Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate passes mammoth $1.2T spending package after brief partial government shutdown

Grim Reaper 6

Senators voted in favor of passing the $1.2 trillion spending package by a vote of 74-24 The text for the group of bills was only unveiled in the early hours of Thursday morning, angering several Republicans in the upper chamber. The appropriations measures were considered in the House on Friday morning, ultimately passing by a vote of 286–134, with a majority of Republicans, 112, voting against them. After several stopgap bills to push spending bill deadlines, the government is set to be fully funded until the Sept. 30, 2024 deadline for fiscal year 2025 appropriations bills. 

Senate passes mammoth $1.2T spending package after brief partial government shutdown | Fox News

• Like 1

Well thank F for that.  The GOP clown show didn't derail the country again.  The GOP is supposed to be a party of Conservatives, not totalitarians and conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Well thank F for that.  The GOP clown show didn't derail the country again.  The GOP is supposed to be a party of Conservatives, not totalitarians and conspiracy theorists.

I agree with you but again the MAGA House Members are calling for the House Speaker to step down because of the bipartisanship!

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree you but again the MAGA House Members are calling for the House Speaker to step down because of the bipartisanship!

I think the Dems will co-opt him, and make him THEIR speaker.  MAGATs are idiots and traitors, so why wouldn't Johnson betray MAGA?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I think the Dems will co-opt him, and make him THEIR speaker.  MAGATs are idiots and traitors, so why not betray MAGA?

Yea the Dems will cover his back, they have already made that intention public.

• Like 1