Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bob Woodward Says Donald Trump "Does Not Understand Democracy"

Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)

Woodward, who released 20 audio interviews with Trump as part of The Trump Tapes in 2022, said, “I think an important question about Trump is, ‘Who is he?' “In the course of these interviews I asked him, ‘What’s the job of the president?’ And he said, ‘To protect the people.’ Now that’s a good answer. However, he did not protect the people [in the Covid crisis]. And if you get into this — I think it is hopeless to take a psychoanalytic trip. What he does not understand — and this is what is crippling, really important — he does not understand democracy. Why? Because democracy is about the others, the people. For Trump, the focus is himself. It’s all about himself. He does not comprehend democracy.”

Woodward said that he is working on a book on how the Biden administration has handled Ukraine, a monumental crisis that he said that the president and his team had handled “with great seriousness, focus.” “It’s the hardest case in the world,” he said, "If this had happened in the Trump administration, he would have had no idea … how to think it through, how to have the relations with other countries,” Woodward said.

Bob Woodward Says Donald Trump "Does Not Understand Democracy" As ‘Anna' Post-Screening Press Freedom Panel Turns To 2024 Election (msn.com)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Trump didn't protect the people during covid? :blink: He had the southern border closed off and restricted travel from China & Europe.

But when Biden got into office. He opened the floodgates on the border. Now the US has millions of unvetted migrants in the country.

Who knows what diseases they brought in. But Americans were threatened their jobs if they didn't get the jab. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Trump didn't protect the people during covid? :blink: He had the southern border closed off and restricted travel from China & Europe.

But when Biden got into office. He opened the floodgates on the border. Now the US has millions of unvetted migrants in the country.

Who knows what diseases they brought in. But Americans were threatened their jobs if they didn't get the jab. :wacko:

Covid came to my state on March 8,2020 from three people who went on a cruise......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hawken said:

That's right, he did not, he downplayed it and estimates attribute roughly 140 thousand excess deaths due to his handling of the situation. Do try to remember this was a global pandemic and that other countries did show how the situation needed to handled to safeguard the greater community. 

Yes Americans who refused to accept community responsibility were asked to stay away from responsible people. Workplace measures set by the chief medical officer were community guidelines that anti vaxers forget were embraced by the majority of community. anti vaxers have a weird view of the support the seem to think they have. 

Do you think migrants are disease carrying rats or something? I get that impression from your wording.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Care to back that up with proof ( Source ), especially concerning New York.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Nancy Pelsosi et al calling Trump xenophobic because he wanted to restrict travel from China.

Remember when she went parading through Chinatown at beginning of covid?

God you lefties have the worst memory...

Bob Woodward forgot one thing about Ukraine...   Putin would not have invaded with Trump in office.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

I seem to remember Nancy Pelsosi et al calling Trump xenophobic because he wanted to restrict travel from China.

This is where you go wrong.

Making a medical issue political. 

And yet you don't seem to remember Trump downplaying Covid and preventative measures.

Bob Woodward forgot one thing about Ukraine...   Putin would not have invaded with Trump in office.

Would they have done it together? Hand in hand? Trump loves Putin and said he should have pulled the stolen election stunt and said he won the war in the first couple months if he was Putin. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Refresh my memory when did Trump finally restrict flights out of China?

Vladimir would have invaded with Trump in office, however the Ukraine would have had no support US. In addition, Trump would have done everything in his power to prevent NATO from responding also!!! Trump has been a Russian Puppet long before he was a politican!!!:td:

Progressive Charlestown: For Russia, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Vladimir would have invaded with Trump in office, however the Ukraine would have had no support US. In addition, Trump would have done everything in his power to prevent NATO from responding also!!! Trump has been a Russian Puppet long before he was a politican!!!:td:

My favorite was when he restricted flights out of China but not out of other countries so people flying from China just had to do a layover.........

• Like 3

LOL, Bob Woodward.  Where has this sleuth been in the last four years?  Oh, right...

• Like 1

Trump doesn’t understand squat, He’s the anti intellectual equivalent of a flaming bag of dog crap. Just like his boot licking worshippers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Then Joe called it Xenophobic....

Edited by Edumakated
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

My favorite was when he restricted flights out of China but not out of other countries so people flying from China just had to do a layover.........

That is exactly right, the United States paid for it too especially New York!!:( It's why we had so many deaths, Because, two different viral strains entered the United States the original from China and a Mutated Strain from Europe and Trump never restricted flights from Europe to my knowledge!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

LOL, Bob Woodward.  Where has this sleuth been in the last four years?  Oh, right...

Interviewing Donald Trump, and Bob always gets his man!:devil:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Then Joe called it Xenophobic....

Trump never barred flights from Europe, so the Chinese just flew to Europe and caught flights to the East Coast!!

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Trump never barred flights from Europe, so the Chinese just flew to Europe and caught flights to the East Coast!!

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

He did ban flights from Europe.  I knew you and I lived in alternate universes...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

He did ban flights from Europe.  I knew you and I lived in alternate universes...

The corporate media deliberately fails to report a lot of Trump's decisions or policies that are positive thus keeping their viewers ignorant.

They want to keep Orange Man Bad to the public eye.

• Like 1

The corporate media deliberately fails to report a lot of Trump's decisions or policies that are positive thus keeping their viewers ignorant.

And they don't have to work all that hard to accomplish the dumbing down of the left. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hawken said:

They want to keep Orange Man Bad to the public eye.

Yup.  Of course, this is the beauty of the internet and more specifically, videos.  It is easy to pull up what actually happened instead of having the truth buried in some library newspaper microfiche like they could do back in the day.  At least until the left scrubs the internet....       

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edumakated said:

He didn't Ban flights from Europe until March 11, 2020, two months after the Pandemic began and then he only banned flights for 30 day's and this did not include the UK. This was much too little and far far too late the virus was already spreading from the East to the West coast! If you call that an effective ban, your the one in the alternate universe!

Trump Suspends All Travel from Europe for 30 Days to Combat COVID-19

"'President Trump announced a 30-day ban on travel from European countries to the United States, beginning on Friday at midnight, in a bid "to keep new cases" of coronavirus "from entering our shores." The restrictions, he said late Wednesday, do not apply to travelers from the United Kingdom. Homeland Security officials said the travel restrictions would only apply to foreign nationals, not American citizens or legal permanent residents""

Trump Announces Ban On Travel From Europe In Coronavirus Address : NPR