Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘How fascism came to Germany’: Historian warns Trump ‘knew exactly what he was saying’

Grim Reaper 6

Award-winning presidential historian Michael Beschloss sounded the alarm after Donald Trump's "bloodbath" threat over the weekend, warning that his remarks echo those that led to the rise and installation of fascism in pre-World War II Germany and Italy. "In a way Donald Trump has made it easier because when he tells you he'll be a dictator for a day, we all know that dictators don't resign after a day. When he uses the word bloodbath. Yes, it was in the context of an automobile industry speech, but he knew exactly what he was saying, When he talks about suspending the Constitution, or migrants as animals, this is him. He's telling you what this choice is," He continued, adding there is no "precedent for this."

Beschloss says, "it's important to know as we talk about this campaign, as it unfolds, we have never seen anything remotely like this in American history: a major party candidate is saying, you elect me, there's going to be dictatorship, bloodbath, violence, retribution against my political enemies, that equals what we saw in Italy, in Germany and other places. If Americans do not get that if they choose that voluntarily, then this country has changed in a way that I do not understand."

‘How fascism came to Germany’: Historian warns Trump ‘knew exactly what he was saying’ - Raw Story

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I have always thought that Trump's body langauge at his rallies is very similar to that of Mousolini's, the same thrust back head, the same nodding at the admiration. All that was missing was a quasi-military uniform. 

• Like 4

Trump seems to admire Putin.  And he's just won a 5th election, effectively uncontested....   

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I have always thought that Trump's body langauge at his rallies is very similar to that of Mousolini's, the same thrust back head, the same nodding at the admiration. All that was missing was a quasi-military uniform. 

I agree with all that, the only thing that is missing is a Uniform, be it German or Italian. He even uses the tactics that Germanys' Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels used so effectively, and the below quote is used by Trump daily.:yes:

image.jpeg.0c06492757a301c8102351b26a6c9b6c.jpeg

Image result for Comparison between Trump and Hitler

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Essan said:

Trump seems to admire Putin.  And he's just won a 5th election, effectively uncontested....   

I have to agree with you; however, I don't understand it. No matter what Vladimir Putin does Trump praises his actions even when he invaded the Ukraine. :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

"In a way Donald Trump has made it easier because when he tells you he'll be a dictator for a day, we all know that dictators don't resign after a day. When he uses the word bloodbath. Yes, it was in the context of an automobile industry speech, but he knew exactly what he was saying

So he accepts that the context is not violent and then in the next sentence says that we should take it as violent :lol: Oh, and that's immediately after he quoted a well-known joke told by Trump. The progressives are getting more ridiculous every day, by the time the election rocks up there won't be any sanity left.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

So he accepts that the context is not violent and then in the next sentence says that we should take it as violent :lol: Oh, and that's immediately after he quoted a well-known joke told by Trump. The progressives are getting more ridiculous every day, by the time the election rocks up there won't be any sanity left.  

Like the gentleman in the OP said, there is no sanity left in American Politics. If there was Americans would closely listen to Donald Trump's comments and catch on the undertones being made. Actually, I would say that progressives as you put it, are sounding the alarm. Trump's use of propaganda like everything else he does politically is a copy of effective methodology used in the past. Like a brilliant man once said, if we forget the past, it will repeat itself, and sadly that is what's currently occurring!!!!:yes:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Essan said:

He only managed 87% of the vote... with no other contenders on the ballot.

That's pretty dismal in my experience...:lol::su

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

He only managed 87% of the vote... with no other contenders on the ballot.

That's pretty dismal in my experience...:lol::su

I think you're making a very good point, and that was at gun point in some cases!!:w00t:🤪

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Like the gentleman in the OP said, there is no sanity left in American Politics. If there was Americans would closely listen to Donald Trump's comments and catch on the undertones being made. Actually, I would say that progressives as you put it, are sounding the alarm. Trump's use of propaganda like everything else he does politically is a copy of effective methodology used in the past. Like a brilliant man once said, if we forget the past, it will repeat itself, and sadly that is what's currently occurring!!!!:yes:

What you call "the progressives sounding the alarm", I call a witch hunt! I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, there's absolutely no way I will EVER agree with you about this one. This entire article is one big scare tactic against Trump, and it stinks to high heaven. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

What you call "the progressives sounding the alarm", I call a witch hunt! I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, there's absolutely no way I will EVER agree with you about this one. This entire article is one big scare tactic against Trump, and it stinks to high heaven. 

Can't you find something new to say, witch hunt is so old now. But it certainly proves one thing you have drank the cool-laid, bent the knee, and kissed the ring.🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Can't you find something new to say, witch hunt is so old now. But it certainly proves one thing you have drank the cool-laid, bent the knee, and kissed the ring.🤪

When someone admits that the context of someone's quote is non-violent but then goes on to treat it like a real threat of violence, then it's usually evidence that it is THEY who are drinking the cool-aid! 

Just saying :whistle: 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

When someone admits that the context of someone's quote is non-violent but then goes on to treat it like a real threat of violence, then it's usually evidence that it is THEY who are drinking the cool-aid! 

Just saying :whistle: 

Your political rhetoric is comical :lol: and you play the same game whenever you're faced with the facts. But that is also why it's enjoyable to have you participate in these conversations because the comic relief is always welcome!!🤡

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Your political rhetoric is comical :lol: and you play the same game whenever you're faced with the facts. But that is also why it's enjoyable to have you participate in these conversations because the comic relief is always welcome!!🤡

The facts don't back you up, mate. But thanks for the chat. 

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

The facts don't back you up, mate. But thanks for the chat. 

No, your version of the facts certainly do not back me up! But that's not surprising because while your very good at twisting the facts in a debate you can't fool all of the people all the time!!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No, your version of the facts certainly do not back me up! But that's not surprising because while your very good at twisting the facts in a debate you can't fool all of the people all the time!!😉

I sense an “agree to disagree” emergency escape is just around the corner.

• Haha 4

Just now, Antigonos said:

Oh, that emergency escape is exercised as is evident in the previous post I responded to.:lol:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

From the OP article: 

"In a way Donald Trump has made it easier because when he tells you he'll be a dictator for a day, we all know that dictators don't resign after a day. When he uses the word bloodbath. Yes, it was in the context of an automobile industry speech, but he knew exactly what he was saying

You can't hold red and blue to both be true unless you're saying "Trump is not advocating violence but we all know he was advocating violence". Which is what this guy seems to be saying. That's BS, and it shows the bias of this fella and the bias of people who listen to what he has to say. 

And that's before we even mention that he's quoted Trump's joke about being a dictator for a day (you can't listen to him say that and genuinely think he is going to be a dictator from day 1). 

Edited by Paranoid Android

3 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Not yet, but we're getting close. Seems you've been led astray too. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I have to agree with you; however, I don't understand it. No matter what Vladimir Putin does Trump praises his actions even when he invaded the Ukraine. :yes:

He's owned by Putin.

Picture taken shortly after their "secret meeting"

Reek;to be strongly pervaded with something unpleasant or offensive. 

images.jpeg

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One more, hot off the press.

8jq7uq.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

From the OP article:

You can't hold red and blue to both be true unless you're saying "Trump is not advocating violence but we all know he was advocating violence". Which is what this guy seems to be saying. That's BS, and it shows the bias of this fella and the bias of people who listen to what he has to say.

No, what he is saying is very clear. Because Trump used the Bloodbath statement in a context, where he attempted to disguise the fact that he was actually taking about the election loss. His exact comments were if I am not elected there will be a Bloodbath, and the rest will not matter, when he says the rest, he has switched back to his comments about the Automotive Industry. So, I don't need anyone to interpret Trumps comments for me, I am able to listen to his speech and decide for myself what Trump is saying!!😉

And that's before we even mention that he's quoted Trump's joke about being a dictator for a day (you can't listen to him say that and genuinely think he is going to be a dictator from day 1). 

No your right and just like the Gentleman in the OP Stated "" "In a way Donald Trump has made it easier because when he tells you he'll be a dictator for a day, we all know that dictators don't resign after a day."" So, please don't try to pull the wool over eyes, I see right through you and tactics where you post comments that only repeat the content that supports your twisted view!!!!!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

.No, what he is saying is very clear.

Yes, we can both agree that Trump is very clear in what he's saying. We can't agree on what that is, but thats OK.  Thanks for the chat, but we really can't go any further in this discussion :tu:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Yes, we can both agree that Trump is very clear in what he's saying. We can't agree on what that is, but thats OK.  Thanks for the chat, but we really can't go any further in this discussion :tu:

I feel you Brother and I agree!!!!!🤪

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Yes, we can both agree that Trump is very clear in what he's saying.

No, we don't agree that Trump is very clear in what he saying he is intentionally deceptive and disingenuous. :devil:

12 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

We can't agree on what that is, but thats OK.  Thanks for the chat, but we really can't go any further in this discussion :tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6