Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada is becoming a third world country

qxcontinuum

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

In my book, since people can in fact be killed with one punch it's reasonable to use deadly force defending yourself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393

If one punch can kill deadly force doesn't require weapons. 

Hands are pretty common. So everyone who has hands are also armed. 

What you are advocating is an unfair advantage. 

You say you enjoy petty arguments. Is that why you are concerned? Do you feel you are likely to get yourself into an altercation? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

This is very true, however for me Canada represents the place I live aka GTA , and the place my vehicle got stolen. When Police came in my house while I was filling a report, had the nerve to laugh on my face and tell me that by now is probably in a container, sealed. They didn't even bothered looking at cameras. Alberta, NFL and to some respect Montreal are much better places to be in, right now. 

There we go. 

Straight up were onto a different story. Now it's your suburb as opposed to Canada that you describe as third world. 

Because your car got stolen. Ok, the cop wound you up. Perhaps it's how you asked the question. Perhaps the cop was just a jerk. 

That's not third world. It's not even close.

"The one who hates Kittens" is apparently in USA and has only live a shorter amount of time in Canada. He or she remembers Canada is it was in its glory days. Montreal has much better control of its crimes since thanks to the language policing and ultranationalistic regulations, they tend to control immigration better. Francois LeGault tactics and politics have just recently been highlighted as negative by Trudeau again. Consider QC as the Texas of Canada in terms of border controls and strange laws. 

What about Jay. He's a good poster with a calm demeanour and paints a pretty good picture of Canada. You don't have guns rampant, you don't have regular school shootings and you don't have Trump. Sounds better than America tbh.

There are over 4 million gun owners in Canada and we don't have the same problems as USA. Not yet, because policing has been good until now.

And because your car got pinched you want to change that and make everything worse? 

Guns make things worse not better. 

However thanks to police inefficiency and liberal lessen of penalties, things may start to get ugly. As the case of a Milton men who defended himself in his own house using his firearm. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ali-mian-milton-charges-dropped-murder-1.6923046 

"We're not Texas, we're not Florida with Stand Your Ground, where everybody can walk around with a concealed carry weapon," Goldkind said on Monday. "The fact that there's a lawfully registered firearm in the home here is important. But for pure self-defence, if you're met with the threat of imminent harm, something very serious coming your way, your life is in danger, you are allowed to use as much force as is reasonably necessary to protect yourself." 

All the crimes and shootings are committed by criminals who smuggles weapons and even prints them. It is known amongs gangs and criminals that in home invasions, if owners are home they get killed as they could later identify the perpetuator.

And introducing more will arm them as well as American criminals are armed which can only make crime worse. Right now you have to worry about smugglers. Imagine your criminals with immediate access. 

So yes, a firearm is needed to fight another one to protect yourlife and the family. If you plan to defend yourself during home invation with a cell phone calling 911 or think that if you cooperate they may let you live, you're just too naive. 

No it most certainly is not 

Let's put this into perspective 

Your car got stolen. Now you're angry and want to shoot people.

That's actually why you shouldn't be allowed within 100 meters of a gun. 

You're over reacting and exharcerbating the subject. Since facing a backlash of fury across Ontario and the world, even European news agencies having made this thing public, Police is apparently now backing up ... 

https://www.narcity.com/toronto/toronto-police-backing-off-weird-advice-to-leave-car-keys-at-door 

furthermore today so many other Canadians like me, are finding this frustrating, this is shared now in news and media . https://www.news18.com/world/toronto-police-8816075.html 

Right 

So let's look at these links ok 

European news agencies are into this sre they? Your link says after backlash the Toronto police stopped issuing the advice 

And it states one officer made the recommendation. 

An officer at a recent community meeting suggested that people leave the keys to their vehicle in a faraday bag by the front door,”

One person isn't the Toronto police force.

One person making a suggestion isn't the description of a third world country. The news are reporting that, not some hysterical reaction. 

The police force officially stated it was one officer and that they admit there are better options.

But I don't see you mention that. 

It puts your claims in perspective..

This is a you problem. Not Canada's problem.

Or you second link. 

Locals are outraged? Ok. What's the link say? 

Toronto Police in Canada are facing a barrage of criticism online for what some are calling their “shrug emoji” response to the surge of car thefts wreaking havoc in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

And two rants posted, which were probably you and...

Ohhhh shrug emojis.

You Canadians are pretty darn harsh when you want to be aren't you. Shrug emojis are a bit rough don't you think? A barrage of shrug emojis!!! Look out, we've got a badass people. 

I won't be surprised to hear the cop will be disciplined. 

The one that laughed at you? Did you make a complaint? Probably a good idea. Sounds like two cops in Canada could use a little guidance when dealing with the public. The one that laughed at you could use some etiquette training and the one who didn't expect his colleagues to pay for his comment but did anyway. He needs to learn to deal with snowflakes better. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

How about those people whose cars were stolen 3 times including the rental... although I am not in their place I could use my empathy to think through their perspective . How will they move on and to what? Not buying a car, not renting one? Like this women:  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-woman-car-stolen-auto-theft-summit-1.7110015 

The problem with liberals and their inefficiency is not just commonly shared across 65% of Canadians ready to vote conservatives according to the latest polls, but also shared by law enforcement who are demanding the federal government to eliminate gaps from the justice system, to put back older laws for theft and petty crimes , to put a cap on immigration and to chase down the criminal gangs. 

Now see, this is what happens when you listen to the Conservative fear mongering. Y'know like the Repubs do in the U.S. Especially Capt. Short pants Pierre Poliver. He's a first class shiat disturber

By the way, your whining is definitely not Canadian. Conservative yes, but not Canadian. If the city is to scary for tou, move out to the sticks. Pretty peaceful where I live.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There we go. 

Straight up were onto a different story. Now it's your suburb as opposed to Canada that you describe as third world. 

Because your car got stolen. Ok, the cop wound you up. Perhaps it's how you asked the question. Perhaps the cop was just a jerk. 

That's not third world. It's not even close.

What about Jay. He's a good poster with a calm demeanour and paints a pretty good picture of Canada. You don't have guns rampant, you don't have regular school shootings and you don't have Trump. Sounds better than America tbh.

And because your car got pinched you want to change that and make everything worse? 

Guns make things worse not better. 

And introducing more will arm them as well as American criminals are armed which can only make crime worse. Right now you have to worry about smugglers. Imagine your criminals with immediate access. 

No it most certainly is not 

Let's put this into perspective 

Your car got stolen. Now you're angry and want to shoot people.

That's actually why you shouldn't be allowed within 100 meters of a gun. 

Right 

So let's look at these links ok 

European news agencies are into this sre they? Your link says after backlash the Toronto police stopped issuing the advice 

And it states one officer made the recommendation. 

An officer at a recent community meeting suggested that people leave the keys to their vehicle in a faraday bag by the front door,”

One person isn't the Toronto police force.

One person making a suggestion isn't the description of a third world country. The news are reporting that, not some hysterical reaction. 

The police force officially stated it was one officer and that they admit there are better options.

But I don't see you mention that. 

It puts your claims in perspective..

This is a you problem. Not Canada's problem.

Or you second link. 

Locals are outraged? Ok. What's the link say? 

Toronto Police in Canada are facing a barrage of criticism online for what some are calling their “shrug emoji” response to the surge of car thefts wreaking havoc in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

And two rants posted, which were probably you and...

Ohhhh shrug emojis.

You Canadians are pretty darn harsh when you want to be aren't you. Shrug emojis are a bit rough don't you think? A barrage of shrug emojis!!! Look out, we've got a badass people. 

The one that laughed at you? Did you make a complaint? Probably a good idea. Sounds like two cops in Canada could use a little guidance when dealing with the public. The one that laughed at you could use some etiquette training and the one who didn't expect his colleagues to pay for his comment but did anyway. He needs to learn to deal with snowflakes better. 

Thank you for your common sense eloquence. 👏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thank you for your common sense eloquence. 👏 

Cheers Hank 

From Canada to Toronto to Toronto police force to one officer. 

We're getting to the real story here. His car got stolen. Sure I get that and how angry he would be about that. It's a crappy thing to have happen. And if the police did laugh at him, it wouldn't improve the situation. That's pretty ordinary behaviour from a law officer. But blaming the country and wanting to shoot people is over reacting. A lot. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

But blaming the country and wanting to shoot people is over reacting. A lot. 

Your sentence is a exacerbation of the statement I made:  Defending the propriety with a shotgun if i lived in USA. 

In an hypotetical scenario of a home invasion, criminals would leave the premises if a gun is present and the use of it is not necessary. 

To your point

"You don't have guns rampant, you don't have regular school shootings and you don't have Trump. Sounds better than America tbh." 

My response accordind to my reserch; there are over 6 million of firearms registered in Canada with 4.5 million registered gun owners . The fact we don't have mass shootings and issues like in the USA is because the vetting process is solid and whomever is given a liceence is a responsible owner. 

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

By the way, your whining is definitely not Canadian. Conservative yes, but not Canadian. If the city is to scary for tou, move out to the sticks. Pretty peaceful where I live.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3x21PaLju8/?igsh=Y3g2ODl2YnQ5eHVj

Are you talking about this type of videos Pierre is sharing ? There real regardless of his motives. When you have kids , you should care about where you live. "My winning" is very Canadian according to the news: there's an outcry coming from citizens asking the government to step in, every day.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Your sentence is a exacerbation of the statement I made:  

Get used to it. It's pretty much the MO of so-called Progressives daily routine. 

images(2).jpeg.7760a4137ed1b51d1e01aa5a9fd5f4b8.jpeg

Edited by acidhead

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Get used to it. It's pretty much the MO of so-called Progressives daily routine. 

The Progressive Liberal of today is an oxymoron label.  They would be more apt to use the label Regressive Liberal or simply drop Liberal all together.  

😂

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Cheers Hank 

We're getting to the real story here. His car got stolen. Sure I get that and how angry he would be about that. It's a crappy thing to have happen. And if the police did laugh at him, it wouldn't improve the situation. That's pretty ordinary behaviour from a law officer. But blaming the country and wanting to shoot people is over reacting. A lot. 

How fast you resolved the problem! 😀

In a world where representatives of institutions , can say whatever they want people should take everything with a grain of salt right? I bet a few thousent Canadians at least,  have bough a Faraday cage and started hanging the keys at the door since police have advised to doing so. After all, Canadians are law abiding trustworthy  citizens listening to police and officials , and so we must. Right? 

Wrong , because in a democratic society , single individuals encountering bad experiences, loopholes and gaps have discovered after doing research that there's thousents like them facing same problems and have started advocating for a change , enough to get attention of politicians and lobysts. It happened a lot. 

Edited by qxcontinuum

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Cheers Hank 

Playing Devil’s advocate, if the cops are the way he imagines them to be, going out and acting like a violent crazy tool will only give them a legit excuse to put him down. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

In a world where representatives of institutions , can say whatever they want people should take everything with a grain of salt right? I bet a few thousent Canadians at least,  have bough a Faraday cage and started hanging the keys at the door since police have advised to doing so. After all, Canadians are law abiding trustworthy  citizens listening to police and officials , and so we must. Right? 

Wrong , because in a democratic society , single individuals encountering bad experiences, loopholes and gaps have discovered after doing research that there's thousents like them facing same problems and have started advocating for a change , enough to get attention of politicians and lobysts. It happened a lot. 

Write to your local member and the Minister.  They will jave to respond to you.

Or yoi could just vent anonymously on the intetnet.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Actually many states in recent years have gotten rid of concealed carry permits,and several states actually allow open carry...

I've personally never liked the idea of open carry myself.

I remember Texas used to and in New Mexico you can open carry but need a permit for concealed carry.   But in New Mexico if a police person stops you and sees a gun they are trained so badly they are very likely to shoot you wiithout asking any questions.   In Arizona that is not a danger.   When I lived in Texas I remember a few men walking into the Walmart with a gun strapped on and the midwestern  immigrants would have a hissy fit but it was legal until Walmart put signs up forbiding weapons on their premises. (unless of course, they were a walmart that sold guns).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If one punch can kill deadly force doesn't require weapons. 

Hands are pretty common. So everyone who has hands are also armed. 

What you are advocating is an unfair advantage. 

You say you enjoy petty arguments. Is that why you are concerned? Do you feel you are likely to get yourself into an altercation? 

Please quote where I said weapons.  I'm not about to try to participate in a fair fight I did not start and have no desire to be in and if someone attacks me and there is anything I can use as a weapon at hand they will be getting their skull cracked with it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I remember Texas used to and in New Mexico you can open carry but need a permit for concealed carry.   But in New Mexico if a police person stops you and sees a gun they are trained so badly they are very likely to shoot you wiithout asking any questions.   In Arizona that is not a danger.   When I lived in Texas I remember a few men walking into the Walmart with a gun strapped on and the midwestern  immigrants would have a hissy fit but it was legal until Walmart put signs up forbiding weapons on their premises. (unless of course, they were a walmart that sold guns).

A friend of mines uncle watched one to many Spaghetti Westerns growing up,first time you ever see him you'd swear his name was Tex,though he wasn't born anywhere near Texas 😆 

Oversized hat,s*** kicker boots,belt buckle that's about half his weight and a gun that would make Clint Eastwood cry attached to a bullet belt right on that hip...to add this guy is about 6'8 and around 160 lbs 🤣 

Went and helped him move some stuff once and he took us to get some food at a restaurant afterwards,the moment we walked through that door all eyes were on us...NEVER AGAIN!😆 

I only carry when I go to the bigger cities near me,a .38 snubby 5 shot is a damn fine defensive weapon...hell.38 got us through 2 WW's and police issued up through the early 90's,it's good enough for me.

• Like 2

I have wrote two letters to my local liberal MP about two different subjects and none was responded. 

I find interesting that everyone keeps telling me "your MP should respond" .., I have not received a single response and as far as i know many others haven't either. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Please quote where I said weapons.  I'm not about to try to participate in a fair fight I did not start and have no desire to be in and if someone attacks me and there is anything I can use as a weapon at hand they will be getting their skull cracked with it. 

Hypothetically speaking: in a break and entry with all the family members at home, since these criminals carry guns how can someone defend with bare hands or with sticks and other objects?  Isn't the statment "only a gun can fight another gun" correct in this case? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Only fair fight is a sanctioned fight,even those can be dubious...trust me!

If engaged in a confrontation in the streets now days either try to exit the area quickly or fight till the aggressor is either subdued or ko'ed...no one around is going to help you or stop it,most likely anyone around will be filming it on there phones.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I have wrote two letters to my local liberal MP about two different subjects and none was responded. 

I find interesting that everyone keeps telling me "your MP should respond" .., I have not received a single response and as far as i know many others haven't either. 

Hypothetically speaking: in a break and entry with all the family members at home, since these criminals carry guns how can someone defend with bare hands or with sticks and other objects?  Isn't the statment "only a gun can fight another gun" correct in this case? 

In my case I was talking about if I'm on the street or perhaps a pub and some random person decides they just have to be violent with me and don't give me an alternative but to fight I will use any means necessary to ensure I don't get injured and they do.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

A friend of mines uncle watched one to many Spaghetti Westerns growing up,first time you ever see him you'd swear his name was Tex,though he wasn't born anywhere near Texas 😆 

Oversized hat,s*** kicker boots,belt buckle that's about half his weight and a gun that would make Clint Eastwood cry attached to a bullet belt right on that hip...to add this guy is about 6'8 and around 160 lbs 🤣 

Went and helped him move some stuff once and he took us to get some food at a restaurant afterwards,the moment we walked through that door all eyes were on us...NEVER AGAIN!😆 

I only carry when I go to the bigger cities near me,a .38 snubby 5 shot is a damn fine defensive weapon...hell.38 got us through 2 WW's and police issued up through the early 90's,it's good enough for me.

That’s awesome man. Clint’s been my favorite actor since I was a kid. I always wanted to meet the guy. He makes other tall actors standing next to him look short.

I love spaghetti westerns bro. Especially Clint’s!! The Dollars trilogy are three of my favorite movies.

I’ve got a revolver. It’s all I need. I never bring it into NYC though. Been going there all my life, it’s where my family’s from. Never felt the slightest bit threatened or scared by anyone or anything and never had a problem either.

(Except when I accidentally parked in a tow away zone at the South Street Seaport one night and had to track my friggin’ car down, going over to the West Side to the only impound lot open 24 hrs in the whole damned city to retrieve it). 

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

That’s awesome man. Clint’s been my favorite actor since I was a kid. I always wanted to meet the guy. He makes other tall actors standing next to him look short.

I love spaghetti westerns bro. Especially Clint’s!! The Dollars trilogy are three of my favorite movies.

I’ve got a revolver. It’s all I need. I never bring it into NYC though. Been going there all my life, it’s where my family’s from. Never felt the slightest but threatened or scared by anyone or anything and never had a problem either.

Just stay away from the subways near Brooklyn!

I've trained in hand to hand combat since I was 8,I currently train others now,no way in hell I'd ride one of those at night unarmed 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Your sentence is a exacerbation of the statement I made:  Defending the propriety with a shotgun if i lived in USA. 

Explain how, because you posted a comment by a Canadian judge saying you have the right to protect yourself and said you want to be able to protect yourself with a gun. 

I pointed out what a ridiculous over reaction that is. And it is. 

Let's clarify this here and now. Are you saying you want easy access to guns in Canada or are you saying you would prefer to live in a gun culture orientated city in the US?.

In an hypotetical scenario of a home invasion, criminals would leave the premises if a gun is present and the use of it is not necessary. 

Naive. To say the least. 

You have Hollywood perception of gun culture. 

To your point

"You don't have guns rampant, you don't have regular school shootings and you don't have Trump. Sounds better than America tbh." 

My response accordind to my reserch; there are over 6 million of firearms registered in Canada with 4.5 million registered gun owners . The fact we don't have mass shootings and issues like in the USA is because the vetting process is solid and whomever is given a liceence is a responsible owner. 

You don't need to provide a response.

Canada has gun regulations. Canada recognises a gun is a privilege not a right. 

A good place to be. You should be proud of Canada's commitment to safer communities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, acidhead said:

You are so full of crap. 

Maybe you should use a shrug emoji as well to illustrate your anger along with other Canadians hey? 

Gosh you Canadians are harsh. Just throwing emojis about like nothing. Scary scary. No wonder your concerned with rampant emojis everywhere....... 

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Come on buttercup. You're talking to me now. You couldn't crack a hard boiled egg. 

• Haha 6

On 3/19/2024 at 1:15 AM, OverSword said:

@qxcontinuum Don't forget the ongoing efforts to stifle free speech rights. :tu:

Still looking for a Canadian that doesn't think your nuts? :lol:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

You did the work. 

Your own links watered down your claims. 

One policeman made a suggestion at a community meeting. 

There never was such advice from the Toronto police. 

You have exaggerated the situation greatly because you have been personally affected. I get that you are angry about that. Being irrational won't make things better though.

Are you still trying to say that the police force issued the advice?

Because it's been clearly established that that simply is not the case 

One officer at a community meeting made the suggestion.

Yet the police never said such a thing, and it was never offered as advice in an official capacity. 

What are you going to change? One police officer that you don't agree with? 

• Like 5