Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

True Man of God – Pastor Arrested for Allegedly Hiring Hitmen to Kill Daughter’s Boyfriend

Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)

Last week, Riverside police arrested Samuel Pasillas after gathering enough evidence that he had ordered the attempted murder of the man dating his own daughter. The hit took place on October 21, 2023, in Riverside. The victim was sitting in his car when he was shot multiple times from a vehicle that pulled up alongside his.

The shooters quickly drove away, but the victim survived by driving himself to a nearby hospital. He couldn’t provide investigators with too much information about his would-be killers, but five months later, police concluded that the incident was a “murder-for-hire shooting” orchestrated by his girlfriend’s father, Pastor.

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/man-of-god-pastor-arrested-for-allegedly-hiring-hitmen-to-kill-daughters-boyfriend.html

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length - please avoid copying and pasting too much text.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The shooters quickly drove away, but the victim survived by driving himself to a nearby hospital

not very good hitmen then.... or it could be the pastor prayed to god for the plan to work & god thought no, this is not a nice thing to do?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

not very good hitmen then.... or it could be the pastor prayed to god for the plan to work & god thought no, this is not a nice thing to do?

If he didn’t pray to God, I bet he’s praying to God right now.:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

If he didn’t pray to God, I bet he’s praying to God right now.:P

😁 yeah nice one Grim :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

😁 yeah nice one Grim :tu:

Thanks my brother!!!!:tu:

Odds on the pastor being an Evangelical, and the victim a Democrat?

• Like 3

Not a major issue, but the guy is a layman in his church, not a paid pastor. He occasionally took pastoral duties (which probably means he gave a sermon at church when the pastor was away, based on my experiences with layman preachers before I deconverted). That doesn't change the terrible nature of what he did, but it does make it slightly less sensational when we realise he didn't go through years of seminary to throw his life away like this. 

The law should come down on him pretty hard, hopefully. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not a major issue, but the guy is a layman in his church

I read the entire article twice, and no mention was made about him being a layman. Post a link or retract it. 

27 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I read the entire article twice, and no mention was made about him being a layman. Post a link or retract it. 

I was doing my own research to find out what kind of church the guy ran, found out he was a layman, as noted: 

Pastor Rafael Parras, who runs Centro de Oración Internacional, told NBCLA the church does not have a fixed location and holds services around Victorville. He said Pasillas has been a volunteer with the church for about 10 years and filled in on pastor duties when Parras was away.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/socal-pastor-accused-in-murder-for-hire-plot-that-targeted-man-dating-his-daughter/3466956/

This church is run by Pastor Rafael Parras. Samuel Davalas Pasillas is a layman pastor who fills in when Pastor Parras isn't available. From my experience with small churches "filling in on pastor duties" usually meant running church on Sundays when the pastor had a day off, giving the sermon and such. I've given a couple of sermons in my time, though obviously not since I deconverted. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I was doing my own research to find out what kind of church the guy ran, found out he was a layman, as noted: 

This church is run by Pastor Rafael Parras. Samuel Davalas Pasillas is a layman pastor who fills in when Pastor Parras isn't available. From my experience with small churches "filling in on pastor duties" usually meant running church on Sundays when the pastor had a day off, giving the sermon and such. I've given a couple of sermons in my time, though obviously not since I deconverted. 

Thank you.

• Like 2