Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada is becoming a third world country

qxcontinuum

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yet the police never said such a thing, and it was never offered as advice in an official capacity.

I appreciate the efforts made to demonstrate that my comments have no real basis however I think you have not understood well my point and the press. The advice that officer has gave at a conference was formal on behalf of the organization he represents, therefore his comment being associated as coming from the force.

Even our premier Ford made a joke by saying he was picked up from the floor hearing the advice as we might as well leave Santa cookies at the door.

https://www.zoomerradio.ca/news/2024/03/15/doug-ford-floored-by-toronto-police-officers-auto-theft-prevention-advice/

The chief of police is calling out the fact that crimes in Toronto went up either 86% than the year before and situation is dire.

This is an official ringing the alarm bell if you think I exaggerate.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I appreciate the efforts made to demonstrate that my comments have no real basis however I think you have not understood well my point and the press. The advice that officer has made at a conference was formal on behalf of the organization he represents therefore his comment being associated as coming from the force.

No it was not.

Back to your op again.

At an Etobicoke safety meeting last month, Cst. Marco Ricciardi advised residents to leave their key fobs in a faraday pouch in a convenient place for thieves as a way to lessen the risk of violent confrontations.

The aforementioned meeting is a community project. It has nothing to do with Toronto police. The police issued a formal statement saying they don't agree, and that the officer in question was simply saying don't get killed over a replaceable item. They explained his intentions and offered their own separate advice. 

Even our premier Ford made a joke by saying he was picked up from the floor hearing the advice as we might as well leave Santa cookies at the door.

https://www.zoomerradio.ca/news/2024/03/15/doug-ford-floored-by-toronto-police-officers-auto-theft-prevention-advice/

Because he is an idiot perhaps? 

He should know better than anyone that it wasn't Toronto police but an officer's opinion. 

Further more the chief of police is calling out the fact that crimes in Toronto went up either 86% than the year before and situation is desperate. 

Listen an official ringing the alarm bell if you believe I exaggerate.

That only illustrates that the officer involved has best interests of people in mind when he made the comment. Not possessions. 

The claim is just a police beat up. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I appreciate the efforts made to demonstrate that my comments have no real basis however I think you have not understood well my point and the press. The advice that officer has gave at a conference was formal on behalf of the organization he represents, therefore his comment being associated as coming from the force.

The chief of police is calling out the fact that crimes in Toronto went up either 86% than the year before and situation is dire.

This is an official ringing the alarm bell if you think I exaggerate.

You're supposed to dig up, not down. You should stop before the inevitable cave-in. No matter how many times you say the same thing doesn't make it true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You are so full of crap. 

Maybe you should use a shrug emoji as well to illustrate your anger along with other Canadians hey? 

Gosh you Canadians are harsh. Just throwing emojis about like nothing. Scary scary. No wonder your concerned with rampant emojis everywhere....... 

Get a hold of yourself Auzzie! You're having a meltdown down there! 

Hahaha 

bgf8f8f8-flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.980eb081e71dec3cf32dd651bbf12505.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Loved this article . It literaly expressed how I feel.  Meanwhile I discovered hundreds of Canadians like me,  expressing frustration against a government who fails them on the matter and so much more. This was my last post on this subject.   

https://driving.ca/column/lorraine/lorraine-explains-stop-blaming-canadian-car-owners-for-theft/wcm/5e66ed20-6db8-4f52-b52a-56ccf70eeae3/amp/

Edited by qxcontinuum

17 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha 

bgf8f8f8-flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.980eb081e71dec3cf32dd651bbf12505.jpg

IMG_1446.jpeg.c319d22ed06ffef7e94f4f98c79c6a64.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, qxcontinuum said:

I am alienated opinionated and frustrated. I'd love to go to usa where I can defend my self and my propriety with a 12 gage .

And there we have it.

QX will feel safer in a country where people can be declared criminals at age 6, crime levels are 43% higher, rapes are 16 times more common, violent crimes are three times as common, violent crime murder rates are 23 times more common, opiate abuse is 42% more common, etc, etc (stats: https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

...and it's going to be safer because they can own a shotgun.

Owning a shotgun doesn't seem to do much to lower neighborhood theft, murder rates, rapes, drug abuse and overdoses, etc.... IMHO, of course.  I might be wrong but as a lifelong citizen of the US who's seen the changes after the gun fans took over, I'm rather skeptical.

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha 

Oh your God!!!!!

I see why qx is upset now. You Canadians might seem pretty friendly but then you drop the emojis out of nowhere. 

Harsh man, harsh. That hurt. 

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2024 at 2:34 PM, Edumakated said:

There are definitely some parts of the US that are third world in terms of violence.

Yes, and they tend to share at least one similarity.  They are "governed" by the Left.  Even in deep Red states, the major cities tend to be blue and have the same problems found in major blue cities in blue states.  When I was a young man I was less than proud of being from a podunk state like Alabama.  These days, I thank God every day that I live in a place where most of the rest of America wouldn't want to live.  I firmly believe in the adage "Live and let live".

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Oh your God!!!!!

I see why qx is upset now. You Canadians might seem pretty friendly but then you drop the emojis out of nowhere. 

Hi Psyche

All out of reactions

😆

Meanwhile as I sit downloading music on to a 256 gig thumb drive to see how many songs I can fit on it for driving in my car that might get stolen I somehow am not overly worried that someone will.

Where I grew up car thefts were regular, mom's was stolen 3 times and my sister in law twice as well as having my 72 ranchero stolen and wrapped around a tree. It's nothing new and just being used as a distraction from something else.

You know I know guys from 3rd world countries that had indoor plumbing and toilets before I did. This is a large landmass low density population developing country that needs immigrants to help develop resources so yes there will always be some bad apples but not enough to ruin the county. Canada would like to increase it's population to 350 million by the end of the century so not that I will live till then there will be many changes in this country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

Loved this article . It literaly expressed how I feel.  Meanwhile I discovered hundreds of Canadians like me,  expressing frustration against a government who fails them on the matter and so much more. This was my last post on this subject.   

https://driving.ca/column/lorraine/lorraine-explains-stop-blaming-canadian-car-owners-for-theft/wcm/5e66ed20-6db8-4f52-b52a-56ccf70eeae3/amp/

The person in the article seems to have a different view from what I read.

There is a ton of blame to go around with this issue. Manufacturers could be doing far more to protect their products – and the consumers who buy them. Law enforcement knows anyone they catch will be back on the streets in no time, meaning “hints” at tougher penalties aren’t enough. Insurance companies are bearing the heat of requiring some owners to purchase aftermarket solutions, something owners see as a punishment. It is

This person seems to not be solely blaming Toronto police. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Oh your God!!!!!

Meanwhile, in Queensland, it it has stopped raining for five minutes and it feels like it's over 30 again.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

All out of reactions

😆

:lol: :tu:

Meanwhile as I sit downloading music on to a 256 gig thumb drive to see how many songs I can fit on it for driving in my car that might get stolen I somehow am not overly worried that someone will.

Reminds me of my younger years when we had tape decks in cars.

When I bought a new album I used to copy it to a blank tape to listen to in my car. If the tape got stolen, I could make a new one. 

This was like when I was in my early twenties. A few decades ago now. 

Where I grew up car thefts were regular, mom's was stolen 3 times and my sister in law twice as well as having my 72 ranchero stolen and wrapped around a tree. It's nothing new and just being used as a distraction from something else.

Indeed, it's not a new thing and it's not restricted to Canada.

If the cop really did laugh in his face, I get why he is annoyed but qx likes to go the step too far I've noticed. He has made some pretty wild claims throughout the forum. 

You know I know guys from 3rd world countries that had indoor plumbing and toilets before I did. This is a large landmass low density population developing country that needs immigrants to help develop resources so yes there will always be some bad apples but not enough to ruin the county. Canada would like to increase it's population to 350 million by the end of the century so not that I will live till then there will be many changes in this country.

And mine no doubt. Immigrants bring lots of good things like foods and work methods that are time savers, as well as new ideas. I agree, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Meanwhile, in Queensland, it it has stopped raining for five minutes and it feels like it's over 30 again.

And.

It's Autumn!!!!! 

For all those who haven't been to Queensland Australia here's a brief outline of the place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Yes, and they tend to share at least one similarity.  They are "governed" by the Left.  Even in deep Red states, the major cities tend to be blue and have the same problems found in major blue cities in blue states.  When I was a young man I was less than proud of being from a podunk state like Alabama.  These days, I thank God every day that I live in a place where most of the rest of America wouldn't want to live.  I firmly believe in the adage "Live and let live".

Lol

Live and let live

UNLESS YOU'RE A DIRTY SATANIST BABY  EATING LEFTY!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

This(Canada) is a large landmass low density population developing country ...

Canada is not a developing country.  I see, reading the rest of your post what you're trying to to imply but by no means is Canada a developing country. Canada is considered globally as a first world country.  A developed country. 

Canada is a developed country because it has a sophisticated economy, a high standard of living, a high gross national product, high quality medical care and a very low infant mortality rate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Canada is not a developing country.  I see, reading the rest of your post what you're trying to to imply but by no means is Canada a developing country. Canada is considered globally as a first world country.  A developed country. 

Canada is a developed country because it has a sophisticated economy, a high standard of living, a high gross national product, high quality medical care and a very low infant mortality rate.

Hi Cid

Because of it's landmass population we can only fevelop so far as an economic force. Yes we have a high standard of living which is quite a feat considering how much infrastructure we have built. Russia is s near size landmass area or the old USSR was and they have twice our population yet their infrastructure is poorly developed after thousands of years of occupation.

Canafa has much resources to be developed and until they have a population that can support itself as a consumer base without relying on export sales to lower our cost of living.

I wasn't inferring that we are 3rd world and only a country of growth.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

:lol: :tu:

Reminds me of my younger years when we had tape decks in cars.

When I bought a new album I used to copy it to a blank tape to listen to in my car. If the tape got stolen, I could make a new one. 

This was like when I was in my early twenties. A few decades ago now. 

I loved having tape decks in my cars. Wish it was still an option.

• Like 2

As a Canadian, things have def. gone downhill fast under the current gov. 😕 Thats for sure. :(

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

All out of reactions

😆

Would the florida man being elected as president be a valid reason to put on an immigration request form?    I suspect if that happens a lot of people would want to immigrate to Canada from the south.   I heard it in 2016, but I don't know anyone who followed through then.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Come on buttercup. You're talking to me now. You couldn't crack a hard boiled egg. 

The best part of that post is I was eating a hard boiled egg when I read it :lol:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Still looking for a Canadian that doesn't think your nuts? :lol:

An obscure bassoon

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The best part of that post is I was eating a hard boiled egg when I read it :lol:

A crunchy boiled egg no doubt lol.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

A crunchy boiled egg no doubt lol.

Obvz 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Who cracked it for you :lol:

• Haha 2