Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Slammed By Mike Pence For Saluting Jan. 6 Prisoner Choir's Rendition Of The National Anthem At

Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)

Former President Donald Trump was criticized by his own former vice president, Mike Pence, for saluting prisoners who participated in the January 6 Capitol riot and calling them "hostages" during the introduction of his Dayton, Ohio campaign rally. "Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the horribly and unfairly treated January 6th hostages," the moderator of the rally on March 16 stated over the loudspeaker. Trump raised his right hand and saluted as the "January 6 Choir" sang the "Star Spangled Banner." The choir is composed of Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and others imprisoned for helping to advance the failed insurrection.

"It's just unacceptable.""I was there on January 6," the former vice president recalled. "I have no doubt in my mind, Margaret, that some people were caught up in the moment and – and entered the Capitol. And they're certainly entitled to due process of law for any nonviolent activities that day but the assaults on police officers - ultimately an environment that claimed lives – is something that I think was tragic that day and I'll never diminish it," Pence then claimed. 

Trump Slammed By Mike Pence For Saluting Jan. 6 Prisoner Choir's Rendition Of The National Anthem At Rally (msn.com)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Trump Slammed By Mike Pence For Saluting Jan. 6 Prisoner Choir's Rendition Of The National Anthem At

While I applaud Pence for stepping up about Jan 6, he's despicable for not exposing Trumps lies, and illeagalities. He was Trumps punching bag on the events that led to Jan 6. Trump called him a traitor for not backing him up. He meekly accepted it instead of standing up to him. But that would have alienated him with the fascist Christians he represented.

He's probably got more dirt on Trump than anyone, yet not a peep from him. He's only stepping up now because Trump is rapidly losing support except for his most unhinged followers, and it wont affect his political career. It's pretty hinky that he's chosen now to step foreward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Those who were tried and convicted for VIOLENCE that day should do their time and move on. The other 1000 or so who were basically political prisoners should be pardoned if he wins and if possible, the DC crowd should be compelled to pay them damages.  The thuggish feds are STILL rounding people up who didn't even enter the Capitol that day.  THAT is the action of a banana republic-style tyranny.  I genuinely hope that we get to see the same kind of thing used against protesters that will rage and burn/loot in DC if Orange Man Bad wins.  They did that in January of 2017 and caused one hell of a lot more damage than anything done on J6.  He should put the Guard on the streets and round them up by the thousands to show the Left what the hell it feels like when the shoe is on THEIR foot...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

He's only stepping up now because Trump is rapidly losing support except for his most unhinged followers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/02/29/biden-trails-trump-in-these-7-key-swing-states-as-most-key-biden-voters-say-hes-too-old-poll-finds/?sh=29a1d9af2c77

Too funny...

33 minutes ago, and-then said:

Those who were tried and convicted for VIOLENCE that day should do their time and move on. The other 1000 or so who were basically political prisoners should be pardoned if he wins and if possible, the DC crowd should be compelled to pay them damages.

To me January 6, 2021, is one of the most embarrassing day the Republican Party has every faced since Watergate! You are intelligent man, and yet you allow Trump to get inside your head. January 6th, was insurrection put in motion by a sitting President and either your to embarrassed admit or your being very disingenuous by continuing to promote Trump's agenda!!:(

33 minutes ago, and-then said:

The thuggish feds are STILL rounding people up who didn't even enter the Capitol that day.  THAT is the action of a banana republic-style tyranny.  I genuinely hope that we get to see the same kind of thing used against protesters that will rage and burn/loot in DC if Orange Man Bad wins.  They did that in January of 2017 and caused one hell of a lot more damage than anything done on J6.  He should put the Guard on the streets and round them up by the thousands to show the Left what the hell it feels like when the shoe is on THEIR foot...

Please refresh my memory, who has been arrested that wasn't either violent, was involved in planning or who actually didn't enter the Captial?

Please provide a list of names!

I will wait for your reply, although like many times in the past when confronted like this you just don't respond. Please understand that a lack of response only proves your comments above are fictitious!!! 

• Thanks 3

We all saw a failed coup attempt.  We all saw a rioting mob try to murder our elected officials.  We are now seeing these totalitarian goons in jail, and that is a good thing.  I say this as a paid up member of the GOP and NRA.  Trump doesn't come close to even my most generous minimum standard for a member of the House of Reps, let alone a president.

The good news is that Trump is a BINO.  Billionaire In Name Only.  His atrocious financial management of his inherited wealth is becoming increasingly apparent.  This is not what the USA needs.  Trump is not what the USA needs.  He's a convicted fraud.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

To me January 6, 2021, is one of the most embarrassing day the Republican Party has every faced since Watergate! You are intelligent man, and yet you allow Trump to get inside your head. January 6th, was insurrection put in motion by a sitting President and either your to embarrassed admit or your being very disingenuous by continuing to promote Trump's agenda!!:(

Please refresh my memory, who has been arrested that wasn't either violent, was involved in planning or who actually didn't enter the Captial?

Please provide a list of names!

I will wait for your reply, although like many times in the past when confronted like this you just don't respond. Please understand that a lack of response only proves your comments above are fictitious!!! 

Meanwhile 

Important Court Victory for Non-Violent Jan 6 Protesters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2e5av7amog

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WVK said:

Meanwhile 

Important Court Victory for Non-Violent Jan 6 Protesters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2e5av7amog

Please cut to the chase what was the important victory?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

You are intelligent man, and yet you allow Trump to get inside your head. January 6th, was insurrection put in motion by a sitting President and either your to embarrassed admit or your being very disingenuous by continuing to promote Trump's agenda!!

Grim, you choose to believe your trusted media sources as is your right.  I disagree, as is mine.  The true test of the issue is that unlike myself, who has no problem with your beliefs, you tend to overlook even the possibility that you could be wrong.  The reality is that the Left and its media/propaganda arm in DC and across the country refused to acknowledge that the man even won in 2016.  They worked against him for 4 solid years but never convicted him by a preponderance of the evidence.  They then continued to weaponize our governmental agencies to destroy him so he could not threaten their power again.

They failed in that because whether they refused to believe it or not, 75 million of their fellow citizens voted for him despite their efforts, and the obvious hit jobs against him since 2021 have only strengthened and empowered his support.  The most recent polling has the man up in all the swing states.  ALL of them.  As we get closer to November, I have predicted that the Left will continue to weaponize the media and government agencies to try to take him down.  They will become progressively more shrill and will create hysteria that could lead to chaos in the major cities because they cannot and will not allow him to be inaugurated again.  They fear anyone who could challenge their power.  I stand by my prediction.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I will wait for your reply, although like many times in the past when confronted like this you just don't respond.

I usually don't bother because you ignore anything you want to ignore based on refusing to acknowledge my sources.  Why should I bother?  Do you honestly believe that 3 years out from those RIOTS, the FBI is still finding citizens who they would have captured on surveillance video that day if they were being violent?  Even the trumped-up charges against a couple of hundred that became violent that day, could not be spread over the rest of the 1200 or so they crushed with the deep pockets the Feds can always resort to.

That premise is ridiculous.  Believe as you will, buddy.  I know it aggravates you and the rest here who support what the Fedthugs did and are doing but whether you accept it or not, millions of Americans believe differently than you with regard to this travesty of justice.  I also predict that the frustration of your side will lead to further weaponization of our government against its citizens who are going to vote for Trump this year.  The polling proves that your side is being increasingly ignored by most voters.

DC is so corrupt now that if the same methods are used this time around and we are still "counting votes" days after election day, the other half of the country is going to refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of whoever the media calls the winner.  

Your heroes in DC don't have the power to jail millions of Americans but I daresay you'd support that if they could.  IOW, your willingness to weaponize law enforcement against those you disagree with, will effectively finish off this nation.  

7 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Please cut to the chase what was the important victory?

Greenwald is not in any way a "Right-winger".  Listen to his take and then perhaps you can disprove his premise about the VAST MAJORITY of Americans who have been prosecuted, were acknowledged even by the Feds to have been nonviolent:

The simple truth is that you've cheerfully accepted the evil nonsensical lie of the media as a means of trying to destroy roughly half of the voting population.  The worst part of that is that if it had been done to YOU, you'd support the creation of lawless chaos as a means to "resist".

9 minutes ago, and-then said:

Grim, you choose to believe your trusted media sources as is your right.  I disagree, as is mine.  The true test of the issue is that unlike myself, who has no problem with your beliefs, you tend to overlook even the possibility that you could be wrong.

I base my comments upon fiscal evidence and my friend to-date NO ONE has presented any evidence that the election was stolen. I try to keep an open mind, but after 3 years the theory becomes a conspiracy theory and nothing more. One thing you’re not accurate about is the media sources I use do not control my thoughts or views they are only a conduit. After any media source reports something I still use due diligence to research the information, I never take any media source at face value critical thinking is my watch word.

HThe reality is that the Left and its media/propaganda arm in DC and across the country refused to acknowledge that the man even won in 2016.  They worked against him for 4 solid years but never convicted him by a preponderance of the evidence.  They then continued to weaponize our governmental agencies to destroy him so he could not threaten their power again.

I totally disagree that any media source refused to acknowledge his victory after the 2016 election, if I am wrong post source. I do agree that during his presidency many legal issues concerning him came to light. I also agree during that time frame he was never convicted of a crime. However, this had more to do with presidential immunity and the fact that the sitting Attorney General prevented those charges from moving forward. But after his loss of the election in 2020 he lost that immunity and the fact of the matter is many of the crimes he is currently indicted for were brought to light during his presidency. 

They failed in that because whether they refused to believe it or not, 75 million of their fellow citizens voted for him despite their efforts, and the obvious hit jobs against him since 2021 have only strengthened and empowered his support.  The most recent polling has the man up in all the swing states.  ALL of them.  As we get closer to November, I have predicted that the Left will continue to weaponize the media and government agencies to try to take him down.

Well in reality there is a reasonable chance that with all of his current indictments that the court cases will not even be fully prosecuted by November. However, I do believe that between now November there will not be any new indictments brought against him, unless a current one opens up a new can of worms.

They will become progressively more shrill and will create hysteria that could lead to chaos in the major cities because they cannot and will not allow him to be inaugurated again.  They fear anyone who could challenge their power.  I stand by my prediction.

I try not to predict the future, it’s just fluid for factors can affect what happens. But I will say I hope predictions do not come true because the American people have suffered enough over the last 7 years due to a policies by sitting politicians.

Peace

28 minutes ago, and-then said:

I usually don't bother because you ignore anything you want to ignore based on refusing to acknowledge my sources.  Why should I bother?  Do you honestly believe that 3 years out from those RIOTS, the FBI is still finding citizens who they would have captured on surveillance video that day if they were being violent?  Even the trumped-up charges against a couple of hundred that became violent that day, could not be spread over the rest of the 1200 or so they crushed with the deep pockets the Feds can always resort to.

Most of the recent arrests are not solely based upon surveillance footage, many are being arrested because of testimony of other defendants. I also don’t believe that we are close to seeing an end to these arrests anytime soon because as the trials continue those already charged are starting to resort to plea deals to lessen their own sentencing.

That premise is ridiculous.  Believe as you will, buddy.  I know it aggravates you and the rest here who support what the Fedthugs did and are doing but whether you accept it or not, millions of Americans believe differently than you with regard to this travesty of justice.  I also predict that the frustration of your side will lead to further weaponization of our government against its citizens who are going to vote for Trump this year.  The polling proves that your side is being increasingly ignored by most voters.

On your comments above we must agree to disagree.

DC is so corrupt now that if the same methods are used this time around and we are still "counting votes" days after election day, the other half of the country is going to refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of whoever the media calls the winner.  Your heroes in DC don't have the power to jail millions of Americans but I daresay you'd support that if they could.  IOW, your willingness to weaponize law enforcement against those you disagree with, will effectively finish off this nation.  

I don’t have living heroes in DC since Senator McCain died, and unlike you my concern extends to all Americans not just those who support Donald. Like I previously stated you have allowed Trump to take control of your thought process, and you prove it by constantly repeating that US Verses THEM philosophy that your hero has used to divide our nation. I hope you get past that one day because no matter how much we disagree I think we both truly love the nation and our way of life.