Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theses for the Reconstruction of Ancient History

The Puzzler

Posted (edited)

I actually printed the Theses for the Reconstruction of Ancient History out in 2010, so no I didn’t pull it out of my ass yesterday…but these are from a link…Ages in Chaos.

But, it’s been something I’ve worked on and thought about for years now….it’s the only way we can reconcile it all….so it is not unexplained….or can it be explained a better way?

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler

• The title was changed to Theses for the Reconstruction of Ancient History

When I was a teenager one of the books I bought on mysteries had a chapter on Velikovsky. It got me curious about his works, so I ended up collecting all his titles from used book stores in NYC. I still have them. If nothing else they provided adventures in speculative thought, which I always enjoy.

There’s also good biography of the man himself called Stargazers and Gravediggers, as well as an account of the treatment Velikovsky received from parts of the astronomical community both before and after the publication of his first book Worlds in Collision called The Velikovsky Affair.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

When I was a teenager one of the books I bought on mysteries had a chapter on Velikovsky. It got me curious about his works, so I ended up collecting all his titles from used book stores in NYC. I still have them. If nothing else they provided adventures in speculative thought, which I always enjoy.

There’s also good biography of the man himself called Stargazers and Gravediggers, as well as an account of the treatment Velikovsky received from parts of the astronomical community both before and after the publication of his first book Worlds in Collision called The Velikovsky Affair.

I thought you had me on ignore lol….nah nice words of wisdom Antigonos…and we certainly should take it all with a grain of salt….but what if?

I myself have found the Trojan War at 900BC, made a topic…etc…how many Sargons was there? Which Flood myth is real? 
It’s a fun and thought-provoking or hostile-provoking topic if nothing else…sometimes the simple answers are the right ones.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can we have Abraham at 2000BC making deals with Hittites?

The Egyptian pharaohs are a story unto their own…

Is this what Plato was telling us in the Atlantis dialogues…what should we read into the timeframes he gives…? 
Do we actually have our heads in our asses here? So busy trying to discredit him, we are not listening….?

Edited by The Puzzler

Sesostris is probably Sheshonq, even though Sesostris is said to lived even a thousand years before…there is no way a 2000BC Sesostris sailed out of the Persian Gulf, headed east and came across shoals, except for the time the Indus Valley became obsolete, he was sailing to India  but it had been lost, leaving shoals in his way….this harks to the big A, but I won’t even mention it, because this theory belongs in a different realm, Sesostris does not date to when Wiki says…but as Sheshonq and to about 1100-900BC.

It can all be reconciled if we acknowledge what he says, In fact Velikovsky has a different Pharoah as Sesostris, he has Shishak, seemingly the same but this is my take on who he actually was….using Velikovsky reasoning. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

I thought you had me on ignore lol….nah nice words of wisdom Antigonos…and we certainly should take it all with a grain of salt….but what if?

I myself have found the Trojan War at 900BC, made a topic…etc…how many Sargons was there? Which Flood myth is real? 
It’s a fun and thought-provoking or hostile-provoking topic if nothing else…sometimes the simple answers are the right ones.

Agreed. I’ve often found that to be the case. And indulging in “what ifs” has always been for me a fun part of studying history and archaeology.

At the end of the day, I recognize that you’re an earnest seeker of knowledge. I’ll always give your posts a look and if I think I can offer something of value to your discussion, provide context for something  or recommend sources I will.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Agreed. I’ve often found that to be the case. And indulging in “what ifs” has always been for me a fun part of studying history and archaeology.

At the end of the day, I recognize that you’re an earnest seeker of knowledge. I’ll always give your posts a look and if I think I can offer something of value to your discussion, provide context for something  or recommend sources I will.

I am a seeker of knowledge…we will probably never be besties but thanks, I hope you find this an interesting topic/experiment in seeking more knowledge. 

Now, about that Egyptian chronology…

Up to eight centuries of retardation….it’s a big motza ball. But it makes more sense than the nonsense we are being said to believe…but that’s Ok if anyone wants to disbelieve his statements, I’m not here to make friends…

IMG_1168.jpeg

Devoid of a single synchronism….

IMG_1170.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

I actually printed the Theses for the Reconstruction of Ancient History out in 2010, so no I didn’t pull it out of my ass yesterday…but these are from a link…Ages in Chaos.

But, it’s been something I’ve worked on and thought about for years now….it’s the only way we can reconcile it all….so it is not unexplained….or can it be explained a better way?

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

What is the point you are trying to make here? And these are just random screen shots from a phone of the Velikovsky Wikipedia page. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

What is the point you are trying to make here? And these are just random screen shots from a phone of the Velikovsky Wikipedia page. 

No, they are random shots of the print out I wasted ink and paper on back in 2010.

Ive been staring at these print outs for 14 years. Then it dawned on me.

He’s right. That’s my point.

Posted (edited)

The real point here is ‘ can anyone say Velikovsky is actually wrong?”

Edited by The Puzzler

1 minute ago, Thanos5150 said:

What is the point you are trying to make here?

Apparently something about revising the chronology of the bronze age. If this interests you I recommend: Centuries of Darkness: A Challenge to the Conventional Chronology of Old World Archaeology. Or David Rohl's New Chronology of course. Then there is the general chronology of the near east which is a collection of several accepted speculative date ranges one can choose from. Discussed a bit HERE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thanos5150 said:

Apparently something about revising the chronology of the bronze age. If this interests you I recommend: Centuries of Darkness: A Challenge to the Conventional Chronology of Old World Archaeology. Or David Rohl's New Chronology of course. Then there is the general chronology of the near east which is a collection of several accepted speculative date ranges one can choose from. Discussed a bit HERE.

I read David Rohls book…his thoughts are too jumbled…if we bring chronology down 300 years all round, who would be Pharoah in 900BC, the more acceptable time of Moses..? I know, do you?

4 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

I read David Rohls book…his thoughts are too jumbled…

The irony. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thanos5150 said:

The irony. 

I knew you’d find that funny….I borrowed it from the library once lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Puzzler said:

Now, about that Egyptian chronology…

Much of Egyptian chronology can use some tweaking and re-evaluation. 

In principle, I have no problem with redating events within the Middle Kingdom. Even the length of the MK itself and how much time passed between it and the NK. Where it becomes problematic is Velikovsky trying to make certain biblical events match up with confirmed Egyptian history. There are some things for which there is no proof whatsoever outside of the bible. The existence of the Ark of the Covenant is one example. The Exodus of the Hebrews is another. 

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 3

Enough semantics…who can show Mr V was actually wrong? 

18 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

I still need to grab his Legend: The Genesis of Civilization.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

In principle, I have no problem with redating events within the Middle Kingdom. Where it becomes problematic is Velikovsky trying to make certain biblical events match up with confirmed Egyptian history. There are some things for which there is no proof whatsoever outside of the bible. The existence of the Ark of the Covenant is one example. The Exodus of the Hebrews is another. 

Yes, I totally agree. The Ark and the Exodus are like Venus and Mars. Certainly, one has  to be aware of what they are spruiking..

spruik
verb
INFORMALAUSTRALIAN
gerund or present participle: spruiking
  1. speak in public, especially to advertise a show.
    "men who spruik outside striptease joints"

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Edited by The Puzzler

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

In principle, I have no problem with redating events within the Middle Kingdom. Even the length of the MK itself and how much time passed between it and the NK. Where it becomes problematic is Velikovsky trying to make certain biblical events match up with confirmed Egyptian history. There are some things for which there is no proof whatsoever outside of the bible. The existence of the Ark of the Covenant is one example. The Exodus of the Hebrews is another. 

The Exodus of the Hebrews, what an event! Thousands of years later, so immortalised. Can we write it off totally or is there something in the clues that says .something like this might have happened 300 years after said nonsense date?

Edited by The Puzzler
My grammar was awful

29 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

A bit long winded, but an interesting read at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

A bit long winded, but an interesting read at the time. 

I bet It was. 

Edited by The Puzzler

Posted (edited)

So, is anyone seeing this same pattern in Timaeus and Critias….the lost time factor…?

Not that it matters…

Edited by The Puzzler