Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats Poised To Take Over House Amid Mike Johnson Ouster Threat

Grim Reaper 6

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene's motion to vacate resolution against House Speaker Mike Johnson may give Democrats an opportunity to get concessions from the Louisiana Republican, with one prominent conservative warning that ousting Johnson could end with a Democratic speaker. The motion is unprivileged, meaning it does not automatically force a vote. Specifically, he will face a major decision about whether to hold a vote on a bill for additional funding for Ukraine and other United States allies abroad including Israel and Taiwan.

Greene has opposed this bill, arguing those funds should be spent at home to secure the U.S.-Mexico border. If he holds a vote on that legislation, Greene could move to hold a vote on her resolution. After Representative Ken Buck steps down at the end of Friday, the Republicans' majority will shrink to only five members, with a makeup of 218 Republicans and 213 Democrats. This means that if a vote is held, Johnson could only afford two defections without turning to Democrats, who may demand concessions on policy issues such as the foreign aid bill.

Will Democrats Take Over House Amid Mike Johnson Ouster Threat? (newsweek.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Or they could side with the extremists to vote him out like the last guy leaving the Republicans in a leaderless mess to add some fun in this election season.

• Like 2

Green is a Feaking Nut Job, the people in her district must be very uneducated to elected her to office. :td:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Green is a Feaking Nut Job, the people in her district must be very uneducated to elected her to office. :td:

Lots of people believe/d that she placed the pipe bombs at Congress Jan 5. The only thing I saw was that there was a picture of her, and the bomber side by side, and their running shoes matched. Im not saying she did it, but I find it hilarious that the queen of conspiracy theories got nailed with one. Sweet, sweet karma.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Lots of people believe/d that she placed the pipe bombs at Congress Jan 5. The only thing I saw was that there was a picture of her, and the bomber side by side, and their running shoes matched. Im not saying she did it, but I find it hilarious that the queen of conspiracy theories got nailed with one. Sweet, sweet karma.

I wish they could prove it was her, I would like to see that nasty b**** in jail. She has totally aligned herself with Donald Trump. And she totally has TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome, when Trump finally goes down in flames she will follow him that will be a great day for America!!!!!:angry:

Marjorie Greene is waxing her chest and on the roids 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Sorry to say this but the Republican Party is imploding and I agree the only ones voting GOP will be full of sh!t like their leaders

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Sorry to say this but the Republican Party is imploding and I agree the only ones voting GOP will be full of sh!t like their leaders

I know it, and it makes sick because I am a Republican. I have never in my life seen the Republican in such disarray, and all the division has been caused by a Malignant Narcissist who thinks he is entitled and above the law. But maybe it's time to burn the party down, cut out the rot and rebuild it, I just don't know!!!!!!:no:

Peace

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

She may have a point

You need American space lasers to defend yourselves against Jewish space lasers. 

At the moment, America is defenceless against Jewish space lasers. As far as we know..........

800px-Dark_Brandon.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I know it, and it makes sick because I am a Republican. I have never in my life seen the Republican in such disarray, and all the division has been caused by a Malignant Narcissist who thinks he is entitled and above the law. But maybe it's time to burn the party down, cut out the rot and rebuild it, I just don't know!!!!!!:no:

Peace

Now hold on there mate. You probably know better, but if the democrats take the house then isn’t it possible they could impeach Trump on insurrection charges and thus disqualify him from running as president?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Now hold on there mate. You probably know better, but if the democrats take the house then isn’t it possible they could impeach Trump on insurrection charges and thus disqualify him from running as president?

No, they cannot, according to the US Constitution to impeach someone they must be currently holding office. Impeachment is used to remove a Politician from their position if they have violated state or federal laws. So basically, impeachment is the only way to remove someone from a political office where they were voted in by their constituents. It doesn't apply to political appointments by the President, he can ask for their resignation anytime he chooses too.

I think that about covers it!:yes:

• Thanks 1