Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terror attack in Moscow. 40 killed, over 100 injured at concert hall

and-then

10 minutes ago, ChewiesArmy said:

I’m not suggesting Ukraine was behind this, but why would ISIS hit Russia? Is there a history there I missed?

Russia is just as involved in Middle Eastern and African conflicts as the United States is. In the eyes of the terrorists Russia is viewed the same as the United States as an unwanted Christain invader.:yes: 

• Like 8

Making nuclear threats probably isn't helping any.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, ChewiesArmy said:

I’m not suggesting Ukraine was behind this, but why would ISIS hit Russia? Is there a history there I missed?

Russia carried out missile attacks on ISIS during the Syrian civil war.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, and-then said:

ISIS has claimed responsibility, not that it matters in today's post-truth, post-factual world.

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Actually accept the truth, and facts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, the US publicly and no doubt privately warned Russia this was going to happen, Russia's dictator rejected the warning publicly, and then the attack happened, as the warning indicated.

It's hard to help bad people.

• Like 7

It could also be a false flag by Putin. It wouldn't be the first time.

Over on fark, they've heard rumblings that it may have been Chechn soldiers  retaliating against a Russian attack. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChewiesArmy said:

Yes, Russia supported Assad in Syria. That includes counter-ISIS operations. They haven't coordinated with the US led coalition other than making sure they don't shoot each other down but Russia has been very active in the war against ISIS. This is far from the first ISIS attack in Russia too.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

RIP to the victims.  I wonder if Biden will offer his condolences and then sarcastically say "I told you so."  My first thought was that Russia might have carried it out to either blame Ukraine and boost national patriotism and rally support, or to gain public and political support to implement new extreme security measures e.g.  ID cards, all social media accounts to be verified and strictly monitored by the government, with financial transactions frozen at the first sign of disloyalty.  Then again, it could be what the media is currently saying, an act of radical terrorism.  I recall Isis blew up a Russian passenger jet in 2015.

It could be more sinister in that Russia allowed it to happen so that they could implement something further down the line, similar to people who claim Israel allowed the Oct 7 attack to happen so that they could conquer Gaza, or the US allowed 9/11 to happen to set things in motion for the invasion of Iraq.

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 2

Red Flag

• Like 2

There's also the whole Chechen terrorist thing that has been going on through the years for the Islamist Seperatist movement in Chechnya.  I wouldn't be surprised if this current iteration is merely them siding with ISIS.

Moscow theater hostage crisis - Wikipedia

Beslan school siege - Wikipedia

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The current breaking news on CNN is now saying 60 dead. Nothing posted online raising the death toll yet.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

The current breaking news on CNN is now saying 60 dead. Nothing posted online raising the death toll yet.

That's terrible. And it'll probably grow more. Tragic for the victims.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It's online now. At least 60 dead and 145 hospitalized with 60 in serious condition. 

Crocus City Hall concert hall shooting: ISIS claims attack that left at least 40 dead in Moscow-area music hall | CNN

In a speech Tuesday, Putin had blasted the American warnings as “provocative,” saying “these actions resemble outright blackmail and the intention to intimidate and destabilize our society.”

However, the attack at the concert venue comes near the end of a month in which a string of ISIS related incidents were reported by RIA.

March alone, Russian authorities had thwarted several ISIS related incidents, according to RIA. On March 3, RIA reported that six ISIS members were killed in a counter-terrorist operation in the Ingush Karabulak; on March 7, it said security services had uncovered and “neutralized” a cell of the banned organization Vilayat Khorasan in the Kaluga region, whose members were planning an attack on a synagogue in Moscow; and on March 20, it said the commander of an ISIS combat group had been detained.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

It is usually the EU and US in recent years which has been in the headlines consistently for these kind of attacks from Islamic terrorists and mass shooters. 

Russia had suffered from an Islamic extremist attack in 2004 in the tragic Beslan school siege which had resulted in heavy casualties. But that was around two decades back. Looks like Islamist extremists are using the distractions of the Ukraine war to hit Russia again. 

Edited by Ajay0
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, and-then said:

This is due to Russia and China's UN veto of the Gaza Ceasefire.  They are now enemies of Islam, if it wasn't perfectly obvious that they were enemies of Islam before, with all the murder of UIgurs and Chechens.  Now ISIS has realized that Russia is WEAK.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 6

Unfortunately Russia is as easier target that many other western countries (I consider Russia a western country whatever they say :P )

This should be a wake up call as to whom the real enemy is.  But sadly it wont.

Terrible news though.   According to BBC reports after shooting many at the concert, they then set the building on fire to kill even more :(    Awful, nasty, inhuman cowards targetting the weak and innocent, as usual.   Nice trip to hell awaits them all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Now ISIS has realized that Russia is WEAK.

That has a lot to do with it, more opportunities.

But tell me, isn't Vladimir going to be a little miffed at his friend Donald who told the world he eliminated ISIS?  Maybe he didn't do that after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

It is usually the EU and US in recent years which has been in the headlines consistently for these kind of attacks from Islamic terrorists and mass shooters. 

Russia had suffered from an Islamic extremist attack in 2004 in the tragic Beslan school siege which had resulted in heavy casualties. But that was around two decades back. Looks like Islamist extremists are using the distractions of the Ukraine war to hit Russia again. 

That's just because our media naturally focusses on things in our countries more than those in Russia. Russia has suffered Islamist terrorist attacks pretty much every year. To those who follow these events this isn't unusual except for the scale.

I imagine the only reason it's such big news here is because Russia is currently in people's minds and the scale of the attack. 

But it's sadly nothing that unusual.

• Like 4

Some animals act more civilized than some humans, sad but true.

When will this world learn that you can't stop violence with more violence because then you will just create more violence repeatedly!

I feel sorry for all the victims and their families.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The death toll is now at 93. Putin was told 11 suspects are in custody. Russia is saying they were attempting to cross the Russian Ukrainian border. The auditorium where the attack took place has been totally destroyed.

Moscow concert hall attack: death toll rises to 93 as Putin told suspects have been detained – live updates (msn.com)

As a result of the actions of the special services and law enforcement agencies, 11 people were detained, including 4 terrorists who were directly involved in the terrorist attack in Crocus City Hall.

After committing the terrorist attack, the criminals intended to cross the Russian-Ukrainian border and had relevant contacts on the Ukrainian side. The investigation into the terrorist attack continues.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is not just Russia, but there is an increased threat perception of  Islamist attacks in EU as well .

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/12/26/warning-of-increased-risk-of-isis-terror-attacks-across-europe-on-new-years-eve/

“These arrests demonstrate once again that ISIS remains a serious threat to the West,” Counter Extremism Project chief executive Ambassador Mark Wallace said.

“ISIS is not only trying to take advantage of Hamas’s war against Israel to motivate its supporters and sympathisers but is also attempting to organise terror attacks in Europe to demonstrate its continued relevance within the terrorist milieu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajay0 said:

It is not just Russia, but there is an increased threat perception of  Islamist attacks in EU as well .

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/12/26/warning-of-increased-risk-of-isis-terror-attacks-across-europe-on-new-years-eve/

Yes, fortunately our security services take warnings seriously.

• Like 1