Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little Rascals’ trio, ages 11, 12 and 16, arrested for robbing bank

Grim Reaper 6

HOUSTON — Three boys, ages 11, 12 and 16, and dubbed the “Little Rascals,” have been arrested for robbing a bank in Houston, authorities confirmed Wednesday.Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the youngsters are in custody and have been charged with robbery by threat. Gonzalez said that because of their ages, no additional information would be released, and the sheriff’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request for more information.

Houston’s ABC 13 reported that the boys passed a threatening note to a teller before fleeing on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash. The station also reported that the parents of two of the boys identified them after their photos were released, while a third boy was recognized by a law enforcement officer following a fight.

The FBI’s Houston office says they were wanted for robbing a Wells Fargo bank in the Greenspoint area of north Houston on March 14. The FBI posted an image of the trio on X, showing all three of them wearing hoodies inside the bank’s lobby. A message left with the FBI seeking additional information wasn’t immediately returned.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/03/21/fbi-little-rascals-trio-ages-11-12-and-16-arrested-for-robbing-a-houston-bank/

• Sad 1

They just needed the loan to rebuild the He-Man Woman Haters Club House. 

• Haha 1

They’ll get a slap on the wrist and be told to not be naughty. 

• Like 2

Robbery by threat?  So three kids walk into a bank and say, "Give me your money or there's gonna be a big problem!" and the bank tellers do it?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’ll get a slap on the wrist and be told to not be naughty. 

Not in the United States, if found guilty they will sentenced to a Juvenile Detention Facility where they will be required to serve a sentence. However, in most of these Juvenile cases the sentence will not exceed their 18th birthday!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Not in the United States, if found guilty they will sentenced to a Juvenile Detention Facility where they will be required to serve a sentence. However, in most of these Juvenile cases the sentence will not exceed their 18th birthday!!!

Sad but juvi will become a school for these kids to graduate into the criminal world 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Sad but juvi will become a school for these kids to graduate into the criminal world 

Yes, it certainly will but hopefully it will teach them an important lesson now instead of after they are 18 years old! Because obviously their parents have not done a very good job instilling the proper values in them!!:yes:

• Like 2

Why do I think there's someone older behind all this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

That is certainly very possible, to be honest I have never heard of children robbing a bank in my entire life, have you?

• Like 1

kids at this age with intent would nick sweats from a shop & probably get the same punishment if court--- if you're going to do something like this at least make it worth it if you can get away with it!

these kids obviously have a brain & should be encouraged to put their talents to something more helpful to society? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

yeah good point

• Thanks 2

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That is certainly very possible, to be honest I have never heard of children robbing a bank in my entire life, have you?

No. A 16 yr old may have thought it up but not an 11 or 12 yr old. Not even these days. I've always heard about adults talking kids into doing things because the punishment for them isn't as severe. An adult would get 20 yrs. If this is the case, I hope they find out who was behind this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I've always heard about adults talking kids into doing things because the punishment for them isn't as severe.

that's been happening for thousands of years- so no surprise you've heard about it 😁

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

No. A 16 yr old may have thought it up but not an 11 or 12 yr old. Not even these days. I've always heard about adults talking kids into doing things because the punishment for them isn't as severe. An adult would get 20 yrs. If this is the case, I hope they find out who was behind this.

I agree with you Susie, sadly it could also be Gang Related. Gangs use kids this age all the time to transport and sell drugs for the same reason!:yes:

• Like 1

Maybe they identified as "bank robbers". After all, we are encouraged to identify, maybe they were too young to realise the consequences of identifying as that particular gender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Robbery by threat?  So three kids walk into a bank and say, "Give me your money or there's gonna be a big problem!" and the bank tellers do it?

The tellers should just say '**** off' and call the parents. There must be more to this.

• Like 1

It's Texas. They were probably being bootstrappy. 

(s)