Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is unable to make $464 million bond in civil fraud case

Unusual Tournament

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

He had better do something before Monday, because his assets will start disappearing fast if he can't pay the bond. Because that's when the Government will start seizing his assets!!!!!:yes:

I know his assets will be seized but how will the government calculate their worth? If they auction them off, they'll only be worth what someone is willing to pay for them, right?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

The fact some of you are gloating and think this is ok is scary.

Literally have the government trying to seize a political opponents' assets when the appeal has not even been concluded.  What happens if he wins on appeal?  Is NY going to give him his buildings back plus the losses incurred from the fire sale?  What other individual has the court placed a $500 million bond on?  

You lefties cannot see past your own political ambitions to not see how damaging this is to the country.

But hey, the ends justify the means.    What is the saying, destroying Democracy to save it?    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, what about family?  Jared Kushner could use 500 million of the $2billion Saudi Wealth Fund money to invest in Trump. 

17 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I would bet that money has already been spent on the real-estate projects it was earmarked. 

16 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

None that surprises me Tate, because I already believe that Trump was bought off by the Russians long ago. However, it's interesting to know that his family members are also broke or they are unwilling to bail him out because he is bad for business!!!!!

JIMHO

Oh dear. Jared could be the next one under the bus if Trump figures he owes him. And he probably does. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Oh dear. Jared could be the next one under the bus if Trump figures he owes him. And he probably does. 

I suspect he does owe his father-in-law, but that is what happens when you marry into a family of grifters!:yes:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

You may not believe this, but I agree with you.  If he sold his assets, which would surely be for pennies on the dollar because people would know he's desperate, and won the appeal, I think that would be a travesty to the American legal system.

• Like 3

For someone who hasn't done anything wrong, he sure is crying hard for immunity. No other President has ever asked for it or said they needed it to run the country. I've never heard of a President that's been blackmailed and we had some bad ones from time to time. Why now?

Trump tells the Supreme Court that if he doesn't have 'absolute immunity from criminal prosecution' future presidents could be blackmailed (msn.com)

• Like 2

Literally have the government trying to seize a political opponents' assets when the appeal has not even been concluded.  What happens if he wins on appeal?  Is NY going to give him his buildings back plus the losses incurred from the fire sale?  What other individual has the court placed a $500 million bond on?

Well, what is more frightening is the fact that you think that Trump is above the law. There will be no fire sale the property will be held until the case is settled. This happens to corporations all the time, it's nothing new.

You lefties cannot see past your own political ambitions to not see how damaging this is to the country.

But hey, the ends justify the means.    What is the saying, destroying Democracy to save it?    

Dude, your completely unable to see the forest through the trees. But there are many like you, so stop drinking the Kool-Laid and in time you will see more clearly!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

For someone who hasn't done anything wrong, he sure is crying hard for immunity. No other President has ever asked for it or said they needed it to run the country. I've never heard of a President that's been blackmailed and we had some bad ones from time to time. Why now?

Trump tells the Supreme Court that if he doesn't have 'absolute immunity from criminal prosecution' future presidents could be blackmailed (msn.com)

No, Democrats are abusing the legal system to go after a political opponent.  Not many people can withstand the onslaught of the deep state.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well, what is more frightening is the fact that you think that Trump is above the law. There will be no fire sale the property will be held until the case is settled. This happens to corporations all the time, it's nothing new.

Dude, your completely unable to see the forest through the trees. But there are many like you, so stop drinking the Kool-Laid and in time you will see more clearly!

I see what is happening quite clearly.

I just hope Democrats don't wind up reaping what they sow.  Their desperation is showing.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

I see what is happening quite clearly.

I just hope Democrats don't wind up reaping what they sow.  Their desperation is showing.   

I think the chips should fall where they may, I am just an old Moderate Republican who can see very clearly what is happeneing also!:yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I know his assets will be seized but how will the government calculate their worth? If they auction them off, they'll only be worth what someone is willing to pay for them, right?

They will be given fair market based upon where the assets are located. If the government seizes his property to satisfy the bond they will only be actioned off if Trump loses the court case to pay the final judgement. Until the trial is over any property seized will be held as collateral.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Hi Ed

It wouldn't happen if he paid the bond, nothing would get seized.

• Like 3

Chubb, AXA, and other insurance giants fail to back new Trump bond

The Trump Organization has reportedly approached 30 surety companies – including industry giants like Allianz, AXA, Berkshire Hathaway, Munich Re, Swiss Re and Zurich – through four separate brokers, according to a Financial Times report. Still, Trump and his business concerns have failed to secure the bond.

Trump has reportedly even been rebuffed by Chubb, which recently underwrote a bond for more than $91 million to enable the former president to appeal a defamation judgment against him awarded to writer E. Jean Carroll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

The Trump Organization has reportedly approached 30 surety companies – including industry giants like Allianz, AXA, Berkshire Hathaway, Munich Re, Swiss Re and Zurich – through four separate brokers, according to a Financial Times report. Still, Trump and his business concerns have failed to secure the bond.

Trump has reportedly even been rebuffed by Chubb, which recently underwrote a bond for more than $91 million to enable the former president to appeal a defamation judgment against him awarded to writer E. Jean Carroll.

Good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

What did you mean by: "a billionaire can't afford a billion dollars? ...maybe he could hold  a bake sale"?

That's a half-billion dollars.  I was being facetious.  Guess that doesn't come through in Austrine.

Doug

16 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It’s almost as if a career as a deceptive rattlesnake who manipulates data, the people around him and doesn’t pay his taxes and declares bankruptcy whenever the going gets tough is coming to bite him on the ill-fitting suited ****. 
Who could have seen this coming?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s almost as if a career as a deceptive rattlesnake who manipulates data, the people around him and doesn’t pay his taxes and declares bankruptcy whenever the going gets tough is coming to bite him on the ill-fitting suited ****. 
Who could have seen this coming?

Witch hunt. 

:lol:

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 7:32 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

They will be given fair market based upon where the assets are located. If the government seizes his property to satisfy the bond they will only be actioned off if Trump loses the court case to pay the final judgement. Until the trial is over any property seized will be held as collateral.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:51 PM, Edumakated said:

No, Democrats are abusing the legal system to go after a political opponent.  Not many people can withstand the onslaught of the deep state.  

Everyone who has ever been arrested has to post bail or put up collateral unless they are released without bond. If they don't pay it, they sit in jail until trial. I've seen murder cases where bail is set at a million dollars. When someone posts bail, it's only held until after the defendant shows up for trial and after the trial it's given back to the bondsman or whoever put it up. There's been a trial and a judgement. The bond required is enough to settle the judgement if the appeal is lost. I'm taking that this is to make sure Trump shows up and if he loses, the plaintiffs get what was awarded. How is this unusual? Am I missing something?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, susieice said:

Everyone who has ever been arrested has to post bail or put up collateral unless they are released without bond. If they don't pay it, they sit in jail until trial. I've seen murder cases where bail is set at a million dollars. When someone posts bail, it's only held until after the defendant shows up for trial and after the trial it's given back to the bondsman or whoever put it up. There's been a trial and a judgement. The bond required is enough to settle the judgement if the appeal is lost. I'm taking that this is to make sure Trump shows up and if he loses, the plaintiffs get what was awarded. How is this unusual? Am I missing something?

Can you point to a case where an individual has been given a $500 million bond?  It is unheard of....

You have literal murderers who get $1 million bonds.  Yet, in Trumps case there wasnt even a victim of the claimed crime.  

Edited by Edumakated
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, susieice said:

You're not missing anything Susie, the member you are quoting has drunk the Kool-laid, Bent the Knee, and Kissed the Ring!!!! Everything, you communicated above is right on target and accurately stated!:tu:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Edumakated said:

Can you point to a case where an individual has been given a $500 million bond? 

You have literal murderers who get $1 million bonds.  Yet, in Trumps case there wasnt even a victim of the claimed crime.  

The $500 million isn't a bond to be held for trial. It's a bond to satisfy a judgement and that's what was awarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Edumakated said:

Can you point to a case where an individual has been given a $500 million bond?  It is unheard of....

It happens all the time when Corporations are being prosecuted, and Trump LLC is a Corporation. The judgement was made against the Corporation not an individual, and Donald Trump is the CEO of Corporation.

1 minute ago, Edumakated said:

The $464 million this is not a bond it is payment do, for illicit business practices. So, Trump must make the payment with interest. But he still has the ability to appeal judgement, and have the amount reduced. It appears your knowledge of what is occurring is limited you may want to go on line and do a little research!!:no:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Edumakated said:

You  are in the wrong category.  A human life is not worth $450 million. This is corporate giant civil law.  Did FOX News have to pay a settlement of $750 million to the voting machine company?  Yes they did. Trump was playing at the Big Boys Table.  The pots are high, but so is the ante.  When you lose a pot, you don't get to whine and pull your bet back.  Never play for more than you can lose.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You  are in the wrong category.  A human life is not worth $450 million. This is corporate giant civil law.  Did FOX News have to pay a settlement of $750 million to the voting machine company?  Yes they did. Trump was playing at the Big Boys Table.  The pots are high, but so is the ante.  When you lose a pot, you don't get to whine and pull your bet back.  Never play for more than you can lose.

You aren't kidding. At least it's not billions.

Trump Claims Companies Won’t Secure His $500 Million Bond—But Even Bigger Ones Were Paid In These Cases (msn.com)

• Like 4