Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Award-winning fish and chip shop ordered to take down Union flag

pellinore

Posted (edited)

Now Michael Gove has proposed a new extremism act, perhaps we will see less of this deliberate provocation.

In 2016, the town hall ordered him to remove a much larger sign – about 17 feet high – featuring a very similar design, from above the door.

He relented after a two-year battle and a petition of support, which attracted more than 3,000 signatures when he was faced with being taken to court.

“It’s just something to put a smile on people’s faces,” he said. “But the council said “this is a preservation area – you can’t have that and you’ve got to paint over it. They also said people had been complaining, but I don’t believe that. Everyone who has talked to me say they love it”. Award-winning fish and chip shop ordered to take down Union flag (msn.com)

Edited by pellinore

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pellinore

• Setton

• ouija ouija

• TigerBright19

20 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Now Michael Gove has proposed a new extremism act, perhaps we will see less of this deliberate provocation.

In 2016, the town hall ordered him to remove a much larger sign – about 17 feet high – featuring a very similar design, from above the door.

He relented after a two-year battle and a petition of support, which attracted more than 3,000 signatures when he was faced with being taken to court.

“It’s just something to put a smile on people’s faces,” he said. “But the council said “this is a preservation area – you can’t have that and you’ve got to paint over it. They also said people had been complaining, but I don’t believe that. Everyone who has talked to me say they love it”. Award-winning fish and chip shop ordered to take down Union flag (msn.com)

So nothing to do with it being a union flag in the mural. Just someone defacing historic buildings in a preservation area.

7 hours ago, Setton said:

So nothing to do with it being a union flag in the mural. Just someone defacing historic buildings in a preservation area.

I prefer to see this as an example of Londonistan ignoring the right any true-born Englishman has to display the Union flag wherever he wishes; or an immigrant trying to provoke racial tension. Either way, the Govester (as we affectionately call him) has introduced new guidelines to restore racial and cultural harmony.

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

I prefer to see this as an example of Londonistan ignoring the right any true-born Englishman has to display the Union flag wherever he wishes; or an immigrant trying to provoke racial tension. 

Well you can keep that delusion if you want but it doesn't reflect the content of the article. He'd have to take down the mural even if it didn't feature the union flag.

Neither of the signs fit in with the old buildings around them so I think it's right that they are removed.

11 hours ago, Setton said:

Well you can keep that delusion if you want but it doesn't reflect the content of the article. He'd have to take down the mural even if it didn't feature the union flag.

The Telegraph didn't take the trouble to write and publish the article to endorse planning regulations in a preservation area (although you are correct, that was the reason for the decision). It was intended to stoke the culture/woke/immigration wars: Lefty council wanting to ban Union flags. I also wanted to mention Gove's redefinition of extremism in the same week that the PM sent his minions out to deny Frank Hester had made a racist or extreme comment (shooting MPs and condemning all black women has to be crossing a line somewhere). Sometimes my baited hooks are too subtle (or maybe too boring).

16 hours ago, pellinore said:

I prefer to see this as an example of Londonistan ignoring the right any true-born Englishman has to display the Union flag wherever he wishes; or an immigrant trying to provoke racial tension. Either way, the Govester (as we affectionately call him) has introduced new guidelines to restore racial and cultural harmony.

Imagine if it happened in Belfast.

Riots on the streets as the Union flag was removed from Belfast city hall.

IMG-20240317-235309.jpg

IMG-20240317-235345.jpg

IMG-20240317-235202.jpg

IMG-20240317-235117.jpg

Screenshot-2024-03-17-23-49-34-36.jpg

IMG-20240318-000806.jpg

• Like 1