Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RFK Jr. has testy interview with NYT: ‘An instrument of the Democratic Party’

OverSword

There are a couple of good testy parts in extractions from the interview.

Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. had a testy exchange with The New York Times during an interview, calling the newspaper “an instrument of the Democratic Party” and accusing its journalism of propping up President Biden. 

In an interview on “The Run-Up,” the Times’s election podcast, the independent presidential candidate offered a sharp and unfounded critique of the outlet’s coverage bias after being asked about his potential status as a “spoiler” against Biden and former President Trump.

“Considering the reality of the stakes,” host Astead Herndon asked Kennedy in the wide-ranging interview released Thursday how he’d respond to someone who says he’s “insulated” from a lot of the consequences of some elections due to his name, access and wealth.

Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kennedy is just telling the truth on how the corporate media is biased. They report negative reviews on one party while praising the other.

That's not journalism. It's activism.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Kennedy is just telling the truth on how the corporate media is biased. They report negative reviews on one party while praising the other.

Also he was right that when 70% of voters don't want to see this rematch of two geriatric brain dead criminals we deserve another option.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Also he was right that when 70% of voters don't want to see this rematch of two geriatric brain dead criminals we deserve another option.

I have voted Independent before when I wasn't satisfied with the 2 main parties. But it's a slim chance for them to get elected because Americans

are binary minded on Dems and GOP. I would like to see an Independent in office to see how they pan out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Many people are saying this.

Yet people are turning up in droves anyway. 

So what's up with that? If people don't want them, why are people supporting them in great numbers? 

Kennedy is on his way to geriatric and I'd say likely seeing the onset of dementia. He's a complete whackjob. That he is in politics at all shows the sorry state of the system. He should be in mental health care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

LoL

Kennedy is an activist.

Notably anti vax activism.

Even his own family recommends people don't take his advice. 

No doubt this is why he appeals to conspiracy theory addicts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

I am sorry my friend, but RFK is a complete conspiracy theorist ass-hat. He is not in touch with reality, hell I don't even how the guy was elected to a political position. :no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am sorry my friend, but RFK is a complete conspiracy theorist ass-hat. He is not in touch with reality, hell I don't even how the guy was elected to a political position. :no:

This is why I don't totally dismiss conspiracies. 12 crazy conspiracy theories that actually turned out to be true | Reader's Digest Australia (readersdigest.com.au)

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Hawken said:

When were they conspiracies? Who labelled them such? 

They are all very old instances that some simply didn't know about. These so called conspiracies are in history books. A top secret project isn't a conspiracy. 

They seem a very poor reason to accept any stupid idea because it's labelled a conspiracy theory. 

According to conspiracy theories, the eye of faith is proof that your founding fathers were connected the the Illuminati and therefore part of a new world order movement.

Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

Do you believe that? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

When were they conspiracies? Who labelled them such? 

They are all very old instances that some simply didn't know about. These so called conspiracies are in history books. A top secret project isn't a conspiracy. 

They seem a very poor reason to accept any stupid idea because it's labelled a conspiracy theory. 

According to conspiracy theories, the eye of faith is proof that your founding fathers were connected the the Illuminati and therefore part of a new world order movement.

Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

Do you believe that? 

Your ability to feign ignorance and deny reality is legendary.  It is truly quite fascinating how you can go through life so clueless.  I am really intrigued.  Is it the result of some sort of training?  Genetics?  Work injury?  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Your ability to feign ignorance and deny reality is legendary.  It is truly quite fascinating how you can go through life so clueless.  I am really intrigued.  Is it the result of some sort of training?  Genetics?  Work injury?  

Does you approach ever actually work?

You cannot answer the question so you act like a moron. How does that help or push the discussion forward? 

What other conspiracy theories did you break open? Heavier than air flight? Phlogiston? LoL. You're a joke. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Hawken said:

I have voted Independent before when I wasn't satisfied with the 2 main parties. But it's a slim chance for them to get elected because Americans

are binary minded on Dems and GOP. I would like to see an Independent in office to see how they pan out.

i never vote for a major party candidate because my state is already decided every year. even if i supported a dem/rep i would still cast my vote outside the duopoly just to support a third party.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Many people are saying this.

Yet people are turning up in droves anyway. 

So what's up with that? If people don't want them, why are people supporting them in great numbers? 

Kennedy is on his way to geriatric and I'd say likely seeing the onset of dementia. He's a complete whackjob. That he is in politics at all shows the sorry state of the system. He should be in mental health care. 

tribal game theory.

9 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Some people arent good at connecting dots.   Stuff that is obvious to some of us seems to fly right over some folks heads.

some people can't even understand the game theory at play in duopoly elections. they should understand duverger's law and political science in general to understand why and how people get out and vote for candidates they don't like. those same people label others as conspiracy theorists. it might be a competence issue, but most likely an ignorance issue.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Does you approach ever actually work?

You cannot answer the question so you act like a moron. How does that help or push the discussion forward? 

What other conspiracy theories did you break open? Heavier than air flight? Phlogiston? LoL. You're a joke. 

Do we really need to start listing all the things you lefties dismiss as "conspiracy theories" that turn out to be true like six months later?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If people don't want them, why are people supporting them in great numbers? 

A lot of them out of fear that the "other guy" will get elected.  It's more pronounced the last couple of elections but America has been voting against rather than for someone for decades.  That is something I vowed never to do.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, DayoOlabisi said:

tribal game theory.

For the majority of people in the US? 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:32 AM, Edumakated said:

Do we really need to start listing all the things you lefties dismiss as "conspiracy theories" that turn out to be true like six months later?

No, because you're a waste of time and I can't be bothered refuting pet ideas again 

Look through the forum and learn how far off base you are. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:54 AM, OverSword said:

A lot of them out of fear that the "other guy" will get elected.  It's more pronounced the last couple of elections but America has been voting against rather than for someone for decades.  That is something I vowed never to do.

There just seems to be a lot of it. Like the entire country. And the crazed Maga people. I understand why you wouldn't go there. I actually figured more people thought like that than not. It would seem otherwise. 

How does it get so out of control? Do you think that America has ever been quite this divided over politics? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How does it get so out of control? Do you think that America has ever been quite this divided over politics? 

Less than 20 years ago, I had no idea if my friends were Democrat or Republican.  I didn't know who someone voted for, I didn't care.  I still keep my opinions close to heart.  People I engage with on a daily basis feel comfortable saying the N word like it's nothing in conversation, because they think I feel the same way they do based off of where I live.  It's not a good time in America...

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

There just seems to be a lot of it. Like the entire country. And the crazed Maga people. I understand why you wouldn't go there. I actually figured more people thought like that than not. It would seem otherwise. 

I don’t think it has if you go by social media but at the same time if you take abortion out of it Americans seem to be united in where they feel they are being failed by government. I think a lot of the conflict is stirred by media hype. Then again maybe I’m just too isolated here. You would be pretty hard pressed to find a MAGA supporter here. At least one that would admit it in public. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Less than 20 years ago, I had no idea if my friends were Democrat or Republican.  I didn't know who someone voted for, I didn't care.  I still keep my opinions close to heart.  People I engage with on a daily basis feel comfortable saying the N word like it's nothing in conversation, because they think I feel the same way they do based off of where I live.  It's not a good time in America...

It's really bizarre. I think more than Trump, that fact that Kennedy is getting attention is bewildering. I can't understand how people like that are getting people to support them as opposed to laugh at them. Trump is a terrible person, a criminal and generally offensive, and Kennedy should be in mental health care. Yet people talk about them as if they are brilliant people who should be considered saints. 

It's a strange thing to see so much of a country conducive to self harm. A lot of older people I notice seem to gravitate towards these nutcases in politics. I thought they might be the tipping point where they gave up on daytime shopping to give their money to Trump instead but that's less than 20%. When I see posters like you I wonder where all the AT style Americans come from and how they could be convinced by such a failure of a human being. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t think it has if you go by social media but at the same time if you take abortion out of it Americans seem to be united in where they feel they are being failed by government. I think a lot of the conflict is stirred by media hype. Then again maybe I’m just too isolated here. You would be pretty hard pressed to find a MAGA supporter here. At least one that would admit it in public. 

Yet as I was just saying Kennedy is getting attention. Of the independents he's in front. 

He is a failure already. But he is popular for it. America seems determined to lower the bar across the country. With Trump and Kennedy as politicians the country doesn't stand much of a chance of a bright future. It's going downhill every four years. 

How are they convincing people to put their brains in neutral during campaigns? 

With Trump, he was instrumental in setting the scene to overturn Wade vs roe. How many more rights do Americans want to turn over to achieve that special brand of freedom? Despite it being a backwards decision and removing rights, he is as popular as ever. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

For the majority of people in the US? 

very much so. reinforced via the party primary system and lack of ranked choice options.

• Like 1