Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rishi Sunak inches closer to signing huge post-Brexit trade deal worth billions

pellinore

Posted (edited)

Great news! The UK has far more in common with Asia and Africa than Europe. We will soon get used to hearing Hindi, Bengali, and Marathi languages and enjoy embracing more multi-culturalism.

Rishi Sunak and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi have hailed recent progress on an historic post-Brexit trade deal.

The Daily Express last week revealed London is inching closer to striking a “really huge” deal with New Delhi.

India, which is set to become the world’s third largest economy, would be the biggest country yet to strike a free trade agreement (FTA) with the UK since it left the EU's trading system in 2021.

Britain hopes the FTA will open up trade in whisky and cars to India as well as services and investment opportunities, while New Delhi wants better access for manufactured goods, services and work visas.

Rishi Sunak inches closer to signing huge post-Brexit trade deal worth billions | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pellinore said:

Great news! The UK has far more in common with Asia and Africa than Europe. We will soon get used to hearing Hindi, Bengali, and Marathi languages and enjoy embracing more multi-culturalism.

Rishi Sunak and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi have hailed recent progress on an historic post-Brexit trade deal.

The Daily Express last week revealed London is inching closer to striking a “really huge” deal with New Delhi.

India, which is set to become the world’s third largest economy, would be the biggest country yet to strike a free trade agreement (FTA) with the UK since it left the EU's trading system in 2021.

Britain hopes the FTA will open up trade in whisky and cars to India as well as services and investment opportunities, while New Delhi wants better access for manufactured goods, services and work visas.

Rishi Sunak inches closer to signing huge post-Brexit trade deal worth billions | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

oh well India is more than a little 'shaped' by its connection to the UK and vice versa too. And cool I mean also from global politics point of view speaking. If this pulls India closer to the Uk it pulls it closer to the 'West' and that can be only good for all of us.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MrsGently said:

oh well India is more than a little 'shaped' by its connection to the UK and vice versa too. And cool I mean also from global politics point of view speaking. If this pulls India closer to the Uk it pulls it closer to the 'West' and that can be only good for all of us.

I'm not sure the decision to cut relations with Europe was driven by the idea of closer international relations. I think Vinnie Jones (ex-footballer who was wealthy enough to get into the news and also emigrate to California) said in 2013:

“It’s not the country I grew up in. It’s a European country now. If someone blindfolded you and put you on a plane in LA, and you landed at Heathrow and they took it off, you wouldn’t have a clue where you were.”

The 48-year-old, who was born in Watford, said he wasn’t familiar with Ukip, but insisted “I just think we should get our own house in order before we open our doors. It’s mind-boggling to me.”Vinnie Jones claims immigration has made England unrecognisable and 'not the country I grew up in' | The Independent | The Independent

was expressing the views of many, and it wasn't about opening our doors to increasing immigration from India and Asia.

Personally, I like being part of Europe. We have a shared culture, cuisine and religion. I love the Greek islands, the Algarve, Spain and Germany, especially the places off the beaten track.

I read recently that the decision in 2016 to cut ties with our own continent and forge new ties around the world has changed Britain forever. Immigration will continue at 250k - 400k per year from around the world. We have replaced FOM and seasonal workers for settled immigrant families from tens of thousands of miles away.

I pretty sure Vinnie, if he felt oppressed by seeing Polish corner shops and Slovakian farm workers, will be less impressed with the new mosques and Indian and Asian communities which will be springing up in our cities. Yet his are the views that have brought this about. The Law of Unintended Consequences.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1