Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robert F. Kennedy Jr to pick lawyer Nicole Shanahan as VP in 2024 bid, WSJ reports

OverSword

Posted (edited)

Independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr is expected to announce California-based lawyer Nicole Shanahan as his U.S. vice presidential pick, bypassing better-known potential candidates like National Football League star Aaron Rodgers, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Tuesday.

Shanahan, an attorney and entrepreneur, brings little Main Street name recognition to Kennedy's ticket, but potential financial firepower and connections in the tech industry and abortion rights activism.

She is president of the private Bia-Echo Foundation, which invests in helping women bear children at older ages, criminal justice reform and the environment.

Link

From Wikipedia:

Career

Shanahan graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law in 2014.[10] In law school, she was an exchange student at National University of Singapore.[11] She became interested in patent law; after becoming a lawyer, she became the founder and CEO of legal tech company ClearAccessIP,[10] based in Palo Alto.[9] She sold the company to a competitor, IPwe, in 2020.[11][9]

She has spoken on the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on law and the legal profession.[12] She was a fellow at Stanford Law School's CodeX, Stanford Center for Legal Informatics.[1][10][13]

Shanahan was executive producer of the film Evolver in 2022 and the film Kiss The Ground in 2020.[14][15]

Shanahan is a member of the board of Carbon Royalty Corp.[16] She invested in Linus Biotechnology, Inc. (LinusBio), a biotech firm, during a venturing funding round announced in January 2023.[17] In 2023, she joined the board of Extreme Tech Challenge.[18] She is the "Global Joy Officer" and a member of the board at the Sloomoo Institute.[19]

Link

She is a leftist and young, the democrats are right to worry Kennedy will siphon votes away from them.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll look into her more in the coming days.  I hope she is not leaning too far left as I was hoping for a viable third party to vote for. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll look into her more in the coming days.  I hope she is not leaning too far left as I was hoping for a viable third party to vote for. 

Read the Wiki page.  This lady is a high roller and possibly a gold digger. Formerly married to a Google founder, founder of several charitable organizations, mover and shaker in big tech it seems like. Lawyer. Slept with Elon.  Probably sold her soul to the devil :devil:

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Read the Wiki page.  This lady is a high roller and possibly a gold digger. Formerly married to a Google founder, founder of several charitable organizations, mover and shaker in big tech it seems like. Lawyer. Slept with Elon.  Probably sold her soul to the devil :devil:

Not a great choice but still better than Kamala.

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

Not a great choice but still better than Kamala.

Actually if you go through it she's probably a really great pick.  Her credentials aside from being a bit of a star ****er are pretty impressive.  She would probably be the smartest person in government were Kennedy to win.

I have voted 3rd party before when not content with the 2 main parties. But it's a long shot for them to get elected.

Americans are so binary minded on Dems & GOP. It would be interesting to see how an Independent would perform if elected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I have voted 3rd party before when not content with the 2 main parties. But it's a long shot for them to get elected.

Americans are so binary minded on Dems & GOP. It would be interesting to see how an Independent would perform if elected.

They would get log jammed at every turn by the two big parties who are more concerned with power and control than with America.  In order for a third party to be truly successful they need to win at the city, county, state, and congressional levels rather than trying to take over the presidency.  Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

From Wikipedia:

Link

She is a leftist and young, the democrats are right to worry Kennedy will siphon votes away from them.

Kennedy is brain dead. 

How he has got this far is astounding. Surely he is peaking in his popularity at the moment. It's a red flag to America that someone who requires mental health care is talking about running the country. 

How could somebody that stupid mange to challenge a major party? People are surely going to read what he is saying at some point and look a little further than his name. That's going to be the WTF moment for many I suspect. The guys a raging whacko. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You would think after the last two that America would try to improve the political landscape.

But nup. Let's give old man nutcase Kennedy a shot. 

America is bizarro world.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's a red flag to America that someone who requires mental health care is talking about running the country. 

Which candidate are you talking about?  Hard to tell from this statement :lol:  I'm willing to bet he is not at peak popularity yet.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Which candidate are you talking about?  Hard to tell from this statement :lol:  I'm willing to bet he is not at peak popularity yet.

You've got a point. 

It could be any one or their counterparts. 

This bloke and MTG make me think politics in America is just a replacement for the institutions Regan shut down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1