Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opinion: I’m a climate scientist. If you knew what I know, you’d be terrified too?

docyabut2

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Opinion: I’m a climate scientist. If you knew what I know, you’d be terrified too

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/opinions/climate-scientist-scare-doom-anxiety-mcguire/index.html

The main problem with the article is that it is an opinion piece Docy!!:yes:

• Like 4

To me the wind is the causes  of the climate changes . if  only we can control  wind.

Jesus said life is like the wind  it comes and goes :(  

• Confused 1

I got my degree in environmental and biological sciences a little over a decade ago (that makes me feel old lol). Even then, the researches / profs I studied with were saying (off the record) that things will become a lot worse than the news / politicians are saying sooner than they are saying. ::

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Reader Robert Hayes of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, asks: “Is there some way a small, nondeadly atomic bomb could somehow blow apart a tornado as it forms, averting any damage the storm might bring?

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado/

Bombing storms is, to put it mildly, a retarded idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Reader Robert Hayes of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, asks: “Is there some way a small, nondeadly atomic bomb could somehow blow apart a tornado as it forms, averting any damage the storm might bring?

🤣 

Obviously not someone who knows anything about tornadoes or atomic bombs :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

To me the wind is the causes  of the climate changes . if  only we can control  wind.

Wind is mostly a consequence of differences in temperature and air pressure.    If we could control them, we could control the wind ....    But obviously that's all well beyond modern technology.    And anything we can do is always subject to the law of unintended consequences .....    Better leave well alone.   And if we're doing something that impacts on the climate and weather to our detriment, hows about we stop doing it?  :unsure2:

• Like 3

We cant `nt stop the climate changes or the winds of the catastrophes:(

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 8:56 AM, Bavarian Raven said:

politicians are saying sooner than they are saying. ::

Amen.

Doug

• Sad 1

On 3/21/2024 at 12:14 PM, docyabut2 said:

We cant `nt stop the climate changes or the winds of the catastrophes:(

But we can try.

Maybe we can stop it, but it is getting awful late to avoid some serious consequences before we do.

Doug

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, docyabut2 said:

As the saying goes:  "Most US towns are only 2 kilotons apart."

Doug

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, docyabut2 said:

"Gotta nuke something" - Nelson Muntz

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:01 PM, docyabut2 said:

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado

Read this in a trump voice,and it's totally him saying it.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:56 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

I got my degree in environmental and biological sciences a little over a decade ago (that makes me feel old lol). Even then, the researches / profs I studied with were saying (off the record) that things will become a lot worse than the news / politicians are saying sooner than they are saying. ::

Yeah because your relatively new to this. If you'd been there about 30 years ago you'd realise it's nothing new and it's about funding.

16 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah because your relatively new to this. If you'd been there about 30 years ago you'd realise it's nothing new and it's about funding.

More like they know how bad things will get, and the politicians dont want the people to know - because most people dont give a damn about anything if it isnt happening RIGHT NOW.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:17 PM, Antigonos said:

Bombing storms is, to put it mildly, a retarded idea.

Yes, it certainly is a retarded Idea especially if they are talking about using Nuclear Weapons!!!!:no:

• Like 1