Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's Westchester Golf Course on Radar of NY Attorney General's Office as It Takes First Steps To

Grim Reaper 6

The New York Attorney General’s office has begun the process of potentially confiscating properties owned by former President Donald Trump in New York. The New York Attorney General’s office has lodged judgments in Westchester County, signaling the state’s intent to seize Trump’s golf course and Seven Springs estate. This move follows a ruling against Trump, his sons, and the Trump Organization by Judge Arthur Engoron on March 6.

James could proceed with asset seizure if Trump cannot satisfy the judgment or persuade an appeals court for a reduction or deferment. This move could have significant implications for Trump’s future, potentially spelling the end of his business in New York and beyond.

Trump's Westchester Golf Course On Radar Of NY Attorney General's Office As It Takes First Steps To Seize Properties (msn.com)

• Like 1

The best justice for those who support thugs like this in NYC and DC, will be to have it roll them under someday.  Precedent stops being funny when it starts being you ;)  

To whom would they sell the golf course? 
The ultra-rich might behave like a group of squabbling school boys fighting over the attention of “that one girl, you know the one” most days, until something gives them cause to unite. 
Something like one of their own facing legal charges that might one day be turned against them too. Case in point - all the businessmen deciding to not invest in New York City after the initial charges were filed against Trump. We are about to see a parade of “one law for thee, not for me” going on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, and-then said:

The best justice for those who support thugs like this in NYC and DC, will be to have it roll them under someday.  Precedent stops being funny when it starts being you ;)  

I think that Trump thought because he views himself as entitled that he is above the law, so I suspect this is one hell of a wake up call for him. I also think that people shouldn’t commit a crime if they can do the time so I really have no sympathy him at all.:yes:

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The ultra-rich might behave like a group of squabbling school boys fighting over the attention of “that one girl, you know the one” most days, until something gives them cause to unite. 
Something like one of their own facing legal charges that might one day be turned against them too. Case in point - all the businessmen deciding to not invest in New York City after the initial charges were filed against Trump. We are about to see a parade of “one law for thee, not for me” going on. 

If no one buys the property I suspect that the city of New York will just continue to run the Golf Course and put the profits into city coffers!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The city would be first option wouldn't it? 

That's the point of this. The precedent should instill confidence that nobody is above the law. Even one who slips past it continuously with payouts, throwing others under a bus or outright lying. 

It continues to remind me of Al Capone. Nobody could lay a hand on him legally, but he went down on tax evasion hard. If there's vindictiveness in the ruling, I don't doubt that TENS OF MILLIONS OF AMERICANS feel it's proper justice. We can't call TENS OF MILLIONS OF AMERICANS wrong now can we. So I hear anyway.

• Thanks 1