Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Healthcare or is it really Sickcare?

Hawken

5 things you can do to reduce your visits to the doctor. Take charge of your body.

• Like 3

Another You Tube vid by a paid influencer. Instead of trying to get us to watch it, how about a summary instead?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Another You Tube vid by a paid influencer. Instead of trying to get us to watch it, how about a summary instead?

Yeah, I know. You get your info from CNN & MSNBC. :w00t:

RM2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

how about a summary instead?

1- Eat healthy.
2- Get regular sleep.
3- Exercise more 
4- Maintain/build social ties. 

Doing these 4 things (the video says 5, but #3 and #4 in the video are basically about exercise) will mean you are healthier and less likely to need a doctor. Not Prager U's most inspired video, but it's good advice nonetheless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Hawken said:

RM2.jpg

No I don't. Don't presume to know my sources. I certainly don't depend on some You Tuber who's sold himself out like a prostitute. What you just posted to me is called projectionism. Look it up. While your at it, check out the background of your source. I check many non biased sources before I opine on any given topic. You Tube is only slightly less odious than Truth Social, News Max, or TwitterX. In some ways You Tube is worse with the insane amount of grifters given a platform to ply their trade. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

1- Eat healthy.
2- Get regular sleep.
3- Exercise more 

Doing these 4 things (the video says 5, but #3 and #4 in the video are basically about exercise) will mean you are healthier and less likely to need a doctor. Not Prager U's most inspired video, but it's good advice nonetheless. 

It not the video he's got his panties in a bunch about. He knows I'm a Maga and wants to take jabs. :w00t:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Meh, I get that too. It's their thing. I get told that I get all my opinions from YouTube. So eat healthy, get regular sleep, exercise and maintain good social bonds - YouTube said so, it must be good! Of course, that's ridiculous, no one really thinks I got those four points from YouTube and only YouTube, but it's the level of argumentation they use and I don't know if they are clever enough to realise it or whether they notice it and do it anyway - I'm still trying to figure that part out. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Hawken

I see what you did there... kinda like the way Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with planning parenthood.... more like avoiding parenthood by eliminating a baby from the equation.

Edited by Alex_Rogan
added @
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Meh, I get that too. It's their thing. I get told that I get all my opinions from YouTube. So eat healthy, get regular sleep, exercise and maintain good social bonds - YouTube said so, it must be good! Of course, that's ridiculous, no one really thinks I got those four points from YouTube and only YouTube, but it's the level of argumentation they use and I don't know if they are clever enough to realise it or whether they notice it and do it anyway - I'm still trying to figure that part out. 

They also must think videos on YT about how to replace a part on a vehicle is fake, :lol:

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Hawken said:

They also must think videos on YT about how to replace a part on a vehicle is fake, :lol:

By the same token do you now believe that the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake and aliens built the pyramids? 

It's all on YouTube. 

Must be true eh. I mean wheels are real aren't they. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hawken said:

5 things you can do to reduce your visits to the doctor. Take charge of your body.

Canning the doctor is terrible advice. Dr Google isn't anyone's friend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

1- Eat healthy.
2- Get regular sleep.
3- Exercise more 

I didn't watch the video but will add my two cents based on my lifestyle.

1. Its not what you eat.  It's more important to think in terms of what not to eat.  Sugar is the most important substance you shouldn't eat. It's also the toughest to limit in our diets because it's practically in almost everything and extremely addictive. But it can be done. Read labels. Limit your sugar intake now and you'll notice a difference in days. 

2. Lifts weights, women too. Lift heavy for you not what is considered heavy for body builders and power lifters. Perform the exercises slowly and strict focusing on the muscle you're targeting. (Use YouTube videos, YES! YouTube videos to learn how to do the correct form on each exercise. I recommend Youtube channel athlean-x IMO he's the best on YouTube) Create a gym at your home. The toughest part of working out regularly is getting to and from the gym. Cut that part out by bringing the gym to your home. 

3. Work out in the evening.  It's easier to get to sleep if your body is tired. Also, sleeping after your workout is the best thing you can do to assist in recovery. 

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

RM2.jpg

Gonna need a fact check on this  meme buds! 

Where's our fact checking Google Lens member hiding out?

Hahaha

🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha

🤣

I thought the corporate media were the sultans of truth. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha

🤣

Conservatives have the weirdest sense of humor. Like laughing while your kicking a dead cat kinda humor. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Canning the doctor is terrible advice. Dr Google isn't anyone's friend. 

You Tube is a place you where you can falsly claim to be a doctor, give out medical advice, and get paid to boot. All without legal consequences. It's all about the clicks.

Makes you wonder if this is why there's so many job openings, and no one to fill them. It'd be interesting to know how many channels You Tube has. Anyone? Off to the Googles!

I'm back. The have over 113.9 million channels, and growing rapidly. That's insane.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hawken said:

It not the video he's got his panties in a bunch about. He knows I'm a Maga and wants to take jabs. :w00t:

Oh No!!! So, your MAGANITE and you worship the Gods Chosen One Donald Trump ! So, you really have drunk the Kool-laid, Bent the knee and kissed his Nasty ass ring!!:w00t:

There is no hope for you, my friend!!!!:D

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Conservatives have the weirdest sense of humor. Like laughing while your kicking a dead cat kinda humor. 

I'm a Libertarian and I love cats!  

🤣 

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

I thought the corporate media were the sultans of truth. :D

Correct!  Corporate media never stretch the truth! 

🤣 

20240326_002634.thumb.jpg.a43ef299c05021d7018153586fdc0639.jpg

49 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You Tube is a place you where you can falsly claim to be a doctor, give out medical advice, and get paid to boot. All without legal consequences. It's all about the clicks.

Makes you wonder if this is why there's so many job openings, and no one to fill them. It'd be interesting to know how many channels You Tube has. Anyone?

I've seen some really awful YouTube personalities with just disgraceful records. Even violent pricks get a free pass because they say what someone wants to hear.

Personally I feel it ultimately backfires every time. At some point someone questions the ethical capabilities of these creeps. Jonathan Majors lost a lucrative contract and pretty much destroyed his career in the real world for assault. On YouTube he would be a king 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe02vLBse2TbNMTky2evo

• Thanks 2