Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is unable to make $464 million bond in civil fraud case


Unusual Tournament

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Trump is unable to make $464 million bond in civil fraud case, his lawyers tell court
 

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.
 

Source: CNN

(it’s still not happening)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-is-unable-to-make-464-million-bond-in-civil-fraud-case-his-lawyers-tell-court/ar-BB1k6jXb

Edited by Saru
Added source link
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Trump is unable to make $464 million bond in civil fraud case, his lawyers tell court
 

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.
 

Source: CNN

(it’s still not happening)

Is this Engorens (sp) trial?

Honestly haven't been keeping up with all of them...

If so I'm still not sure how a judge who has already declared someone guilty before a trial even begins,is left to declare guilt or innocence without a jury present...

I'm not even saying Trump is innocent,that just reeks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Is this Engorens (sp) trial?

Honestly haven't been keeping up with all of them...

If so I'm still not sure how a judge who has already declared someone guilty before a trial even begins,is left to declare guilt or innocence without a jury present...

I'm not even saying Trump is innocent,that just reeks.

It does seem to be the Engorens trial.  The optics of all of it just look horrible

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Major investors pull business from New York City following Trump verdict

Quote

 

Prominent investors have signaled their intent to halt their business in New York following the $355 million verdict in former President Donald Trump’s civil fraud case.

Real estate mogul Grant Cardone announced on Tuesday that his firm Cardone Capital would no longer underwrite New York real estate, one day after Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary vowed to no longer invest in the state as a result of the verdict.

“Immediately discontinue ALL underwriting on New York City real estate,” Cardone ordered his firm in a post on X. “The risk outweigh the opportunities at this time. Recent political decisions will continue to deteriorate price and benefit states that don’t have these challenges. Focus on Texas & Florida.”

The Sell or Be Sold author explained his decision on Wednesday in an interview with Fox & Friends.

“When that [Trump] ruling happened, it was like, ‘Pencils down,'” Cardone said. “‘Don’t touch it. Don’t go there.'”

 

There was another investor who made the statement that New York will become flyover country. 

You Reap what you Sow. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So now we hear Trump can't get it up.

  Many site members have offered sound financial advice to younger people in financial difficulty.  That same advice can apply to Donald Trump.  He could do what any of the rest of us would have to do.

1st get a second mortgage on his home. Mar-a-Lago is worth 1.5-1.8 billion dollars he says, should be easy.

2nd spend responsibly. Cut back on the field trips, reduce expensive flights, cook at home, no more lattes, look for a cheaper place to live, work lots of overtime, charge the Secret Service more for their rooms and sell them water and food in the dining room.. 

Work more hours or get a second job.  Taking over the RNC might qualify for that.

3rd trade in the golden toilet for a porcelain one, and liquidate other vanity items   

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Major investors pull business from New York City following Trump verdict

There was another investor who made the statement that New York will become flyover country. 

You Reap what you Sow. 

 

Bad thing is,a lot of Northerners are heading South by the droves...

Got entire areas of Forrest being removed recently around my area alone and entire pop up Suburbs appearing seemingly overnight...

In line at stores starting to hear Northern accents everytime I'm out just about...

Not really a problem,as long as they keep how they voted up there up there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So now we hear Trump can't get it up.

  Many site members have offered sound financial advice to younger people in financial difficulty.  That same advice can apply to Donald Trump.  He could do what any of the rest of us would have to do.

1st get a second mortgage on his home. Mar-a-Lago is worth 1.5-1.8 billion dollars he says, should be easy.

2nd spend responsibly. Cut back on the field trips, reduce expensive flights, cook at home, no more lattes, look for a cheaper place to live, work lots of overtime, charge the Secret Service more for their rooms and sell them water and food in the dining room.. 

Work more hours or get a second job.  Taking over the RNC might qualify for that.

3rd trade in the golden toilet for a porcelain one, and liquidate other vanity items   

Cutting out Netflix and Avacado on Toast is the best way to save money according to the Aussie Intelligensia. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Not really a problem,as long as they keep how they voted up there up there.

I used to work in Colorado advising them not to try to make Colorado look like New Jersey (or where ever they were from).  Not enough water for the landscaping, etc.

Don't expect them to leave New York behind.  People can't seem to do that.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Major investors pull business from New York City following Trump verdict

There was another investor who made the statement that New York will become flyover country. 

You Reap what you Sow. 

 

I think you meant a flyover State, not Country!!!!!!!!!:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Source: CNN

Could you provide a link to the article please ?

Thank you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Cutting out Netflix and Avacado on Toast is the best way to save money according to the Aussie Intelligensia. 

I think you're on to something here, but I would add he should also cut back on McDonalds that dam fast food is expensive these days!!!!!!:devil:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think you meant a flyover State, not Country!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I think they're planning on cutting NYC loose from the nation altogether. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think you meant a flyover State, not Country!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Just a term of expression,like some Southerners refer to the South as "Gods country" 😄

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think they're planning on cutting NYC loose from the nation altogether. 

That must be it!!!!!:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Just a term of expression,like some Southerners refer to the South as "Gods country" 😄

That must be it I have just never heard New York called a Country before.:tu:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That must be it I have just never heard New York called a Country before.:tu:

I've been twice,it did kinda feel like a different country 🤣 

Was there around Christmas a few years back,I'll give it to Northerners,they do Christmas better than us down South 😄

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Bad thing is,a lot of Northerners are heading South by the droves...

Got entire areas of Forrest being removed recently around my area alone and entire pop up Suburbs appearing seemingly overnight...

In line at stores starting to hear Northern accents everytime I'm out just about...

Not really a problem,as long as they keep how they voted up there up there.

Hey buddy...good to see you.

My city is getting inundated with Northerners too. Where are the environmentalists when they are bulldozing trees down by the hundreds of acres to make room for all of these new people? Oh, that's right, they are in Atlanta protesting the new police training center. That proves to me they aren't environmentalists but have a completely different agenda.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Hey buddy...good to see you.

My city is getting inundated with Northerners too. Where are the environmentalists when they are bulldozing trees down by the hundreds of acres to make room for all of these new people? Oh, that's right, they are in Atlanta protesting the new police training center. That proves to me they aren't environmentalists but have a completely different agenda.

Was wondering where you were,hope all's been well!

Traffic is becoming a nightmare around here in a hurry!...sadly crime's rising as well.

There's good people from everywhere,but sadly the dredges drag along as well...not sure where all these people are working either unless there is still more "remote" working going on than I'm aware of.

I've dealt with my share of snowbirds in the past,I'm quick to set them straight 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

not sure where all these people are working either unless there is still more "remote" working going on than I'm aware of.

Most of my office are remote three days a week and a good many of them are now out of state and 100% remote.  We have an entire department that lives in AZ and NM because it's cheaper but they are getting paid WA wages.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Most of my office are in remote three days a week and a good many of them are now out of state and 100% remote.  We have an entire department that lives in AZ and NM.

Damn... question most likely answered!

Many of these don't look like blue collar workers,there's plenty of manufacturing jobs around,but not enough to take in all of them that keep coming.

Honestly it reminds me of reading about "white flight" in the 60's and 70's.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Most of my office are remote three days a week and a good many of them are now out of state and 100% remote.  We have an entire department that lives in AZ and NM because it's cheaper but they are getting paid WA wages.

I was actually thinking that remote working might spur a new wave of population reshuffling in the US.  I work from home and the main office is in Minnesota.  It would make too much sense to not try and get a good state's wages and a cheaper state's cost of living.  

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've dealt with my share of snowbirds in the past,I'm quick to set them straight 😆

A Yankee family moved in next door to us when I was about nine years old. He complained about the South constantly. I finally got fed up and told him to move back where he came from. 40 years later and he still lives here. :rolleyes:

You're right about the traffic. The highways have been backed up for three years while they are adding a new lane on every one. And you may as well forget it if you miss a new temporary exit. There won't be another one until you're across town.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.