 

So, if no one else can hear the inaudible frequency, then no can feel it either.  I uphold my original thought and claim the link you provided as proof that, not only am I correct...I also  know what I'm talking about. :)

Edited by joc

35 minutes ago, joc said:

But...if one person hears it, but no one else does...But...they can 'feel' the vibrations?  Please!

What?

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

What?

Well...this:

Only a small percent of people can hear infrasound waves.  And that isn't even proven.  But no one, as far as I know, can 'feel' infrasound waves.  In order to 'feel' those vibrations, the waves must be higher than what normally anyone can hear.  

So...I don't think that person is hearing infrasound waves.  And I am certain the 'friends' are not feeling them.