Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finance expert to Truth Social investors: 'You are certain to be taken for a sucker'

Grim Reaper 6

The advice "buyer beware" should rule the day when Donald Trump's Truth Social, which has never shown a penny of profit, starts trading publicly, financial writer Adam Lashinsky argued Monday. "I assure you that a company with $3.4 million in revenue and $49 million in losses over the past nine months is not worth $5 billion," Lashinsky wrote. "Buy into shares of any company with those numbers and you are certain to be taken for a sucker. 

Finance expert to Truth Social investors: 'You are certain to be taken for a sucker' (msn.com)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

🤣 https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-truth-social-stock-soars-in-first-day-of-trading-133705717.html

Donald Trump's first day back on the public markets was a wild ride.

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT), the parent company of Trump's social media platform Truth Social, rose 16% on Tuesday during the stock's first day of trading under its new ticker. Earlier in Tuesday's session, the stock rose as much as 50%.

The company merged with special purpose vehicle Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) in a deal approved by shareholders last week. Prior to the merger, DWAC had been on the public market since 2021.

At Tuesday's closing price of $57.99, Trump Media had a market cap of around $8 billion. 

Here's a screen shot I took of the stock today 

Screenshot_20240326-160807.thumb.png.c2a716eb3c38e551d899b18ef5a93eca.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

🤣 https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-truth-social-stock-soars-in-first-day-of-trading-133705717.html

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT), the parent company of Trump's social media platform Truth Social, rose 16% on Tuesday during the stock's first day of trading under its new ticker. Earlier in Tuesday's session, the stock rose as much as 50%.

The company merged with special purpose vehicle Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) in a deal approved by shareholders last week. Prior to the merger, DWAC had been on the public market since 2021.

At Tuesday's closing price of $57.99, Trump Media had a market cap of around $8 billion. 

In my expert opinion I think there is a future for this organisation but in the meantime I would be wary of buying shares in it.

The investment funds have already got their claws in to make a quick buck short selling it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

No experienced investor would have jumped into that stock after being aware of Donald trump's background unless they shorted it expecting a crash. So, much of that gain was most likely due to MAGA and others that trust Trump's experience in such things, I wish them the best but based upon Trump's prior history I would not touch that stock with my money. I will continue to play the Asian Currency market, it's very easy predict because the global economy is based upon the dollar which also gives me an advantage when purchasing foreign currency.:yes:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No experienced investor would have jumped into that stock after being aware of Donald trump's background unless they shorted it expecting a crash. So, much of that gain was most likely due to MAGA and others that trust Trump's experience in such things, I wish them the best but based upon Trump's prior history I would not touch that stock with my money. I will continue to play the Asian Currency market, it's very easy predict because the global economy is based upon the dollar which also gives me an advantage when purchasing foreign currency.:yes:

Can I interest you in a nice brand new pair of Trump sneakers? 

download.webp.22fe37ef657e991462f203e7775f230d.webp

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hell, no those are the ugliest dammed shoes I have ever seen!!!:w00t::no::D

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Haha 5

Trump's Stock Gets a Warning From Jim Cramer

The stock, flagged by CNBC's Jim Cramer as "overvalued," is the latest instance of the "meme stock" phenomenon, with its valuation drawing skepticism from seasoned market observers. With a market cap that belies its modest revenue and operational losses, DJT's trajectory is being propelled by a mixture of Trump's ardent supporters and speculative traders. 

"Like him or hate him, know that this stock is overvalued," Cramer tweeted, echoing sentiments shared by other market observers like Matt Tuttle, founder of Tuttle Capital Management, who previously told Newsweek that there will be "tons of volatility" in the stock in the run up to the November presidential elections.

Indeed, the financials underlying Trump Media & Technology Group and its stock price suggest a fairly wide discrepancy. Despite commanding a market capitalization of $9.84 billion at the time of writing, the company reported mere revenues of $3.4 million over the first nine months of 2023, alongside losses totaling $49 million.

Those figures stand in contrast to the company's soaring stock price at $68.01 per share, a phenomenon characteristic of meme stocks, which are driven more by sentiment than by solid financial fundamentals. Trump's Stock Gets a Warning From Jim Cramer (msn.com)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, acidhead said:

From experience I can tell you Trump cannot sell shares in DJT until the 6 month lock up period expires.

Taking a drive into $DJT - the company made 3.6 million in income the last financial year and has a market capitalisation of 7.5 billion dollars, of which Trump owns 51%. 

Will the price hold up? Probably not. And another interesting question is assuming Trump wins the presidency $DJT would make the perfect vehicle for a foreign national, wealth fund or other foreign entity to openly buy favours from Trump by buying stock and push the price up allowing Trump to make huge profits. 

Certainly a conflict of interest 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Trump's Stock Gets a Warning From Jim Cramer

The stock, flagged by CNBC's Jim Cramer as "overvalued," is the latest instance of the "meme stock" phenomenon, with its valuation drawing skepticism from seasoned market observers. With a market cap that belies its modest revenue and operational losses, DJT's trajectory is being propelled by a mixture of Trump's ardent supporters and speculative traders. 

"Like him or hate him, know that this stock is overvalued," Cramer tweeted, echoing sentiments shared by other market observers like Matt Tuttle, founder of Tuttle Capital Management, who previously told Newsweek that there will be "tons of volatility" in the stock in the run up to the November presidential elections.

Indeed, the financials underlying Trump Media & Technology Group and its stock price suggest a fairly wide discrepancy. Despite commanding a market capitalization of $9.84 billion at the time of writing, the company reported mere revenues of $3.4 million over the first nine months of 2023, alongside losses totaling $49 million.

Those figures stand in contrast to the company's soaring stock price at $68.01 per share, a phenomenon characteristic of meme stocks, which are driven more by sentiment than by solid financial fundamentals. Trump's Stock Gets a Warning From Jim Cramer (msn.com)

Jim Cramer is notorious for not reading market sentiment but in this case he’s spot on. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Jim Cramer is notorious for not reading market sentiment but in this case he’s spot on. 

To be honest I am not familiar Mr. Cramer, but according to some research I have done in the last two, he is spot on situation.:tu:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

To be honest I am not familiar Mr. Cramer, but according to some research I have done in the last two, he is spot on situation.:tu:

He’s an interesting fellow. Loud and brash but humble in an endearing way. There’s a whole group of amateur investors that actually bet on the opposite direction of what he suggests in the short term. But long term he’s spot on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, acidhead said:

Trump is also selling bibles at $60. Mind you not sure if he’s ever read one. Still haven’t seen your hero wear these sneakers. I guess his business acumen is better than his taste - then again…

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

He’s an interesting fellow. Loud and brash but humble in an endearing way. There’s a whole group of amateur investors that actually bet on the opposite direction of what he suggests in the short term. But long term he’s spot on!

Thats is very interesting to know, I will have to check him a closer, thanks.:tu:

• Like 1

Tech is risky.  However, many tech companies werent making money for years when they went public.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's got to big of a mouth for me to ever think of investing in anything of his 😆 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Still haven’t seen your hero wear these sneakers. 

There's a first time for everything! 

trump-in-the-trump-sneakers-v0-ulfzr11c3ojc1.thumb.jpg.f8feae7b80c66510781ce360db1a8d2a.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

You can make a bunch of money on a meme stock like this one if you are one of the lucky few to time your sale right.  Look at Game Stop.  Reddit users managed to drive the price of that up and screw over a big trust fund.  The downside was that all the Reddit users who didn't sell afterwords at the right time lost out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

There's a first time for everything! 

trump-in-the-trump-sneakers-v0-ulfzr11c3ojc1.thumb.jpg.f8feae7b80c66510781ce360db1a8d2a.jpg

Hanging in the hood, look. Still look like sh!t

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Trump is also selling bibles at $60. Mind you not sure if he’s ever read one. Still haven’t seen your hero wear these sneakers. I guess his business acumen is better than his taste - then again…

I was just going to say, be the first to own the new Trump God Bless the USA Bible. Forget the Gideons. The only bible endorsed by President Trump. It's his favorite book. Only $59.99 before tax. And look at what all you get....

The Trump Bible is the Bible America deserves (msn.com)

Trump, of course, was hawking Greenwood’s God Bless the USA Bible on Truth Social. Like the Gideon Bible, the God Bless the USA Bible has a KJV translation. The similarities end there. The God Bless the USA Bible also has a copy of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and (I particularly like this detail) a “handwritten” copy of the lyrics to Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA.” In another marked contrast to the Gideon Bible, the God Bless the USA Bible will set you back $59.99 before taxes. Those legal fees aren’t gonna pay themselves.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Day 2 DWAC stock 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-media-stock-surges-on-day-2-of-market-debut-153225087.html 

Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT) soared 14% on Wednesday in its second day of trading on the Nasdaq (^IXIC).

The parent company of Donald Trump's social media platform Truth Social climbed 16% in its first official trading day on Tuesday 

(Screen shot: courtesy of yours truly) 

Screenshot_20240327-222300.thumb.png.b17350f81fd2ec6af85812f200488722.png

On 3/25/2024 at 9:23 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The advice "buyer beware" should rule the day when Donald Trump's Truth Social, which has never shown a penny of profit, starts trading publicly, financial writer Adam Lashinsky argued Monday. "I assure you that a company with $3.4 million in revenue and $49 million in losses over the past nine months is not worth $5 billion," Lashinsky wrote. "Buy into shares of any company with those numbers and you are certain to be taken for a sucker. 

Finance expert to Truth Social investors: 'You are certain to be taken for a sucker' (msn.com)

I think you guys are focusing on the flapping cape and ignoring the matador standing there with a sword.  This is not about sound financial investment or turning a profit IMO.

Some small MAGA investors will make some money if they are quick or lose a bunch if they are not. The people who set this conduit up do not care.  This is so much better than traditional money laundering.  Several billion dollars from big investors who want big favors can be  put right in Trump's pocket. It may even be legal.  A possible president owing favors to TikTok was bad enough, but there could be a lot of other special interests guiding his presidential decisions.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Several billion dollars from big investors who want big favors can be  put right in Trump's pocket. It may even be legal.  

AIPAC rings a bell. Totally legal. Plays both Presidential Party's. Democrats and Republicans. You will never be POTUS unless you have support from AIPAC. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

A potential fortune can be made but its risky.

I rode the Ocado rollercoaster, it kept me on the edge of my seat for months, it took over my life. I think I`ll leave the Trump one alone until a couple of years down the line.

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think you guys are focusing on the flapping cape and ignoring the matador standing there with a sword.  This is not about sound financial investment or turning a profit IMO.

I agree and if I came off that way, that was not my intention.

Some small MAGA investors will make some money if they are quick or lose a bunch if they are not. The people who set this conduit up do not care.  This is so much better than traditional money laundering.

I think the only people who will make any money from this merger, are those who Short This Stock. You see shorting a stock requires a broker to loan a person the stock. So, with that said small investors normally are unable to get a broker to loan them the stock to short. So, the small MAGA investors will have pay cash out of their pockets, which more than likely with Trumps previous history will cost those people very dearly. While, it hasn't even happened yet and I feel for the small investor who thinks that they have a chance, because I will bet they will lose their collective ass with in 6 months.

Several billion dollars from big investors who want big favors can be  put right in Trump's pocket. It may even be legal.  A possible president owing favors to TikTok was bad enough, but there could be a lot of other special interests guiding his presidential decisions.

Tate, I have to disagree you, with Trumps previous track record I don't see any big investors getting involved with this stock.

JIMHO

23 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Tate, I have to disagree you, with Trumps previous track record I don't see any big investors getting involved with this stock.

Wait!  Forget Money and think POWER.  IMO, It is not about money or Investing for a financial return.

To the guys running the show, small investors are inconsequential chum in the water.    They came to feed the shark. It is about giving Trump $2-4 billions dollars legally and under our noses and expecting big favors in return.  It is the favors that have value, not the stock.  For a guy with $10-20 billion dollars or more, $500 million might be a bargain to prevent the government from forcing Tik Tok sale or  American Foreign policy to favor Saudi Arabia or some other nation.  What we are really talking about is buying the presidency of the United States., not some piddly-ass social media company. Even guys like Putin and Xi might consider some of that action.

I think these guys are smart, so they must have some hold or form of colleterial that Trump  cannot walk away from or negate with  the power of the presidency.  They know he is the snake in the poem he loves so much and they know how he loves biting those who he makes fools.  It makes him feel superior. So they must have some pretty good protection. 

In short, I think this could be a very bad deal for democracy.

• Like 2