Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof that wind and solar are disasters

docyabut2

On 3/29/2024 at 6:47 AM, Doug1066 said:

India and China are adding wind power as fast as they can build it.  China has the world's largest workforce dedicated to halting climate change.  What do you think the Three Gorges Dam is - a wading pool for ducks?  It's a way to generate clean electricity.  Both countries still do not have electricity everywhere.  They're where the United States was in 1930.  Most of their new production is going to supply power to places that don't have it yet.  When that is complete, they can afford to start shutting down coal plants.  China shut down its last coal-fired railroad about two years ago.  We're still running four or five coal-fired trains.  The Central Pacific scored a hit with railfans about a year ago when Engine 1401 (the last remaining Big Boy) pulled a freight train for the first time in 82 years.

You've been reading too much right-wing clap trap.  Be sure to get the facts before you start making a fool of yourself.

Doug

China is building a token number of those useless devices and building coal fired power stations as fast as they can, (you know why l know that because Australia is selling them the coal).

On 3/31/2024 at 4:03 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

So all anecdotal and subjective. Wow. Forgive me not taking this seriously. How did the science prediction go for the other stuff like ozone hole getting bigger? Acid rain killing sea life? No snow in the UK starting about a decade ago? Oh, I guess you mran different scientists? Right... lol

I think that Doug, (yeah l know) believes that buying a lie for 20 years makes him an expert? I was a kid when Flannery pushed this crap at the UN in the late 80's, then we got the world ending, tipping point every decade crappola so l guess l have 50 years experience.

Except l don't have to excessively post in order to prove anything.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Any chance of a forum upgrade that goes a step beyond ignore and makes it so you don't even have to see certain users threads at all? I feel my intelligence being sapped away every time OP opens one.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, medes said:

I think that Doug, (yeah l know) believes that buying a lie for 20 years makes him an expert? I was a kid when Flannery pushed this crap at the UN in the late 80's, then we got the world ending, tipping point every decade crappola so l guess l have 50 years experience.

Climate change will go the same way, they'll claim something the science saved the planet whilst inventing the next big threat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Climate change will go the same way, they'll claim something the science saved the planet whilst inventing the next big threat. 

We are in the middle of a mini ice age with probably a decade to go before things start heating up again, and these clowns push hottest year on record, while others who represent some gov, funded Climate Council bleat on no one is taking their "end is nigh tipping point" crap seriously anymore.

We in Vic/Au haven't used our desal, plant for the last three years our dams are near full, (typically 90%+) and we had torrential rain a few days ago with more mild rain this week, l mean honestly who would keep buying this nonsense?

Agreed we need a new threat, the flat earth is nearing its tipping point comes to mind!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, medes said:

We are in the middle of a mini ice age with probably a decade to go before things start heating up again, and these clowns push hottest year on record, while others who represent some gov, funded Climate Council bleat on no one is taking their "end is nigh tipping point" crap seriously anymore.

We in Vic/Au haven't used our desal, plant for the last three years our dams are near full, (typically 90%+) and we had torrential rain a few days ago with more mild rain this week, l mean honestly who would keep buying this nonsense?

Agreed we need a new threat, the flat earth is nearing its tipping point comes to mind!

The whole climate change debacle was started with a proven lie by a bunch of scientists in the East of England. Their email chain showed them faking their results. Since then, funded research 'proved them right' even though it was a lie. All I'm wondering these days is how much it costs to get the results you want from a scientist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The whole climate change debacle was started with a proven lie by a bunch of scientists in the East of England. Their email chain showed them faking their results. Since then, funded research 'proved them right' even though it was a lie. All I'm wondering these days is how much it costs to get the results you want from a scientist.

This scam pays well Previous US presidents who crapped on about abating rising sea levels then proving that they didn't believe a word of it bought a luxury beach house on Hawaii's coastline. Or a house in Marthyards Vineyard near the coast again.

As long as you get three bent scientists you can do a peer reviewed paper on anything and get it published.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, medes said:

China is building a token number of those useless devices and building coal fired power stations as fast as they can, (you know why l know that because Australia is selling them the coal).

China is actually gearing up to build small nuclear reactors. SMRs are a very likely solution to future power. 

20 hours ago, medes said:

Doug, actually being an environmental scientist is indeed an expert. 

Climate change doesn't show major impacts in short time frames, Doug has actually provided examples of decades long observations that illustrate claim mate change as a real thing. 

The guy you are talking to about Doug (OMS) is an attention seeker. He often jumps into threads with very silly controversial posts that normal people find incredibly stupid. He's not a smart man. Doug is. Aquatus hit the nail squarely on the head comparing climate change denialists with creationists who can't understand and accept evolution. 

He is also right that the thread is about renewable energy. An important step towards sustainability. If you wish to learn about climate change it would be best you start a thread on the topic and stop feeding the thread troll. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, medes said:

We have had three unusually wet summers in a row because of the El Niño phase. If you really are an Aussie you should be all over that.

Those dedal plants were built because of life threatening droughts. Now we have more water than we can handle three years in a row and your saying nothing changed? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

We have had three unusually wet summers in a row because of the El Niño phase. If you really are an Aussie you should be all over that.

Those dedal plants were built because of life threatening droughts. Now we have more water than we can handle three years in a row and your saying nothing changed? 

I am all over that also over that the BOM keep bombing, since they really want our seas to boil and the angry sharks to really get pi....ed, because fruitcakes outnumber sane people who crunch the numbers and report the weather, (farmers are pretty p...ed at them as well buying the hot weather and getting rain).

Australia has always had drought and then rain, l lived through a 10 year drought once and you know what the world didn't end in fact we got a s...load of rain at the end of it.

The desal plant will come in handy and not because of the garbage about us frying to a crisp and the world ending but because of our out of control immigration and fruitcakes bleating on about how hot it is when it isn't.

45 minutes ago, medes said:

I am all over that also over that the BOM keep bombing, since they really want our seas to boil and the angry sharks to really get pi....ed, because fruitcakes outnumber sane people who crunch the numbers and report the weather, (farmers are pretty p...ed at them as well buying the hot weather and getting rain).

Farmers have been happy this year. The wet summer have great crops. Wine makers are claiming the best vines in years. 

The BOM predicted a dry summer. Because of doesn't usually strike three years running. Thanks climate change! I could see it was going to be a wet summer and predicted it.

Australia has always had drought and then rain, l lived through a 10 year drought once and you know what the world didn't end in fact we got a s...load of rain at the end of it.

Where were you? 

I grew up in outback Queensland. I've seen droughts and flood from a farmer's perspective. We never had a ten year drought in the downs. We had droughts and I lived through a flood. I my opinion, flood seems to be more frequent than ever.

The desal plant will come in handy and not because of the garbage about us frying to a crisp and the world ending but because of our out of control immigration and fruitcakes bleating on about how hot it is when it isn't.

No, it was because we had droughts that were a threat to life. That's why they got built. You many not remember the droughts that inspired them, but I do remember dams under 20% and water restrictions. I remember seeing parts of old buildings creep out of the Hinze dam at the time. 

Now we had a freaking tornado on the gold coast at Christmas. That's never happened before. Smog levels are insane in some places and the air is barely breathable. You can't tell me that hasn't affected anything. How could it not? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Farmers have been happy this year. The wet summer have great crops. Wine makers are claiming the best vines in years.

The BOM predicted a dry summer. Because of doesn't usually strike three years running. Thanks climate change! I could see it was going to be a wet summer and predicted it.

Where were you? 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2024-01-22/farmers-frustrated-after-incorrect-bom-el-nino-forecast/103351428

I lived in country Victoria most of my life.

I grew up in outback Queensland. I've seen droughts and flood from a farmer's perspective. We never had a ten year drought in the downs. We had droughts and I lived through a flood. I my opinion, flood seems to be more frequent than ever.

No, it was because we had droughts that were a threat to life. That's why they got built. You many not remember the droughts that inspired them, but I do remember dams under 20% and water restrictions. I remember seeing parts of old buildings creep out of the Hinze dam at the time. 

I do remember and some where saying it was far better and cheaper to build more dams, but Dan Andrews and his muppets accepted Flannery's garbage about rain evaporating before hitting the ground and other rubbish and did the world's biggest desel plant.

Now we had a freaking tornado on the gold coast at Christmas. That's never happened before. Smog levels are insane in some places and the air is barely breathable. You can't tell me that hasn't affected anything. How could it not? 

Has there ever been a tornado in Queensland?

November 29, 1992 - Two violent tornadoes in SE QLD in one day. An F3 tornado struck Oakhurst (approximately 220km's north of Brisbane) and surrounding areas early in the afternoon.

A freak weather event doesn't prove anything.

The heaviest hailstones on record weighed up to 1 kg (2 lb) and are reported to have killed 92 people in the Gopalganj area of Bangladesh on 14 April 1986.14 Apr 1986

This happened around the time the Flannery circus was bleating on about CO2 levels in the UN, and l don't see Bangladesh being destroyed by massive hailstorms recently, the planet has freak weather events always has always will.

38 minutes ago, medes said:

LoL

Gidday from the top end 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/103301104

I do remember and some where saying it was far better and cheaper to build more dams, but Dan Andrews and his muppets accepted Flannery's garbage about rain evaporating before hitting the ground and other rubbish and did the world's biggest desel plant.

Didn't Bracks put together the desal plant? Qld panicked and built one on the gold coast too. It's as useful as the Victorian one. But water levels were below 30% at the time and that does future proof more reliably. The Thomas dam is a perfect example. Built over a decade before the desal plant was even proposed, it's rarely at capacity. It's only been at capacity there times since it was built. Doesn't that working example support his final conclusion? It's not like anyone in Australia saw constant wet seasons in the future. 

A freak weather event doesn't prove anything.

It's never happened on the gold coast. A tornado an hour north isn't in a coastline. 

It's been three El Niños in three years. That's a significant change. I know I've not seen that in my fifty + years and I'll bet you haven't either. Summers are hot. It wasn't good enough to even hot the beach this year. 

This happened around the time the Flannery circus was bleating on about CO2 levels in the UN, and l don't see Bangladesh being destroyed by massive hailstorms recently, the planet has freak weather events always has always will.

Near-term regional climate change over Bangladesh

Look at this picture 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2hO8PNpak3Xs3o6aaWXF

How can that not be having any effect on the climate across the globe? Volcanoes can wipe out life if they get too numerous and active. It's the same gasses. Why would man made disasters not be equal to natural disasters? 

Venus is an entire planet that had been destroyed by natural climate change. We have studied it and how it got to where it is today. What we are doing is accelerating a process that can happen naturally under the right conditions. Why is it so unlikely? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

LoL

Gidday from the top end 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/103301104

Didn't Bracks put together the desal plant? Qld panicked and built one on the gold coast too. It's as useful as the Victorian one. But water levels were below 30% at the time and that does future proof more reliably. The Thomas dam is a perfect example. Built over a decade before the desal plant was even proposed, it's rarely at capacity. It's only been at capacity there times since it was built. Doesn't that working example support his final conclusion? It's not like anyone in Australia saw constant wet seasons in the future. 

It's never happened on the gold coast. A tornado an hour north isn't in a coastline. 

It's been three El Niños in three years. That's a significant change. I know I've not seen that in my fifty + years and I'll bet you haven't either. Summers are hot. It wasn't good enough to even hot the beach this year. 

Near-term regional climate change over Bangladesh

Look at this picture 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2hO8PNpak3Xs3o6aaWXF

How can that not be having any effect on the climate across the globe? Volcanoes can wipe out life if they get too numerous and active. It's the same gasses. Why would man made disasters not be equal to natural disasters? 

Venus is an entire planet that had been destroyed by natural climate change. We have studied it and how it got to where it is today. What we are doing is accelerating a process that can happen naturally under the right conditions. Why is it so unlikely? 

You can take an image of Hawaii at the right time of day and it looks like it is on fire.

Summers are hot lol, summers in our state have been short and cold during the hottest year crappola and l remember stickin hot summers with weeks typically ranging from 34 to 40 dg, in the 1970's or when C02 levels were way lower and we had scientists bleating on about a mini ice age.

Venus the only reason the Earth didn't go the same way was because we had naturally formed Carcalnite rocks that absorbed it all.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, medes said:

Summers are hot lol, summers in our state have been short and cold during the hottest year crappola and l remember stickin hot summers with weeks typically ranging from 34 to 40 dg, in the 1970's or when C02 levels were way lower and we had scientists bleating on about a mini ice age.

Your state isn't the whole planet.

You need to look beyond your back garden ;)    Indeed, it's quite possible for the world to have it's warmest year on record and yet somewhere in the world  experiences it's coldest on record.  The latter does not disprove the former :)     (I notice Victoria was the only state not to have this summer in it's top 10 hottest.  But nationally it was Australia's 3rd hottest summer - whilst globally every month was the warmest ever recorded)

Anecdotal memories of it being hotter when we were young are not evidence of anything.    And the only ones who've been bleating on about a mini ice age are the climate change deniers - who have been predicting an imminent mini ice age every year this century, all so far without success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, medes said:

Venus the only reason the Earth didn't go the same way was because we had naturally formed Carcalnite rocks that absorbed it all.

What type of rock, chief?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Your state isn't the whole planet.

You need to look beyond your back garden ;)    Indeed, it's quite possible for the world to have it's warmest year on record and yet somewhere in the world  experiences it's coldest on record.  The latter does not disprove the former :)     (I notice Victoria was the only state not to have this summer in it's top 10 hottest.  But nationally it was Australia's 3rd hottest summer - whilst globally every month was the warmest ever recorded)

Anecdotal memories of it being hotter when we were young are not evidence of anything.    And the only ones who've been bleating on about a mini ice age are the climate change deniers - who have been predicting an imminent mini ice age every year this century, all so far without success.

Globally every month lol, that is pretty funny you should ask some members here from the US whether they have had their hottest summer ever and, (unless they want to believe in the world ending no matter what) they will give you a similar answer!

34 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

What type of rock, chief?

Go look it up chief!

1 minute ago, medes said:

Go look it up chief!

I don't need to, since it's not a type of rock. You've misspelled something, or are confused. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to correct yourself.

• Like 6

On 4/2/2024 at 3:42 AM, medes said:

China's currently installed capacity for wind is 75.32 GW, 27% of the world's total (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364032115004633).

It has the capacity to generate 2.88 billion kW and that's not counting off-shore (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15435075.2013.830261).

China is currently generating 70 to 80% of its power from coal, which is creating pollution and health problems for it.

It is installing wind capacity faster than any other country on earth.  Current installation will replace coal as the coal plants wear out.  In the meantime, they need electricity and see no reason why they should sit in the dark so we who created the problem can lead a comfortable life.

Doug

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I don't need to, since it's not a type of rock. You've misspelled something, or are confused. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to correct yourself.

On Earth the oceans remove CO2 from the atmosphere and deposit it as rock on the sea floor. (Google Exert).

Pretty sure the full explanation was in one of the COSMOS recent series, where very high CO2 almost made the Earth a wasteland in Prehistoric times.

Edited by medes

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

China's currently installed capacity for wind is 75.32 GW, 27% of the world's total (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364032115004633).

It has the capacity to generate 2.88 billion kW and that's not counting off-shore (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15435075.2013.830261).

China is currently generating 70 to 80% of its power from coal, which is creating pollution and health problems for it.

It is installing wind capacity faster than any other country on earth.  Current installation will replace coal as the coal plants wear out.  In the meantime, they need electricity and see no reason why they should sit in the dark so we who created the problem can lead a comfortable life.

Doug

80% from coal with several new ones coming on line every week, lol they won't wear out or they will just build a new one in 50 years when the old one cannot be repaired anymore.

Doug?

I am into solar.  I have many lights and other items that run off the sun.  I also have a small back up battery system powered by a couple solar panels.

Wind is too costly for home use.  I also question the use of the turbines for generating power.   They are always being repaired.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, medes said:

Globally every month lol, that is pretty funny you should ask some members here from the US whether they have had their hottest summer ever and, (unless they want to believe in the world ending no matter what) they will give you a similar answer!

Go look it up chief!

Well obviously it was winter in the USA.  But since you ask..... It was their warmest on record. 

https://www.noaa.gov/news/us-had-its-warmest-winter-on-record

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, medes said:

Pretty sure the full explanation was in one of the COSMOS recent series, where very high CO2 almost made the Earth a wasteland in Prehistoric times.

The quote as regards carbon dioxide and the oceans is basically correct, as far as the long term repository of carbon goes. You probably wanted 'limestone' or 'calcium carbonate' instead of whatever 'calcarnite'. Could have been a corruption of 'calcarenite', which is just a specific term of art for limestone. Hence, my curiosity. It's interesting to see how jargon translates for the common clay of the new West.

A non-negligible amount of carbon in rocks is actually in other rock types, like shale, or coal.

Prehistoric times is a pretty wide range of time. Plenty of times when Earth was quite happy with high CO2, certainly times when high CO2 - and the consequences thereof - led to significant biotic impacts.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, medes said:

Exactly how much about the prehistoric world, paleo geology and paleo-climatology are you familiar with?

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 2